BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The wall/Punta Rosarito directions.
LukeJobbins
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2019 at 08:24 PM
The wall/Punta Rosarito directions.

Trying to run down fast to grab the end of this swell tomorrow and I can’t remeber the turnoff. It’s been a while since I’ve been there. Anyone have a gps pin or kilometer marker? I remeber the road being easy to follow to the point but can’t remember the turnoff. Thanks.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 08:32 AM

Wish I could help you but I can't since I don't surf but there were so many surfers heading down when we came back last weekend - I bet you could follow the vehicles and find your way!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 08:38 AM

KM 62.5 (but some kilometer posts were missing along this section of widened Hwy. 1).

The town of Rosarito (Nuevo Rosarito) is at KM 52 (dip in the road then the curve to the west). So, set your trip odometer to zero there and in just over 6 miles look for the Punta Rosarito road. It's 7 miles in to the fork for 'The Wall'.

[Edited on 4-8-2023 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 10:09 AM

Gonna be a ZOO!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:05 AM

Luke check your U2U, I don't want to upset the surfer gods.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 11:38 AM

Tom, if there is anything different than what I posted, please u2u me as well. :biggrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2019 at 06:09 PM

Nothing different except I gave him the GPS locations. If I had posted it here the surfers police would be knocking on my door to arrest me.
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 1-12-2019 at 01:11 PM

The white lilly capital of Baja
markjohnson736

[*] posted on 4-7-2023 at 05:15 PM

Useful info in here. Thinking of going soon. Does anyone know if a Prius could handle the Punta Rosarito road?
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2023 at 05:31 PM

If you drive it like a Mexican it'll go anywhere
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2023 at 05:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by markjohnson736  
Useful info in here. Thinking of going soon. Does anyone know if a Prius could handle the Punta Rosarito road?

What could go wrong:lol:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-7-2023 at 05:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by markjohnson736  

Yes, Prius can make it to the wall.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 4-7-2023 at 06:16 PM

visit Prius Off road....

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-8-2023 at 07:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tomas Tierra  
The white lilly capital of Baja

Yes, as you prolly know there is a section called Wimps and Gimps. For good reason! :lol::lol::lol:
See ya soon, amigo!

surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2023 at 11:38 AM

There was an unforgettable image years/decades? ago of someones excellent construction of a driftwood horse at the Wall that showed a good use of downtime waiting for waves.

The driftwood pieces were interwoven to an extent that makes one wonder if the creator brought down a bunch of screws down with him to pass the time for his passion to keep those idle hands busy. There were no screws visible back then. It appeared whoever made this horse wove pieces of driftwood in and out.

I have to surmise that the driftwood horse has succumbed to mother nature by now, but it was a true work of art for however long it lasted.

On my way north to the border recently I was filling up at Antonio's like I always do, and there was a pickup truck and camper next to me that was headed to the Wall. I hope his time was rewarding as mine had been in the past, even with some of the coldest water temps in all of Baja all year around. The wind is always a factor and has offered downtime to construct pieces of art for all to enjoy.

That full-size!!! driftwood horse was a thing of creativity and beauty, and kudos to whoever gave their downtime for others to enjoy for as long as it lasted.

Peace to all of our Nomads unending love for Baja, and fish tacos, and so much more, has been its own reward and has been since my first time south of the border fifty years ago.

Making good use of downtime is a well learned response when we rely upon Mother Nature for her gifts, and the Wall has provided its visitors with plenty of downtime. Haha.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.