Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Attack the topic without attacking each other
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 07:47 PM
Attack the topic without attacking each other

Can you do it?

Can you ignore someone who comments negatively about you? Can you get your point across without derogatory comments directed at a specific person who posts here?

These questions can be rhetorical or taken at face value - your choice.
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 07:52 PM

Thems fightin words
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 08:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  
Thems fightin words

:-) Nah. Nothing wrong with introspection.

I value differing opinions, even here. You can't truly know what you believe in, unless you understand the stance of the opposition.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 08:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by imlost  
Can you do it?

Can you ignore someone who comments negatively about you? Can you get your point across without derogatory comments directed at a specific person who posts here?

can you do it? well no but I certainly tip my hat to you that have a thicker layer of skin.....there's a large community of off road enthusiasts here that are characterized as a group of fat, toothless,beer bellied knuckledraggers by this one individual. yeah, we take exception.......if you don't, thats fine too. Braaaap!
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 08:35 PM

Introspection is foreign and painful for most here. It is so much easier to attack the person than the idea. Myself included.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 09:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Can you do it?

can you do it? well no but I certainly tip my hat to you that have a thicker layer of skin.....

I appreciate that you were able to be honest enough to answer the question with a "no".

I certainly think there's a time and place to stand your ground and confront those who attack you, but I wonder what it would be like if you/we just didn't give them an audience.

In my city, the neo N-zi's rally occasionally. I wonder if no one showed up to give them an audience, if they would actually come to spout their hate. Seriously; send the TV reporters somewhere else, and protest them silently by staying at home. They're looking for a fight. Why give them what they want?
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 06:17 AM

In my city, the neo N-zi's rally occasionally. I wonder if no one showed up to give them an audience, if they would actually come to spout their hate. Seriously; send the TV reporters somewhere else, and protest them silently by staying at home. They're looking for a fight. Why give them what they want?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by John Harper]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 06:35 AM

The news must continue to cover trump rallies. People need to know about trump, including the hate he spouts at his rallies.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 07:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The news must continue to cover trump rallies. People need to know about trump, including the hate he spouts at his rallies.

Pushing for people to do the right thing...….HATE
Asking countries to pay their fair share.....HATE
Wanting countries do be fair in trade.....HATE
Working to put America first......HATE
Pushing to keep Americans safe......HATE

When you can't beat the policies, sound the alarm it's all HATE, RACIST and BIGOTED, to stoke FEAR in the masses......every day all day.....for the last two years.

And when that isn't doing the job, attack the family, attack Mar-a-Lago, attack orange hair, attack the press secretary, attack the DHS secretary, attack ICE, attack the CBP, attack a Senator and his wife.

Attack attack attack

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/17/republicans-attacked-2018...

While the ire of Trumps HATE towards blacks, the policies of all that HATE, ended up with blacks...........lowest unemployment figures EVER.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/01/news/economy/black-unemploy...

His HATE towards Latinos resulted in historically low unemployment rates.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/09/28/latino-unemp...

The "misogyny" HATE of women...saw them GAIN in the Trump economy.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/10/02/women_...

But by GAWD.........what a HATER he is.
Imagine what TRUE LOVE would be........

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by DaliDali]

imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 08:28 AM

Dali,
When someone at the party spits in the punch bowl, it doesn't make the mixture more palatable to know that the only thing there is to drink is "mostly punch".

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by imlost]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 09:40 AM

Imlost wrote: "That's not at all what I'm saying. I believe that a lot supporters of the wall have not put a lot of thought in to the reason(s) they support it, and many of them support it only because they're being led to believe that it will be beneficial. It's undeniable that some them are racially motivated. My rhetorical question remains the same: If you're a supporter of the wall, why? Again, 'Examine your motivation'.

Imlost, now you're implying they are stupid, if our right-wing brothers, support the wall. Once, again I would agree with you, but would not say it that way, however, I could once again see conservative wall builders, take exception to you posts, because they do not believe they are being led.

You have a well meaning thread, but like I said, nobody is innocent, yet threads like this seem to attract the most guilty.

I take the Jesus, approach, "He that is without sin among you, let them first cast a stone." ( OK I changed a few words)

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 09:59 AM
You Don't need a Weatherman to KNOW ..................

............ Which way Joe's gonna BLOW !

imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Imlost wrote: "That's not at all what I'm saying. I believe that a lot supporters of the wall have not put a lot of thought in to the reason(s) they support it, and many of them support it only because they're being led to believe that it will be beneficial. It's undeniable that some them are racially motivated. My rhetorical question remains the same: If you're a supporter of the wall, why? Again, 'Examine your motivation'.

Imlost, now you're implying they are stupid, if our right-wing brothers, support the wall. Once, again I would agree with you, but would not say it that way, however, I could once again see conservative wall builders, take exception to you posts, because they do not believe they are being led.

You have a well meaning thread, but like I said, nobody is innocent, yet threads like this seem to attract the most guilty.

I take the Jesus, approach, "He that is without sin among you, let them first cast a stone." ( OK I changed a few words)

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

Some of them are stupid, as are some on the left. It's not for me to point that out to specific individual. People shouldn't be silent about what they believe in, but I believe you can get people to think about their actions without lobbing personal insults. The point of this thread: 'Attack a topic, without attacking each other'. I don't think it's at all necessary to throw stones in the first place.

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 11:01 AM

Can you get your point across without derogatory comments directed at a specific person who posts here?

... and what is your point, may I ask? Sounds like a poll to me - not always a good idea, especially when it's not anonymous. So, I'll respond in general terms.

Getting the point across, i.e. staying on the subject AND providing a meaningful input is a 2-part task (parts separated with "AND").

Staying on the subject - possibly.
Providing a meaningful input requires knowledge of the subject and adequate communication skills - again, one may possess the knowledge but not able to express himself.

Finally, when you've managed to post your "point" in competent and civilized form, - if the audience will reject it for no reason and without explanations, then you didn't get the point across.

The only thing that people of this particular audience have in common is - they spend some time in Baja. Chances that majority won't know or won't be interested in what you are talking about, are very high, unless you ask simple questions like "What is the weather now in town A". When people are not interested, they are bored. When they are bored, they hijack the thread and then absolutely anything may happen.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 12:00 PM
Drawing a Line

We can't make fun of Orange Hair (and Skin) ?

Drats !

BTW, Low unemployment doesn't (necessarily) reflect love. Hey, Ol' Massa kept his Blacks working, too.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

Drats !

BTW, Low unemployment doesn't (necessarily) reflect love. Hey, Ol' Massa kept his Blacks working, too.

Sure you can, but if that dynamic follows true, so can one poke fun at black/brown hair and skin with impunity yes? All in fun right?

Obama year by year black unemployment numbers

2009 low 12.7% high 16.1%

2010 low 15.2% high 16.8%

2011 low 14.6% high 16.5%

2012 low 13.3% high 14.5%

2013 low 12.3% high 14.2%

2014 low 10.6% high 12.1%

2015 low 8.5% high 10.4%

2016 low 7.9% high 8.9%

Trending down at 7.9%

Trump...2017 low 6.8% high 8.1%

2018 low 5.9% high 7.7%

Trending down at 5.9% Nov 2018

No judgements.....pure numbers.
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 12:35 PM

It does get pretty boring reading left wing troll posts on this site. In my opinion, these keyboard warriors are probably alcoholics who have nothing to do all day other than watch Rachel Madcow all day on MSNBC and stew in their own hate and anger, so let them have their fun. 😁
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  
It does get pretty boring reading left wing troll posts on this site. In my opinion, these keyboard warriors are probably alcoholics who have nothing to do all day other than watch Rachel Madcow all day on MSNBC and stew in their own hate and anger, so let them have their fun. 😁

How about the right-wing trolls on this site, where there is a majority that lean to the far-right, because of their demographic, of being in the dying off majority.

You will find, the posts you don't like the most, are the posts you don't agree with.

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 01:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

Drats !

Sure you can, but if that dynamic follows true, so can one poke fun at black/brown hair and skin with impunity yes? All in fun right?

Obama year by year black unemployment numbers

2009 low 12.7% high 16.1%

2010 low 15.2% high 16.8%

2011 low 14.6% high 16.5%

2012 low 13.3% high 14.5%

2013 low 12.3% high 14.2%

2014 low 10.6% high 12.1%

2015 low 8.5% high 10.4%

2016 low 7.9% high 8.9%

Trending down at 7.9%

Trump...2017 low 6.8% high 8.1%

2018 low 5.9% high 7.7%

Trending down at 5.9% Nov 2018

No judgements.....pure numbers.
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

You're presenting this Liberals with facts, you should know better than that!

Making America Great Again
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 01:45 PM

The development of events have successfully confirmed my conclusions - when the question is not clear, the answers are all over. Was fun to read though.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.