Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Single track near Catavina
satmike
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 12:37 PM

Are you the Rich that rode through San Carlos a few years ago and did the RR on Advrider," Baja on little pigs?

[Edited on 1-22-2019 by satmike]
rich t
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 07:15 PM

Satmike, I have no idea what you are talking about. We were planning on checking out San Carlos this FEB. Is there any place there to get gas, eat, etc,
satmike
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 09:30 PM

Not much out here this time of year. Solosports is closed with only a caretaker there with no services. You can camp here, but the only amenity is an outhouse. No water. Maybe gas at the fishcamp, but lobster season ends Feb 15th and it will turn into a ghost town for a while.
We are camped down the beach a little bit, but can't offer much as I don't drive to town much and I have a moto to feed. Stop by and say hi if you come through, we're not hard to find
rich t
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 07:27 PM

Satmike. There are 4 of us from San Felipe that are doing the Mission Impossible with Ken Cooke in Feb. I am not sure of what date he is heading
back, it sounds like the Mission Santa Maria trail has alot of water so he is going back thru San Felipe. We may be heading to San Carlos around the
22nd of Feb. I have a track that drops in from the mountain east of San Carlos. not sure if it is a single track or two track, we are doing a 6 day Moto
ride in March and wanted to see what was there, how do we find you when
we get there? We will be in Jeeps on this trip.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 07:55 PM

Rich, when in March are you guys doing your trip? We start ours the first Saturday in March from Tecate, headed down the Pacific to Cals the first night...
satmike
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 09:26 AM

White Dodge and Fun Runner trailer only a couple hundred yards from Solosports. Can't miss us. Trail off the San Carlos mesa is a singletrack mule trail from the old days.
brumsky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 11:04 PM

Satmike,

Will you be there the second week in April?

Anywhere you would recommend to get some gas in San Carlos or along the coast from El Rosario?

rich t
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2019 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Rich, when in March are you guys doing your trip? We start ours the first Saturday in March from Tecate, headed down the Pacific to Cals the first night...

We are starting on March 16th, We have 3 different possible staring points, will have it figured out by Feb, 25th.
satmike
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2019 at 07:57 PM

Brumsky
I won't be here, I have to be back to work by the 1st of April.
There's a couple of fish camps along the coast and a fish camp here, but I would'nt count on gas. It sucks to carry but the 5 quart oil jugs work good to carry gas. then pour it in as soon as you can. Better than the alternative.
Solosports the windsurf/ kite outfitter will be opening about then, but they won't have gas

[Edited on 1-26-2019 by satmike]
brumsky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2019 at 11:57 PM

That's good info. Thanks Satmike.

Sorry you have to head back to work. Happens to the best of us :)
brumsky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 08:42 PM

Have some disturbing news. A friend and his son was following the main track from El Rosario to Catavina. He missed the workaround for the locked gate heading NE from the mudhills towards the Cactus trail. An older rancher let them through the gate. But then part way through the trail a couple younger ranchers stopped them and demanded his son give them the go pro on his helmet. Guess they were being pretty aggressive. They turned around and got out of there and were ok. Just wanted to post and tell people to steer clear of that ranch.
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 4-3-2019 at 04:51 AM

Wow. Maybe something going on back there they didn't want on camera.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2019 at 08:17 AM

We rode the route that Brumsky posted on page two a few weeks ago. It is shorter and will avoid the gate/ranch where the others ran into problems. It was a much funner route than the dirt two track down the coast. See my current ride report for picture of the area.
brumsky
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2019 at 10:10 AM

Does anyone have a single track trail they would recommend heading west out of Catavina towards the Cactus trail? I have routes for the Dead Cow Canyon, but that looks really hard and we have a ton of miles to get done that day. I saw an older post mentioning a 'fast, flowy' single track, in that area, just not sure where it is.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.