BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: crossing at mexicali or yuma ?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-14-2019 at 10:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cftlet  
Just a update, we crossed the boarder in Yuma on the 9th with no problems. Thanks for the help( the directions from Kaslokid were right on. We went down mex 5 with no problem (it was a bit bouncy from time to time but not bad at all). Made it to G.N. long before dark without pushing it.

Perfect! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2019 at 11:57 PM

You're welcome!
Jinete Viejo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 03:34 PM
Northbound Mexicali West crossing

Regarding crossing into California through Mexicali West, the San Felipe web site has the following... "If you do not have SENTRI passes, your best return method will be to go to the Mexicali East port". Gives me the impression the northbound crossing at Mexicali West is hard to find. Can someone provide directions?
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jinete Viejo  
Regarding crossing into California through Mexicali West, the San Felipe web site has the following... "If you do not have SENTRI passes, your best return method will be to go to the Mexicali East port". Gives me the impression the northbound crossing at Mexicali West is hard to find. Can someone provide directions?

If you know where the east crossing is, just drive west along the border about 4 or so miles and you will be in line for Mexicali west. I encountered the line from hell in November at Mexicali east, turned around, drove down the border road and just had to make 1 right turn. Pretty easy to find.

If you go to the east port, approach from the east and when you turn in, stay in the right lane and just bypass the line in the left lane. They both go to the same place and there is nothing special about the right lane. Seems because no one is in it the traffic on the left is scared to use it. We just jumped into it once and bypassed about an hour wait from the turn in off the border road.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2019 at 07:30 PM

Cesar does another fun video driving from San Felipe to Mexicali east crossing.
https://video.relive.cc/27560630001_relive-tracker_155061711...
daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 2-20-2019 at 07:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by cftlet  
I have been wintering in baja sur for the last 12 years and have always crossed at tecate. this year my wife and I want to take mex 5 but Iam not sure where to cross. Im a little intimidated by Mexicali ( big city with lots of traffic) and Im thinking crossing at Yuma might be better. What are your thoughts ? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Driving in Mexicali is easy. There is only 1 turn to make in the city. Look at map, it is straight shot thru Mexicali.
If Mexicali intimidates you, you can cross at familiar place tecate and take hwy 2 to get to 5.
If you can handle I-5 thru Sacramento, then you can handle Mexicali.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.