Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Unique San Ignacio Property for Sale
ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 09:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Your pics remind me of a question I had about that river, is that reed along the river bank Arundo? If Arundo (an invasive species), it would be cool if the community banded together to remove it and open up the shoreline.

Yes, it is Arundo donax, or what the locals call carrizo. It's a non-native reed that is a huge problem in California and Baja too - one of the fastest growing plants around. There is a native reed that still grows in small areas here, but it just can't compete. The carrizo is definitely choking the arroyo. There have been a few attempts to mow it down over the years, they even had a barge/crane contraption years ago, but nothing seems to work. The plant can propagate vegetatively in soil and on river banks and traps sediment along the banks, then breaks off and floats downstream during high flows and floods and re-establishes. Completely dominates the shoreline and chokes out all other plants - a real bad actor!
Here's some photos of what we have done over the years - lots of manual labor with machetes, weedwhackers and hoes to chop it back, then black plastic tarping covered with sand (caliche) to keep the sunlight out to prevent revegetation. You can Google Arundo eradication if you want to see what kind of pervasive problem this is.

ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 09:10 PM

Here's a few pictures of one one of the grapevines in the Fall. I'm pretty sure it's a Mission era vine - this region used to produce some good wine back in the old days. This particular vine is rooted right along the stone acequia, so it has had a constant water source all these years.

ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 09:14 PM

And you gotta love when the mangoes are in season!

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 10:22 PM

You're killing me ElCap! :P
I wish I could buy your place... dead in the center of Baja and next to the mission on my book's cover!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-8-2019 at 06:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Thanks for the information, so to "own it" would someone need a Mexican citizen to partner with? This property has so many possibilities/uses that I can't imagine it will last long, SI is such a cool little town. Love the history connected to the property as well.

You do not need a Mexican partner to form a corporation - but you need a 2nd person.
For anything larger than 1/2 acre a Mexican corporation is the easiest way to become a property owner.
For up to 2,000 sq meters (just shy f 1/2 acre) a Fideicomiso will do.

Harald Pietschmann
ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 10:29 PM

San Ignacio is known throughout Baja for it's dates - and there are about 300 date palms on the property. We have harvested in some years, and have also allowed some local residents to harvest our dates. It's hard work climbing the trees, and quite a process in drying the dates.

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 12:27 AM

Very cool! Dates are fun as they are like eating brown sugar!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 06:06 PM

I was there 2 weeks ago. Looked for your gate, never found it. The whole area looks great and I had a great time.
My friends place had about 3 feet of water the last time.
Your place looks like it would be fine.
Good luck with a sale.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 06:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  
I was there 2 weeks ago. Looked for your gate, never found it. The whole area looks great and I had a great time.
Good luck with a sale.

27°17'41.91"N, 112°53'52.72"W

Harald Pietschmann
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 08:05 PM

not only is it a beautiful property but El Cap is a stand up guy...you couldnt ask for a more honest and straight up good fellow so things probably wont go sideways!

It is probably easier and about the same price just to dissolve his corporation and form a new one with your own beneficiaries, partner and list what may be the business you want to perform as changing names etc on a corporation are very costly....might save a few bucks changing the original one paperwork.
Like a fideicomoso there are yearly fees associated with the accounting for the corporation.

It would be a cool place for a market garden type operation, wine making etc...tourist camp...nudist camp....hahahaha

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 08:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
Good luck with a sale.

27°17'41.91"N, 112°53'52.72"W

I did not try very hard.
I was more interested in my friends place, next time.
Anybody interested in a 50/50 partnership?
ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 09:24 PM

Good luck with a sale.

As you drive into San Ignacio from Mex 1, it is the very first dirt road to the left that you can turn on once you cross the river (or presa, as the locals call it). There is a large blue sign hanging from a tree which says San Juan, San Vicente, and El Atajo - which are the three properties along this road. El Atajo (our property) is at the end of this dirt road. If you want to check out the property contact me by U2U and I'll arrange someone to meet you. Please don't enter unannounced as you drive through other folks properties. Gracias.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.