BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Rancho Grande at Gonzaga Bay TRIPLES leases!!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 06:22 AM

And down on Concepcion bay, a few years back, the land owner just burned people out. After 30+ years living in Mexico, I think the slogan on land ownership should be "Pay me now or pay me later" BUT you WILL pay a lot in the end....

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 07:03 AM

It's a harsh cruel world out there, so's ya's better grab at every bit of enjoyment ya can, while it's still around.....................

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 07:29 AM

THAT is the PLAN

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 07:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Don't invest in more than you can walk away from. Why invest at all if the odds are against you?

This is great advice. Advice that my dad told me years ago. I guess this applies to me. I have an investment in Mexico and in my opinion, it is worth it. Our Baja pad has brought my family and friends so much happiness and enjoyment over the years that the financial risk is worth it. It's a risk, but I can't imagine life without our special place in Baja. Nobody gets outta here alive, and you can't take it with you!

A F'ing Men!

Ditto.

My parents bought a shack on a cliff overlooking a beach in 1960 for $1,200.00 and it came with a 99 year lease. In the last 5+ decades it has brought so much joy to family and friends that it is immeasurable. Recent years things have gotten less stable as far as land titles and the rest. At one time we thought the house would be lost to the ocean. Now it looks like it will more likely be lost to greed-aka-landowner wants to make millions. I have been saving money for years to buy one of the first new lots in the front row when the campo gets bulldozed and paved over. :saint:
Have fun while you can.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 01:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  

My parents bought a shack on a cliff overlooking a beach in 1960 for $1,200.00 and it came with a 99 year lease. In the last 5+ decades it has brought so much joy to family and friends that it is immeasurable. Recent years things have gotten less stable as far as land titles and the rest. At one time we thought the house would be lost to the ocean. Now it looks like it will more likely be lost to greed-aka-landowner wants to make millions. I have been saving money for years to buy one of the first new lots in the front row when the campo gets bulldozed and paved over. :saint:
Have fun while you can.

Doesn't read like your parents had title which means they didn't own the land. 99 year lease? Wasn't a lease. (Besides which this ''lease'' wouldn't hold up in Court if challenged.)

You lucked out. Make a fortune or lose you shirt in MX real estate.

So, legitimate landowners recognize appreciation down here and that makes them greedy? Myopic POV.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 03:12 PM

Buy someone’s dream, don’t build your own and only spend what you can walk away from. It comes down to how much you can walk away from I guess.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 01:34 PM

Have fun while you can.

Doesn't read like your parents had title which means they didn't own the land. 99 year lease? Wasn't a lease. (Besides which this ''lease'' wouldn't hold up in Court if challenged.)

So, legitimate landowners recognize appreciation down here and that makes them greedy? Myopic POV.

Not greedy, smart. I don't really blame anyone with legitimate rights for doing whatever they damn well please with what they own. If I were in their shoes I would likely do the same.

I doubt I have met anyone luckier then us, really. We have made a 'fortune' because have 50+ years of joy and memories.

In 1960 a 99 year lease was the norm. No one knew different and who was to argue. My parents recognized that it was a bargain at any price, embraced the view of 'don't' spend more then you can afford to walk away from' and never thought the good times would last this long. My folks are gone now but they have left a legacy of their own with four generations of family enjoying the place.

Technically no one has title to the land our casa is own. Its federal property and for the last 35 years we pay our 'lease' at the federal office. Last year it was $282.00. My family would gladly pay 10-20-30 times that if we had too. Everybody's situation is different. We could drive up to the gate tomorrow and they could be a sign saying no trespassing SOLD and there wont be a damn thing we can do so we don't really worry about it. Nothing lasts forever so enjoy it while you can.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 07:07 PM

Have fun while you can.

Not greedy, smart. I don't really blame anyone with legitimate rights for doing whatever they damn well please with what they own. If I were in their shoes I would likely do the same.

I doubt I have met anyone luckier then us, really. We have made a 'fortune' because have 50+ years of joy and memories.

In 1960 a 99 year lease was the norm. No one knew different and who was to argue. My parents recognized that it was a bargain at any price, embraced the view of 'don't' spend more then you can afford to walk away from' and never thought the good times would last this long. My folks are gone now but they have left a legacy of their own with four generations of family enjoying the place.

Technically no one has title to the land our casa is own. Its federal property and for the last 35 years we pay our 'lease' at the federal office. Last year it was $282.00. My family would gladly pay 10-20-30 times that if we had too. Everybody's situation is different. We could drive up to the gate tomorrow and they could be a sign saying no trespassing SOLD and there wont be a damn thing we can do so we don't really worry about it. Nothing lasts forever so enjoy it while you can.

Hell yeah brother!

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 07:18 PM
Great attitude Matt

You are so right.
And it ain't right, but that's the way it is sometimes

Your family has had a million dollar return on the investment
Hoping it continues for you, but hey

"It's Baja"
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Have fun while you can.

Hell yeah brother!

Not just Mexico, I have a USFS lease that went from $500 a year to almost $1800 about three years ago. No they are not 99 years leases like many think, those were mostly for grazing land. Even $1800 is a good deal for a cabin in the heart of the sierras! The private cabin just below mine comes in at near $1M and I have a better view... It is what it is, just enjoy it....
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.