Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: San Isidro to Mulege trail
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 04:45 PM

Does any one have a GPX or KML file they would like to share?

Hey MulegeAl, we have a place in Punta Chivato and I have it loaded up with toys at this point. I've got a KTM 450 XC-W and a KTM 400 XC-W. I would love to join you on a moto run sometime. I'm a little worried about how our skill sets line up. I have been on both sides of that before. Folks that can't ride as good as they say and folks that expect too much from a rider they aren't familiar with. I would hate to get in over my head way out and have things go wrong.
I would be available around the time frame you are looking at. I have a Can-Am side by side that is pretty capable. 32" tires, lockers, front and rear. Maybe do a bike and side by side run?

Mavricko (1).jpg - 91kB

I like beer, better than most people.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 05:37 PM
Tacoma in Baja: Mulegé to San Isidro and west.

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
Craig, from the outset while watching the video I didn't think it was the same trail. They had lush vegetation through much of their drive - we did an early springtime drive and it was fifty shades of brown. But it WAS the trail as we recognized a number of sights along the way.

John

Here is that video: https://vimeo.com/146502907

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 05:40 PM

Here you go Doug.

Attachment: Rt Mulege to San Isidro.kmz (15kB)
This file has been downloaded 322 times

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 08:43 AM

DougP,
Hey small world, we just did a 70 mile loop through your 'hood a couple days ago, bombing most of the good sandy 2-track behind P Chivato. We have done the big loop out to Mission Guadelupe/San Jose de M twice this month.

I totally get what your saying about expectations, been through that myself. I say lets hook up for an out and back day ride and have some fun before we tie the knot on a long tuff loop. Could go play tomorrow the 25th, we got plans after that for a while.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 09:22 AM

I feel really fortunate that Kathy and I were able to drive the San Isidro/Mulege route in our Explorer 6 years ago. At that time it was rough but no problems. The scenery back there is great.

Al, in November I drove the Mulege/Guadalupe loop. Really happy to have it open again, been one of my favorites for many years.
DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 09:41 AM

Oh man, that loop sounds like fun. We are brand new to the area still. Bought the place early last year and have been slowly getting things set up. Steve (Meany on here) and Shannon"s place. Life has been getting in the way a lot though.
Won't be able to get together tomorrow, we are still in Idaho until Sunday. Flying in Sunday evening with a couple CV axles for my Toyota. Guess I shouldn't be jumping this thing, LOL.

Let's look at something that following week (1/28-1/31), maybe. Driving down to Cabo the week after that, but wide open after that.

Looking forward to hitting some trails with you.

0107191110-HDR.jpg - 65kB 0107191111.jpg - 73kB 0108191624a.jpg - 55kB

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 10:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Here you go Doug.

Thanks JZ. It loaded right up in BCN and Gaia.

MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 11:01 AM

Toyota axles in the overhead bin? Sounds like something I'd do.

No problema, I'll be around.
DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 04:00 PM

That and wheel travel limit straps and some weld on mounts should make for an interesting time in customs at the Loreto airport.

Craig B

[*] posted on 2-26-2019 at 12:40 PM

Some friends and I just did a five day ride in our utv's. The ride included the Guadalupe ruins loop and Mulege to San Isidro. So it is clear, our lead car had to move a few large rocks to get through at one point in order to get up the hill.
It was quite cold and windy but a beautiful trip.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2019 at 02:13 PM

Great news, thanks Craig.
Jinete Viejo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2019 at 11:06 PM

Craig B, just to confirm, your Mulege to San Isidro route went through Guajademi wash?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2019 at 11:46 PM

The auto road from San Isidro to Mulegé does not pass the site of Guajadimi, it goes to the northwest of it, leaving Arroyo Guajademi near Agua Grande (northbound).

A road does go to Guajademi but ends there for autos. This is a branch of El Camino Real and only mules should attempt to go from Guajademi to Mulegé on it!...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Jinete Viejo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2019 at 05:30 PM

Thanks for the clarification David K. The western fork of the green line on the map above is what I was referring to. This had been reported as being unpassable after a hurricane a couple of years ago. I wanted to confirm this is the route that Craig B had taken. Correct Craig B?
MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2019 at 04:09 PM

I'm back in M, looking for another victim, I mean, riding partner with strong riding skills, strong bike, and good self-repair/self-rescue skills to do this run on bikes.
Craig B

[*] posted on 3-2-2019 at 06:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Jinete Viejo  
Thanks for the clarification David K. The western fork of the green line on the map above is what I was referring to. This had been reported as being unpassable after a hurricane a couple of years ago. I wanted to confirm this is the route that Craig B had taken. Correct Craig B?

David is correct Jinete, we followed the route he shows.
ztrab
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2019 at 03:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MulegeAL  
I'm back in M, looking for another victim, I mean, riding partner with strong riding skills, strong bike, and good self-repair/self-rescue skills to do this run on bikes.

Nice meeting you in El Rosario. I'd be back down riding but the Mrs. wouldn't be too happy. Let me know how the trails are. Mike
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 08:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MulegeAL  
. I would love to do this run on Moto. Not scared of the hard stuff.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2019 at 08:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  

Al, in November I drove the Mulege/Guadalupe loop. Really happy to have it open again, been one of my favorites for many years.

More details, please! :light::coolup:

rich t
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2019 at 10:55 AM

Is this the route that goes thru San Juan De La Pilas heading east to Mulege?
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.