Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Los Barrilles beaches
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-16-2019 at 11:47 AM

I have a difficult time myself with anyone riding anywhere on anything other than a designated road or trail. The beach is not a designated trail. There may be designated trails above the federal zone, not on the beach. You can park there and walk down. I can see backing a kayak straight down to a designated launch area. I can say in all my years with 4x4 trucks, jeeps and ATVs, I practice environmentally protective riding to avoid damage to wildlife and the environment.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2019 at 08:34 PM

It's the same people who are currently driving off road in protected areas at Joshua Tree NP during the shutdown. They have no respect for the rules and, as long as they figure they won't get caught because there in no enforcement, then they can go ahead and do what they please. They are the reason we have so many laws in the first place.

Many go to Mexico because of the lax enforcement so they can mis-behave.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2019 at 04:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajarich  
It's the same people who are currently driving off road in protected areas at Joshua Tree NP during the shutdown. They have no respect for the rules and, as long as they figure they won't get caught because there in no enforcement, then they can go ahead and do what they please. They are the reason we have so many laws in the first place.

Many go to Mexico because of the lax enforcement so they can mis-behave.

It's not even the rules, these ding dongs are damaging the environment. It is unfortunate their parents didn't raise them better.
Gscott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 12:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

What happened to, "it's the law, it's the law?"

If somebody dares to drive into Baja, without a FMM, there is nothing but outrage on this forum!

But it somebody wants to go four-wheeling on the beach, and ends up destroying the turtles nests, it's all OK, and the laws aren't all that important, but in the event, if you're caught, a slap on the wrist, should be the only penalty, because it's only a few bad apples that are ruining it for everybody.

Funny how libs in this country pick and choose which laws to follow. Then outrage if laws aren't followed in other countries? Yes, I'm talking about immigration law and illegal sanctuary cities and pot laws.

[Edited on 1-18-2019 by Gscott]
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 05:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gscott  
Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

What happened to, "it's the law, it's the law?"

If somebody dares to drive into Baja, without a FMM, there is nothing but outrage on this forum!

But it somebody wants to go four-wheeling on the beach, and ends up destroying the turtles nests, it's all OK, and the laws aren't all that important, but in the event, if you're caught, a slap on the wrist, should be the only penalty, because it's only a few bad apples that are ruining it for everybody.

Funny how libs in this country pick and choose which laws to follow. Then outrage if laws aren't followed in other countries? Yes, I'm talking about immigration law and illegal sanctuary cities and pot laws.

[Edited on 1-18-2019 by Gscott]

That good ol double standard.

Making America Great Again
BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 06:53 AM

Bottom line is, it is illegal to ride on the beach, in the Federal Zone in most of Baja. There is a reason for that law. It is annoying to everyone not on an ATV and it is damaging to the environment.
SunDevil
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 07:08 AM

Baja is a refuge from control freaks that want to outlaw everything they find annoying.

Those that truly care about damaging the environment should do what they can to reduce their own footprint first. Stay in a tent instead of a hotel built on top of a lot of dead plants and animals.
mxracer50

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 07:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Bottom line is, it is illegal to ride on the beach, in the Federal Zone in most of Baja. There is a reason for that law. It is annoying to everyone not on an ATV and it is damaging to the environment.

Yes, the sand is very damaged by ATVs on the beach trail. It's equally annoying when people build houses here and all of a sudden want activities stopped that have been going on forever. I'm sure you hate the desert racing too.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 08:42 AM

Again my take here is that the two countries approach the law in two different ways. In the US the law is considered absolute and incontrovertible. Put a foot wrong and get spanked. In Mexico, laws are enforced selectively. For sure sometimes it has to do with money. (Exactly like the US) And sometimes it has to do with practicality. You will rarely see the police pulling over a plateless P/U with flapping fenders and no taillights - why? - what good would it do? The poor bast*** is most likely on his way to work, has little money and would be devastated buy the loss of his "tool - car". Laws are enforced here when complaints start coming in, the scofflaws are abusive, rich/poor gringos are involved or it impacts rich Mexicans. Personally I prefer the Mexican flexibility. I understand that drives some of you crazy but it's the system so deal with it. Maintain a low profile and observe.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 08:45 AM

No wonder people are putting up fences to keep you out of the beaches and remote back country of Baja. Most people are jerks that trample other peoples lands. Most people are jerks that think rules dont apply to them. Most people are jerks that will violate the rules if they know there is no penalty. You all deserve to be fenced out!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 09:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
There is a big difference between using a beach as an unpaved road, and using it as a playground. Speed, noise and making a lot of new tracks on a commonly used beach is out of place!

Just wondering how that plays out with people who were born and have lived on that " newly acquired " gringo beach all their lives. And we are here now again telling them how to live. Probably not so well. Just ask MR. Bill of Ventana Bay Resort how that has worked for his new face structure.

Case in point, again. It is not our place, as visitors to this country, to tell them "Mexican nationals" how to live. It is just one more reason for them to despise us as they do, but don't say it to our faces as we
"foreigners" do give Baja residents their income for the most part depending on where you are. If you are in a gringo community you do support them... just be wise which battle you want to wage with them.

Bottom line: Respect where you live in the best way possible

What a condensing post towards Mexicans, which tries to save itself by saying respect where you live.

Although, I'm sure there are some Mexicans nationals who despise Americans, just like for sure there are some Americans who despise Mexicans, but don't say it to their faces.

The fact is one size do not fit all. That's just negativity stereotyping.

And although tourism is important for all countries including Mexico, American foreigners do not support Mexicans directly.

charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 10:06 AM

"And although tourism is important for all countries including Mexico, American foreigners do not support Mexicans directly."

Wow, I had no idea. I wonder who that was that I gave money to to clean my house yesterday? I think she lives here and uses the cash for her food that she buys at the local store that is owned by ,I think a Mexican family....Or the big municipal building I went and gave money to to reregister my cars last week, or the fishing capitans I hire for guests to go out and sport fish.

WTF. That is the stupidest comment I have ever seen and there are a lot of them here.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 10:11 AM
Condensing Mexicans ?

???

Says Joe:

" What a condensing post towards Mexicans ......... The fact is one size do [sic] not fit all.........."

While it is evident that many of those overweight could use some condensing, what does that have to do with vehicles and the beaches ?

Spell-Check does have its limitations, doesn't it ?

Malapropisms just aren't software-correctable.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 10:45 AM

"And although tourism is important for all countries including Mexico, American foreigners do not support Mexicans directly."

Wow, I had no idea. I wonder who that was that I gave money to to clean my house yesterday? I think she lives here and uses the cash for her food that she buys at the local store that is owned by ,I think a Mexican family....Or the big municipal building I went and gave money to to reregister my cars last week, or the fishing capitans I hire for guests to go out and sport fish.

WTF. That is the stupidest comment I have ever seen and there are a lot of them here.

Sorry, Charlie, I didn't know you were God's gift to Mexico.

I'm sure you are not one of the Americans, that Mexicans, despise with your attitude towards Mexicans, that they should be beholden to you because you put butter on their bread/ tortillas.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Again my take here is that the two countries approach the law in two different ways. In the US the law is considered absolute and incontrovertible. Put a foot wrong and get spanked. In Mexico, laws are enforced selectively. For sure sometimes it has to do with money. (Exactly like the US) And sometimes it has to do with practicality. You will rarely see the police pulling over a plateless P/U with flapping fenders and no taillights - why? - what good would it do? The poor bast*** is most likely on his way to work, has little money and would be devastated buy the loss of his "tool - car". Laws are enforced here when complaints start coming in, the scofflaws are abusive, rich/poor gringos are involved or it impacts rich Mexicans. Personally I prefer the Mexican flexibility. I understand that drives some of you crazy but it's the system so deal with it. Maintain a low profile and observe.

Weebray, I see you never lived in the hood in the US, because cops in the US pull over minorities all the just for driving while being black or brown, and it there is flapping fenders, it's called probably cause or reasonable suspicion. It's nothing but a shake down looking for drugs. Cops in the US usually do not take bribes, but they get off busting people, and it helps get them promoted, and helps get new toys for the department.

Laws in the US are pretty much the same as in Mexico, and are not absolute and incontrovertible. In the US, you have the justice system for the rich, and then you have the justice system for the poor, and if you happen to be a person of color, you get locked up in prison, while whites usually walk away without doing jail time.

If anything in Mexico, there are a lot of laws that are decriminalized, not on the books, or not enforced, and American ex-pats, have a hard time understand that.

Now if you're talking flapping fenders and no taillights regarding Mexican cops, I don't see the comparison of noise and environmental polluters on ATVs running up and down the beach, that nobody seems to like.

Both Mexican and US cops, both tend to enforce laws when complaints come rolling in, especially if the complaints are coming in from business or deep pocket individuals, be in hookers and junkies on corners, or ATVs running wild on the beach.

Lets hope Mexico gets the ATV riders off the beach.

charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 11:51 AM

"Sorry, Charlie, I didn't know you were God's gift to Mexico.

I'm sure you are not one of the Americans, that Mexicans, despise with your attitude towards Mexicans, that they should be beholden to you because you put butter on their bread/ tortillas. "

Dude, I am married to a Mexican. I see first hand their attitudes toward us. It isn't very becoming either sorry to say. And we, trying to change their culture doesn't help much either. You still do not support your statement that foreigners do not support Mexican economies. Dumb A..
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 01:28 PM

Well I'm Mexican, actually Mexican-American, although I have been acccused of hating all white people before, usually people have to earn my disrespect, and I think it's the same way for most Mexican Nationals, although some ugly Americans in Mexico do set a bad example.

Just because some Americans may be married to a Mexican women, have a Mexican woman GF, or just like to have fun with Mexican women, does not give them a pass that they can't be bigoted, or even hateful towards Mexican women.

Some of the biggest racists I have known have been both banned from this site or post in the OT , and they have been married to Latina women.

Everybody has to stand on their own merits and do not get a pass just because of who they know as friends, marriage partners, or people they work with.

"Sorry, Charlie, I didn't know you were God's gift to Mexico.

I'm sure you are not one of the Americans, that Mexicans, despise with your attitude towards Mexicans, that they should be beholden to you because you put butter on their bread/ tortillas. "

Dude, I am married to a Mexican. I see first hand their attitudes toward us. It isn't very becoming either sorry to say. And we, trying to change their culture doesn't help much either. You still do not support your statement that foreigners do not support Mexican economies. Dumb A..

weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 05:52 PM

Interesting comments, wrong, but interesting. You are entitled to your uninformed opinion..... Some of you guys should change your handle to "To Do". Apparently, you have nothing "to do" but sit around at the computer like a blind ham and wait for something to pounce on. I take that back, if you changed your name I wouldn't know who to ignore. Peace

[Edited on 1-19-2019 by weebray]

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2019 at 06:33 PM

like a blind ham and wait for something to pounce on.

I've never heard this simile, can you explain? I love a good metaphor or simile! Never know when they'll come in handy.

John
weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2019 at 07:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
like a blind ham and wait for something to pounce on.

I've never heard this simile, can you explain? I love a good metaphor or simile! Never know when they'll come in handy.

John

I apologice in advance for the insensitivity but "ham" operators tend to be a bit myopic and spend their time searching tha airwaves in desperaton for a conversation to jump in to.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.