Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Playoffs
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 06:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
The Rams were given that game but we still saw two good ones.

One good result is this makes the Chargers move further to the back of the bus in LA. Couldn't happen to a nicer family than the Spanos', and I'm a lifelong Raider fan! We have enough drama of our own with Chuckie.

John
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 06:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
The Rams were given that game but we still saw two good ones.

One good result is this makes the Chargers move further to the back of the bus in LA. Couldn't happen to a nicer family than the Spanos', and I'm a lifelong Raider fan! We have enough drama of our own with Chuckie.

John

Agreed. That KC/NE game was a good one, could of gone either way.

Making America Great Again
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 07:28 AM

Two blown calls, IMO, in favor of the Patriots would likely have put more points on the board for Chiefs (Edelman did not touch the ball - that was picked up and run in for a Chiefs TD; and the so-called catch
where Pats receiver didn't have control as he caught near the ground, ball was coming out, then, with ground supporting the ball, he clutches it, and that's called a catch). Refs' corruption would make a good John Grisham novel. Can't tell me that Saints no-call didn't have money on the line somewhere. The most ridiculous plays are sometimes discussed among ALL the refs to decide or correct a call - but not that one. Why?
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 07:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Two blown calls, IMO, in favor of the Patriots would likely have put more points on the board for Chiefs (Edelman did not touch the ball - that was picked up and run in for a Chiefs TD; and the so-called catch
where Pats receiver didn't have control as he caught near the ground, ball was coming out, then, with ground supporting the ball, he clutches it, and that's called a catch). Refs' corruption would make a good John Grisham novel. Can't tell me that Saints no-call didn't have money on the line somewhere. The most ridiculous plays are sometimes discussed among ALL the refs to decide or correct a call - but not that one. Why?

My picks were KC and NO. Both of those games could of definitely went the other way.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 10:31 AM
The Super Stupor

It's just a game, right ?

There's no conspiracy.

BTW, watching the various replays on the news later, it "appears" that the Patriot "might" not have touched the ball with his hands, BUT the ball seems to have clearly touched his arm given its slight deflection. Does that still count under the rules ?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 10:58 AM

The silver lining to the NE victory? We may get to see The Brady Bunch lose TWO STRAIGHT Super Bowls.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 11:01 AM
You Bet ?

I haven't seen any statistics regarding how often (percentage-wise) the favorite wins in the NFL.

BUT, back in younger days when I was a devoted Thoroughbred Horse racing devotee, it was noted that favorites won less than 60 percent of the time at any given meet. Which made them a losing bet given the odds.

And that is in a sport where one can come as close to analyzing the likely winner as possible.

The variables involved in ANY competition make it (sports gambling) mostly a matter of luck.

AND, lying to anyone who will listen regarding your won-lost record.

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 11:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
The silver lining to the NE victory? We may get to see The Brady Bunch lose TWO STRAIGHT Super Bowls.

Yup and as we all know, Brady does not take losing very well.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 11:08 AM

shame games like these are decided by a coin toss....how about the nfl take a look at these OT rules!:(
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 11:24 AM

Another thing I wish the NFL would look at is the playoff officiating (or lack thereof). Refs work all season as cohesive teams, but for all playoff games are broken up and individually assigned to games by personal merit. Hence any cohesion is lost, sorta like the Pro Bowl putting rivals in a stew pot and expecting them to work well together. The Pro Bowl is fine for simple entertainment, but going to The Big Show is not in the mix like that LAR and NO game was. The officiating throughout the entire game SUCKED horribly. They need to have Ref team UNITS as a whole work the playoff games.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 11:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Another thing I wish the NFL would look at is the playoff officiating (or lack thereof). Refs work all season as cohesive teams, but for all playoff games are broken up and individually assigned to games by personal merit. Hence any cohesion is lost, sorta like the Pro Bowl putting rivals in a stew pot and expecting them to work well together. The Pro Bowl is fine for simple entertainment, but going to The Big Show is not in the mix like that LAR and NO game was. The officiating throughout the entire game SUCKED horribly. They need to have Ref team UNITS as a whole work the playoff games.

xlnt point.........

and on a POSITIVE note, how great is Tony in the booth!:yes: and yes, he'll be there in Atlanta
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 11:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

xlnt point.........

and on a POSITIVE note, how great is Tony in the booth!:yes: and yes, he'll be there in Atlanta

Agreed!

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 12:18 PM

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 01:26 PM

GO RAMS! :cool::saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 06:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
GO RAMS! :cool::saint:

Matt
For a nice guy you sure have bad taste in teams:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Last time you and I went round and round it was over the despicable Dodgers....
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2019 at 06:52 PM
Fan Antics

It's always a hoot to view Fans who take their team partisanship seriously.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 06:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Possibly but as much as I dislike the Pats I've learned to never count them out.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 08:13 AM

ROOT with your heart....... but BET with your WALLET. :smug:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 11:33 AM

The ref counted the Saints out. Why does a pair of eyes, or many more on the field, miss that call? Speculation is rampant now, as disgruntled fans try to sue the League to make them play the last minute and a half, back again on the field! But football is like anything in life, you never know how straightforward any thing is. Or if it is.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by daveB  
The ref counted the Saints out. Why does a pair of eyes, or many more on the field, miss that call? Speculation is rampant now, as disgruntled fans try to sue the League to make them play the last minute and a half, back again on the field! But football is like anything in life, you never know how straightforward any thing is. Or if it is.

Agreed. Some of those calls most likely cost the Saints a trip to the big dance.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.