Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: CBP guys POV
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2019 at 08:30 PM
CBP guys POV

Point of view from someone in the know in so many ways

www.ocregister.com/2019/01/04/on-the-line-one-border-patrol-...

Es Todo Bueno
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2019 at 08:47 PM

Good read, nothing but respect for CBP men and women..
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 07:21 AM

Very good read, thanks for that.

Making America Great Again
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 09:18 AM

What a crock of BS and a bunch of softball questions from the OC Register, of the pencil pusher retired border Patrol, Legislative and Political Affairs and union man as he calls himself.

Questions I would have asked him that went unanswered in the article:

1. Do you support the wall and do the rank and file? In the article he mentioned three things, " secure the border: infrastructure, technology and “boots on the ground.” In other polls, the border patrol suits, are for the wall, but the rank and file, are not, they are for more things like infrastructure, technology, but they say nothing about a wall.

2. How do the border patrol agents feel about not being paid while the government shutdown continues. Do they like the President playing politics with their jobs?

3. The retired border patrol first wife, the dreamer, who supports Trump. Yeah, right, I could really see a liberal democrat, dreamer, supporting Trump. In the article it also mentioned his first wife dying around 2006, so when did he marry his current dreamer wife? ( the time line makes no sense after he mentions another wife of his dying)

4. When he was hit in the head with a rock by a Mexican, and suffered a traumatic brain injury. Why didn't he just take a medical retirement, that's always generous with union or police agencies? Instead it appears he turned into a drunk while supposedly suffering from PTSD.

5. You mention immigration court cases could take years, so you are for large humane detention centers with playground but no cells. So do you want to keep asylum seekers in prison with playground for years which BTW is against current law. I would ask, do you also own a pair of jackboots?

I could ask this bozo many other questions, like what do you think of the President, going on National TV tonight to lie to the public about his manufactured crisis at the border?

[Edited on 1-8-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 09:33 AM

Well, I do have to agree with JJJ. The OC Register is a conservative paper so no surprise with the right winged slant given to the retired agent's opinion.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 02:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Well, I do have to agree with JJJ. The OC Register is a conservative paper so no surprise with the right winged slant given

Never thought I'd see it, but after Nov. elections, all House
of Rep. are Dems. here in the OC. The Govt. workers are always
complaining, overworked, underpaid, understaffed, dangerous.
None of them will admit it, behind the bravado, there are
generally a couple factors that makes Govt. work attractive, little
expenditure oversight and the bloated early retirement

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
Well, I do have to agree with JJJ. The OC Register is a conservative paper so no surprise with the right winged slant given

The Govt. workers are always
complaining, overworked, underpaid, understaffed, dangerous.
None of them will admit it, behind the bravado, there are
generally a couple factors that makes Govt. work attractive, little
expenditure oversight and the bloated early retirement

Sounds like someone failed their Civil Service exam, bummer.

Doesn't McDonald's offer a retirement plan?

John

[Edited on 1-8-2019 by John Harper]
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 03:25 PM

Well, I do have to agree with JJJ. The OC Register is a conservative paper so no surprise with the right winged slant given to the retired agent's opinion.

Beg to differ; the OC Register is a Libertarian paper and has been since their inception, one of the few ever around.

Es Todo Bueno
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 04:08 PM

Libertarian, doesn't always mean liberal, because there are right leaning libertarians too.

I do see the OC Register editorial page has taken a few libertarian positions that liberals would like, but I also see others continue seeing the OC Register, as having a media bias to the right, although it's a pretty accurate with their facts.

Yes, the OC was the last bastion of conservatism in southern California but that's changing with the heavy influx of both Asians, Latinos, and others in the county.

I stand by my opinion, left leaning, or right leaning, the article/interview of the retired Border Patrol agent, was a one-sided, big cream puff story without one hard hitting question to the retired BP thug.

[Edited on 1-8-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 04:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

Beg to differ; the OC Register is a Libertarian paper and has been since their inception, one of the few ever around.

Exactly!

drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 05:35 PM

Yes, very good read. Should make all the lefties start whining and crying. ;D
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 06:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  

Depending on what happens at 6PM (PST) The lefties, and most sane people in the US may be whining and crying, over the President, declaring a phony state of emergency, which may actually cause one.

Military juntas have often used states of exception in order to override legislative authority. This is the way Hitler cemented his dictatorial powers.

Of course the base will be ecstatic as usual, and will have no idea, they are being played.

[Edited on 1-9-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2019 at 06:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  

Start? Been going on for a long time.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2019 at 08:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

I predict the US Gov will be open soon without the wall.

I think you are right. Republicans are already defecting. Like rats from a sinking ship.

John
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-9-2019 at 10:32 AM
Open - Closed - Who KNOWS ?

There is a line of thinking among many analysts that D.T. still might roll the dice and declare his emergency thinking that it's a "No Lose" gambit. Given the established deference shown by the courts, he could get away with it.

On the other hand, should the [Supreme] court rule against him as that court previously did with Truman, Trump can say to his base that he gave it his best efforts.

And, of course, continue onward into 2020 laying blame on the opposition party.

One problem with the "emergency" route (beyond any court rulings) which might derail his desire to do so is that of having to redirect significant sums of dedicated military spending. And, redirecting military personnel. THAT would start another firestorm, BUT his thinking might be that he can still lay the blame off on the Dems.

What's next ? As one analyst said yesterday ....................... "Hey, it's Trump ! Who knows ?"

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 09:58 AM

The bottom line is even with a new wall we need more border patrol officers and personnel to handle all of the immigrants seeking asylum. With the new technology and more border patrol personnel we can do without a useless and expensive wall. We can do more agents/personnel w/o a wall, but you can't do a wall w/o more agents/personnel. so why bother with a presidential vanity project expensive that only his idiotic base wants?
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 10:33 AM

How many people have considered the implications of a wall and have removed the fencing between their neighbors? Must be a crisis brewing with the landfills being overwhelmed with fence material and all. I hope someone can figure out a viable recycling project for all of this material that is going to waste. Until that is figured out, I will keep the wall around my house- just doing my part to be green.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
How many people have considered the implications of a wall and have removed the fencing between their neighbors? Must be a crisis brewing with the landfills being overwhelmed with fence material and all. I hope someone can figure out a viable recycling project for all of this material that is going to waste. Until that is figured out, I will keep the wall around my house- just doing my part to be green.

A wall or fence around your own property is a private and personal financial and/or security issue. A wall along our borders is a public and national issue. I'd say that's a "false equivalence" on your part.

John

[Edited on 1-10-2019 by John Harper]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:05 AM

Not sure what you mean John. I thought our government is here to provide protection and security.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Not sure what you mean John. I thought our government is here to provide protection and security.

I mean that what people do on their private property has nothing to do with national sovereignty or border control. All walls are not the same. You can't compare someone's gated, private community to a national border, which is a public issue, not a private one. It needs to be decided by our representatives in Congress, not the local homeowner's group.

Protection and security is provided by the DOD, DHS, local authorities, etc. They are government entities, which involves all of us. A private security guard at a gated community is a hardly the same thing.

John

[Edited on 1-10-2019 by John Harper]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.