Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: CBP guys POV
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:15 AM

I can agree with you that not all walls are the same. I also agree that this should be decided by our Congressional representatives. I am disappointed that our elected officials are seemingly unable to get things done and instead spend all their time pointing fingers and trying to make themselves look good.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
How many people have considered the implications of a wall and have removed the fencing between their neighbors? Must be a crisis brewing with the landfills being overwhelmed with fence material and all. I hope someone can figure out a viable recycling project for all of this material that is going to waste. Until that is figured out, I will keep the wall around my house- just doing my part to be green.

I don't have a fence between me and my neighbors, and I don't feel unsafe at all. If somebody comes over who is not invited, I will be alerted by my dogs, and if they are a threat I will either call the police, or bring out weapons, with includes guns.

A wall will be a waste of money and will not stop a determined persons who can always go around, under, or through the wall......you also don't own the USA

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
The bottom line is even with a new wall we need more border patrol officers and personnel to handle all of the immigrants seeking asylum. With the new technology and more border patrol personnel we can do without a useless and expensive wall. We can do more agents/personnel w/o a wall, but you can't do a wall w/o more agents/personnel. so why bother with a presidential vanity project expensive that only his idiotic base wants?

I have a great high tech security system that alerts me to any intrusion on my property wherever I am on my smart phone. I can watch any intrusion in real time. By the time I can call police and they can respond, the intruder is long gone. A poor solution would be hiring enough police to carpet every inch of territory and pay for that. I would much prefer a wall like the celebrity’s and politicians have. The US system is now set up requiring those breaching the US borders to be admitted until their case for asylum can be evaluated. An open border and high tech detection invites the mobs swarming the border and simply being able to watch as it happens. We have enough welfare expense we can’t afford in our trillion dollar yearly deficit without taking on more.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
We have enough welfare expense we can’t afford in our trillion dollar yearly deficit without taking on more.

Like tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations we can't afford? Like corporate welfare (subsidies and price support) to farms, oil companies (depletion allowances, cheap exploration leases), etc? How about our bloated DOD budget that supports the MIC (Boeing/Northrop/Halliburton)?

Have you ever considered those programs as "welfare" or just poor people, unemployed, asylum seekers, refugees, and starving children?

John

[Edited on 1-10-2019 by John Harper]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:28 AM

LancairDriver- Spot on!
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
We have enough welfare expense we can’t afford in our trillion dollar yearly deficit without taking on more.

Like tax cuts for the wealthy we can't afford? Like corporate welfare to farms, oil companies, etc? Like our bloated DOD budget that supports the MIC? Have you ever considered those programs as "welfare" or just poor people, unemployed, asylum seekers, refugees, and starving children?

John

[Edited on 1-10-2019 by Tioloco]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:34 AM

Exactly like those as well, John
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 12:14 PM

Like tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations we can't afford? Like corporate welfare (subsidies and price support) to farms, oil companies (depletion allowances, cheap exploration leases), etc? How about our bloated DOD budget that supports the MIC (Boeing/Northrop/Halliburton)?

Have you ever considered those programs as "welfare" or just poor people, unemployed, asylum seekers, refugees, and starving children?

John

I don’t think there is anyone who opposes the programs you mention any more than I do, unless it is Ron Paul.
Today it was reported the Pentagon is having to return som 27 billion to Congress that they couldn’t spend fast enough and have to return. What happens to this money? Unfortunately there isn’t a single district in the US that doesn’t have a politician beholden to supporting most of these programs. Ever watch the chaos when they try to close some military or other government facility? It is political suicide for the politician whose district contains one of these facilities to support closing it. A good start would be to get the sheep to stop believing the scare tactics employed to justify supporting 100+military bases around the world that they justify by hyping the idea we are in mortal danger from foreign entities. Cutting back drastically on this bloated budget could free up a fortune in US infrastructure projects that would employ legal citizens who want to work and cut down on the need for massive welfare payments.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 12:26 PM

John

I don’t think there is anyone who opposes the programs you mention any more than I do, unless it is Ron Paul.
Today it was reported the Pentagon is having to return som 27 billion to Congress that they couldn’t spend fast enough and have to return. What happens to this money? Unfortunately there isn’t a single district in the US that doesn’t have a politician beholden to supporting most of these programs. Ever watch the chaos when they try to close some military or other government facility? It is political suicide for the politician whose district contains one of these facilities to support closing it. A good start would be to get the sheep to stop believing the scare tactics employed to justify supporting 100+military bases around the world that they justify by hyping the idea we are in mortal danger from foreign entities. Cutting back drastically on this bloated budget could free up a fortune in US infrastructure projects that would employ legal citizens who want to work and cut down on the need for massive welfare payments.

That will never happen, it makes too much sense.

John
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 02:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
The bottom line is even with a new wall we need more border patrol officers and personnel to handle all of the immigrants seeking asylum. With the new technology and more border patrol personnel we can do without a useless and expensive wall. We can do more agents/personnel w/o a wall, but you can't do a wall w/o more agents/personnel. so why bother with a presidential vanity project expensive that only his idiotic base wants?

I have a great high tech security system that alerts me to any intrusion on my property wherever I am on my smart phone. I can watch any intrusion in real time. By the time I can call police and they can respond, the intruder is long gone. A poor solution would be hiring enough police to carpet every inch of territory and pay for that. I would much prefer a wall like the celebrity’s and politicians have. The US system is now set up requiring those breaching the US borders to be admitted until their case for asylum can be evaluated. An open border and high tech detection invites the mobs swarming the border and simply being able to watch as it happens. We have enough welfare expense we can’t afford in our trillion dollar yearly deficit without taking on more.

Winner!

Making America Great Again
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-11-2019 at 04:21 PM

Today 800,000 Federal workers were not paid because of the wall Gov shutdown.

Today in the news, the border patrol, showed Trump, where tunnels have already been dug where there is already an existing wall.

Test on the prototype steel slats, show a chain saw could cut right through them.

It looks like the wall is pretty ineffective, yet the President is standing firm for this base and the pundits

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prot...

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2019 at 06:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Today 800,000 Federal workers were not paid because of the wall Gov shutdown.

Today in the news, the border patrol, showed Trump, where tunnels have already been dug where there is already an existing wall.

Test on the prototype steel slats, show a chain saw could cut right through them.

It looks like the wall is pretty ineffective, yet the President is standing firm for this base and the pundits

Test of steel prototype for border wall showed it could be sawed through

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prot...

You left out a few qualifiers..

"Responding to the picture from the South Lawn of the White House on Thursday morning, Trump claimed "that’s a wall designed by previous administrations."
While it is true that previous administrations used this design, the prototype was built during his administration"

"While the design currently being constructed was informed by what we learned in the prototypes, it does not replicate those designs," said Waldman.

"The steel bollard design is internally reinforced with materials that require time and multiple industrial tools to breach, thereby providing U.S. Border Patrol agents additional response time to affect a successful law enforcement resolution. In the event that one of the steel bollards becomes damaged, it is quick and cost-effective to repair"

"The professionals on the border know that a wall system is intended not only to prevent entry, it is intended to defer and to increase the amount of time and effort it takes for one to enter so that we can respond with limited border patrol agents. Even a wall that is being breached is a valuable tool in that it allows us to respond to the attempted illegal entry."

In response to KPBS, CBP spokesman Ralph DeSio said the prototypes "were not and cannot be designed to be indestructible," but were designed to "impede or deny efforts to scale, breach, or dig under such a barrier, giving agents time to respond."

Pay keen attention to:...."The professionals on the border" which YOU are not.

At any rate......a chain saw to slice through steel is STOOOOPID.
Stick with oak or pine logs for a chain saw.

[Edited on 1-12-2019 by DaliDali]

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2019 at 08:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
At any rate......a chain saw to slice through steel is STOOOOPID.

I wonder what a couple drums of ANFO would do?

John
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-12-2019 at 10:18 AM
The Need to Get Past Trump

As great as it would be to move past Trump, it doesn't look likely in (at least) the near future.

Although there are parallels, unlike an infestation of Cockroaches, baited traps won't work in his case.

Barring a Lucky Strike, 2020 may be the earliest we have a chance of saying A - M - F to the Ass.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2019 at 03:38 PM
AOC is a Gift

To the GOP.

The most over-hyped inexperienced politician since Jesse Ventura is guaranteed to provide the Fox network with a regular stream of inflammatory and inappropriate comments on a weekly basis unless she's restrained by Madame Speaker.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2019 at 06:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
To the GOP.

The most over-hyped inexperienced politician since Jesse Ventura is guaranteed to provide the Fox network with a regular stream of inflammatory and inappropriate comments on a weekly basis unless she's restrained by Madame Speaker.

+1

John
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2019 at 04:33 AM

To the GOP.

+1

John

+2

Making America Great Again
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-13-2019 at 10:04 AM

Oh what a shame(sham) that GoFundMe decided to refund all the money to those who contributed to build the wall. They are very lucky they are even getting their money back from the scammers.

The GoFundMe Campaign to Build Trump’s Wall Crashes and Burns

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2019 at 10:50 AM
Somebody took it Seriously ?

Well, "there's one born every minute" so they say.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2019 at 11:26 AM

Well, "there's one born every minute" so they say.

63 million in the U.S. alone.

John
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
1-17-2019 at 12:49 PM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.