BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Sentri?---Global entry?
billklaser
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2020 at 08:02 AM

The last time my wife and I did our renewal there was no interview required. This time my wife did not require one and I did? I imagine it is a random thing, as nothing in my life is any different.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 7-10-2020 at 10:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by billklaser  
The last time my wife and I did our renewal there was no interview required. This time my wife did not require one and I did? I imagine it is a random thing, as nothing in my life is any different.

Thank you.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2020 at 10:08 AM

CLOSED until September if lucky

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/immigration/story/...

Es Todo Bueno
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2020 at 03:56 PM

I read about it earlier. Maybe I'l have my GE by October of 2021.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2020 at 08:12 PM

I received the conditional approval for my GE today, and the first appointment was on June 3, 2021.

I made an appointment just to have one, but when I get on a regular work schedule, and I know what my days off will be, I'll start checking for cancellations.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 7-29-2020 at 10:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tjsue  
I received the conditional approval for my GE today, and the first appointment was on June 3, 2021.

I made an appointment just to have one, but when I get on a regular work schedule, and I know what my days off will be, I'll start checking for cancellations.

Check Calexico, it may be a bit of a drive but when I did it a year and a bit ago the appointments were as close as next day. Different now perhaps but I doubt a year out.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-29-2020 at 11:00 PM

Given the USA’s inability to control covid-19 contagion, and current administration’s complete lack of interest in controlling contagion, it is unlikely any foreign government will allow USA citizen to enter a foreign country prior to June 2021,...
with luck, a new administration will take over in Jan 2021, and maybe USA infection rate will drop in early 2021.
You probably won’t need GE until July 2021 or later, eh?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2020 at 08:15 AM

I'm not in a hurry, and have no plans to drive anywhere else with the exception of Otay Mesa for my interview.

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Check Calexico, it may be a bit of a drive but when I did it a year and a bit ago the appointments were as close as next day. Different now perhaps but I doubt a year out.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2020 at 08:20 AM

Calexico Enrollment Center
1699 East Carr Road, Calexico, CALIFORNIA 92231
Next Available Appointment: April 23, 2021

Los Angeles International Global Entry EC
11099 S LA CIENEGA BLVD, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90045
No appointments available for this location

TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2020 at 12:47 PM

I had a similar experience as Bajazly. Wait a long time, or go to Calexico. My guess is that the folks at Calexico are more friendly.

Life is good...
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2020 at 09:57 AM

Whooo hooo, I finally got conditional approval for sentri. I applied last September. My wife applied in late October and was approved in March. Go figure. Need to check on the kids applications.

From what I understand we need to find a day with four appointments. Is this true for those with kids? Hopefully in another year we have our cards1

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-20-2020 at 10:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Whooo hooo, I finally got conditional approval for sentri. I applied last September. My wife applied in late October and was approved in March. Go figure. Need to check on the kids applications.

From what I understand we need to find a day with four appointments. Is this true for those with kids? Hopefully in another year we have our cards1

Memory is a bit fuzzy, it was a few years ago, but I recall that we used a single appt for entire family. Linked applications allowed for making single appt. entire family interviewed at same time.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2020 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Great news! Good things come to those who wait. :D

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2020 at 04:12 PM

I got same day appointment for my wife and I but interviews are separate. Don't know about children under 18 of age.

[Edited on 8-20-2020 by freediverbrian]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2020 at 04:17 PM

Wife and I had separate appointments for RENEWAL and officer called us both over and we took turns sitting at his desk to answer questions and take photos.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2020 at 08:16 PM

To get cancellation appointments for Sentri or GE, try this website:

https://appointmentscanner.com/

[Edited on 8-28-2020 by tjsue]
DosMars
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2020 at 08:01 AM
SENTRI Interview questions

I recently got the ball rolling again on getting the family SENTRI passes. We were scheduled for our interview a week before a big trip south in March, but I relized I could get an appointment on our way back from that trip that would save us a separate drive down. Unfortunately, Covid shut things down before the trip and our appointment was cancelled...!

I noticed they were accepting reservations at Calexico again, so went ahead and made an appointment for August of next year. I was able to bump it up a couple of months by checking back in periodically and was lucky enough to nab a spot in June that had recently been cancelled.

Question: The spot I reserved is for 4 people, each of the others has their own appointment scheduled, but at later dates. I'm assuming since they're in the system with appointments, they'll get done at the eaarlier date? Don't see anywhere where they can reserve a spot on that particular day at the particular time I reserved in June...

Question 2: What do I need to bring with me as far as getting the car checked out? I'm assuming they do the vehicle at the same interview time? Or do you need a separate interview for the vehicle?

I took a look at the link above for the app that notifies you of cancellations, but have been just checking in periodically. Has anyone had luck with the app before I plop down my $15? Seems like if everyone with the app is getting the same heads up I'm only increasing my odds of grabbing that spot marginally.

Thanks, hopefully the border will be diled in by the time we get cleared for the fast lane!

-Mark
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 9-23-2020 at 08:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DosMars  
Question 2: What do I need to bring with me as far as getting the car checked out? I'm assuming they do the vehicle at the same interview time? Or do you need a separate interview for the vehicle?

-Mark

Bring all the paperwork for the car, rego, insurance and so on but the inspection may take place the first time you cross back into the US. I say may because some never get inspected but they don't do inspections at the interview.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2020 at 10:01 AM

I never got inspected, though they did want to see my insurance papers at the interview. I got the impression it was just something on a checklist that needed to be crossed off.

I found the process friendly and cordial. Nice people, just overloaded with too much paperwork (AKA ass-covering)
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-23-2020 at 12:04 PM

Mine took seven months. My wife's was two weeks!

Quote: Originally posted by eguillermo  
My Sentri application took 362 days before being cleared for the interview.

Which is better than never :)

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.