BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Rancho Grande at Gonzaga Bay TRIPLES leases!!
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 05:58 PM

And then there's the Century 21 real estate signs every quarter mile.

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 06:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Don't invest in more than you can walk away from. Why invest at all if the odds are against you?

This is great advice. Advice that my dad told me years ago. I guess this applies to me. I have an investment in Mexico and in my opinion, it is worth it. Our Baja pad has brought my family and friends so much happiness and enjoyment over the years that the financial risk is worth it. It's a risk, but I can't imagine life without our special place in Baja. Nobody gets outta here alive, and you can't take it with you!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 07:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  

Don't invest in more than you can walk away from. Why invest at all if the odds are against you?

This is great advice. Advice that my dad told me years ago. I guess this applies to me. I have an investment in Mexico and in my opinion, it is worth it. Our Baja pad has brought my family and friends so much happiness and enjoyment over the years that the financial risk is worth it. It's a risk, but I can't imagine life without our special place in Baja. Nobody gets outta here alive, and you can't take it with you!

A F'ing Men!

Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 07:40 PM

We had a "hand shake" agreement with a small free range cattle rancher for 11 yrs. Little money changed hands, I would bring him tool kits, Levis, trash pump, etc when he needed things. In return we parked our Airstream next to his casa, our old Bronco, a small metal shed, our 15 ft Gregor. His wife would ask us whether or not we wanted flour or corn tortillas. I gave them fish as we caught them. When we came down he would pick us up at the airstrip and we would pull our trailer down the adjoining arroyo and park on the beach. We got water from his well, slightly saline.

After 11 years he got kicked off his property due to a lawsuit brought by a rich MEXICAN attorney disputing the ownership of this 5 +/- acre ranchito that my friend lived on for over 50 yrs! He lost in court and he left and we were forced to move as well.

This family was our family, we remained close friends despite no longer sharing a piece of property. It isn't just gringos that can get hosed in Mexico.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 01:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Floatflyer  
We had a "hand shake" agreement with a small free range cattle rancher for 11 yrs. Little money changed hands, I would bring him tool kits, Levis, trash pump, etc when he needed things. In return we parked our Airstream next to his casa, our old Bronco, a small metal shed, our 15 ft Gregor. His wife would ask us whether or not we wanted flour or corn tortillas. I gave them fish as we caught them. When we came down he would pick us up at the airstrip and we would pull our trailer down the adjoining arroyo and park on the beach. We got water from his well, slightly saline.

After 11 years he got kicked off his property due to a lawsuit brought by a rich MEXICAN attorney disputing the ownership of this 5 +/- acre ranchito that my friend lived on for over 50 yrs! He lost in court and he left and we were forced to move as well.

This family was our family, we remained close friends despite no longer sharing a piece of property. It isn't just gringos that can get hosed in Mexico.

That's a great great story! Where was this?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 01:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  

Rancho Grande residents at Gonzaga Bay knew happiness once. Probably crying in their beer about now.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 07:07 AM

"It is Better to Have Loved and Lost Than Never to Have Loved at All"

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 07:42 AM

This is a sad story (not great) and unfortunately has happened to far to many people.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 08:00 AM

i know of several cases of local ranchers who have squatted multi-generationaly being booted off the family rancho.
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 08:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
"It is Better to Have Leased and Lost Than Never to Have Leased at All"

You had one job paco!

I think that at one time, leases down here were a good deal where you could find many years of happiness, now not so much. Things seem to be changing.

I think at one time marriage was a good deal where you could find many years of happiness...
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 08:15 AM

I assume the lease is $6,000 dollars? Per year? Not clear.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
I assume the lease is $6,000 dollars? Per year? Not clear.

I doubt anyone would be squawking over a 200.00/year increase.

Someone wants that property cleared.
SDROB
Junior Nomad

Mood: BajaOnTheBrain

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 09:02 AM

Are these the houses next to Alfonsinas or are these Palapas past them closer to Punta Final? I can't imagine paying 2 grand a year for palapas let alone 6 grand? Doesn't sound right to me? As someone stated it sounds like they want the area clear
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 09:47 AM

The annual lease was $2000...for the dirt...when they went to pay the lease...they were told"oh sorry, its now $6000!!!" This is to folks that have been long term customers...some 6 years some, 16 years..some with minimal invest some with more...the point is...basic manners and customer service and compassion would have been...hey, we're gonna make some changes, we need you guys out by ..... not like this...they also covered the entire "seawall" from one end to the other with a huge manmade berm of sand....and the market...the market is empty of all food...only beverages and now has a TEN ft high chainlink fence, topped with concertina wire and 20ft high light towers!!! Sad ending to what was a very warm and welcoming gateway to paradise....fond memories and great freindships will survive!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 09:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by dizzyspots  
The annual lease was $2000...for the dirt...when they went to pay the lease...they were told"oh sorry, its now $6000!!!" This is to folks that have been long term customers...some 6 years some, 16 years..some with minimal invest some with more...the point is...basic manners and customer service and compassion would have been...hey, we're gonna make some changes, we need you guys out by ..... not like this...they also covered the entire "seawall" from one end to the other with a huge manmade berm of sand....and the market...the market is empty of all food...only beverages and now has a TEN ft high chainlink fence, topped with concertina wire and 20ft high light towers!!! Sad ending to what was a very warm and welcoming gateway to paradise....fond memories and great freindships will survive!

:O.....could it be it was all sold?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 10:04 AM
What the MARKET will Bear

While the Rancho Grande example may be an especially sharp one, it's not unusual and shouldn't be unexpected. The stark appreciation in value for limited beachfront resources was seen in the San Felipe area long ago. 50 years back when a paved highway the length of Baja became a serious reality, it was forecast that it would result in what we are now seeing.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 10:25 AM

San Felipe and points South had it's heyday many years ago.

It was once a paradise at a reasonable price but sadly now with the fish gone and the old timers dead or priced out it is but a shadow of the great place it was...........

But IF you go there now, for the first time, you have no gauge to go by and therefor might think it is wonderful....

It's all a matter of perception, isn't it ?

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 12:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

i know of several cases of local ranchers who have squatted multi-generationaly being booted off the family rancho.

There are probably just as many that had legitimate rights, but were booted because they couldn't match what the other party paid the judge, through the attorney.
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 03:21 PM

the land lease, a temporary way to enjoy a great place --
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 06:16 PM

Sounding a lot like some old "ejido tales" that I have heard

Can we hum a few bars of "Punta Banda Ejido, here we come"
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.