Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Good Rains for Baja Norte this weekend
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 10:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Science is the OBSERVATION and recording of events over time and not hocus pocus predictions of the future.

So, the prediction of the existence of the Higgs boson took place years ago, yet it took until recent times to confirm it. Also, the existence of gravity waves was predicted by Einstein, but only recently confirmed. Hocus pocus?

OTOH, Black holes have never been observed directly, yet science has a pretty strong base of evidence that they do exist. Do you agree?

John

[Edited on 2-4-2019 by John Harper]
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 10:29 AM

Around the block for the umpteenth time:

Rain --> local weather --> SX --> Climate Change

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 10:49 AM

Yes, John, I agree... and as I ask again, CAN anyone PLEASE post any predictions from the Global Warming (renamed Climate Change, because the globe wasn't warming) alarmists that have come true???

I agree the climate changes, but I know it is from NATURAL causes, as it has been for 4+ billion years.
Why some now think that man has become more powerful than God or Nature and can change or reverse the natural trend of climate is what I find crazy.

I am all for cleaner everything but it should be for all countries to do, not just Western Democracies or just the U.S., why does China get a pass?
Bankrupting a nation over a 'religion' and not facts is crazy. Yes, a religion, as it is based on the need to believe something that can't be proven... and that is that mankind changed a climate rather than an action of Nature.

I think the United States has done a lot more to clean up industry and transportation than anyone else with economies or populations our size. To keep punishing us with restrictions and taxing us more is an insane method to motivate one to do good, is it not?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 11:29 AM

Same here in North County San Diego... and still raining now but light rain. The heavy stuff was on Thursday and again Saturday afternoon. Thunder only on Thursday's storm arrival.

I love this (even though it kills my irrigation income) because it silences the doom and gloom voices that we are in a "dangerous global warming, man-made drought"! LOL...

Every 5-10 years, we have a heavy rain season... I still have the photos from 2010 when all the Hwy. 1 bridges were washed out (San Vicente, Colonia Guerrero, El Rosario).

The point is that it is NORMAL and NATURAL to have 5 or more dry years in a row, followed by a really wet year. The earth is in balance. We may not like it and some will try and profit from the fear they create from those with short memories.

Enjoy the rain... and remember that we will have 5 or more drought years after this year... so keep installing low-water-use plants and drip irrigation (or low-volume) MP Rotator sprinklers!

Tell all this BS to the States now having to give up Lake Mead water. You have no clue. http://mead.uslakes.info/level.asp
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 11:33 AM

Lee, no voices (yet) but instead it is 61 years of living here and seeing the obvious. Don't feel threatened by the facts and I won't be threatened by the drama. Now, you have a nice wet day (it's coming down pretty good again here near Fallbrook).

Why is it that you think you are the only one with facts,,,especially ones that are derived through age instead of study.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 12:44 PM

Oh....okay, you can't imagine it...:(

Don't believe everything you think....
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 01:33 PM

Speaking of the lake.
How are we in SoCal and Baja (norte) doing in regards to filling the reservoirs and aquafers?
Any flooding at the Baja bridges like a few years ago?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 04:16 PM

I have often wondered why the US government doesn't lay pipes east to west that would carry water from who ever has a lot to an area that doesn't. With all the flooding from the hurricanes and rain places like Mead could use some. I remember a few years ago Georgia was in a drought and out west there was lots of water. Just push it back and forth as needed. They do it with oil and gas now do it with water.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 05:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I have often wondered why the US government doesn't lay pipes east to west that would carry water from who ever has a lot to an area that doesn't. With all the flooding from the hurricanes and rain places like Mead could use some. I remember a few years ago Georgia was in a drought and out west there was lots of water. Just push it back and forth as needed. They do it with oil and gas now do it with water.

I recall it being explained pretty well in the book Cadillac Desert. It was a lot more expensive and difficult that you would realize. The amounts of water needed are almost unimaginable when put in perspective.

John
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-4-2019 at 06:05 PM

It takes a River!

Seriously, San Diego is fed using pipes... GIANT pipes to supplement the local lakes and desal plants.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 01:47 PM
IF it made Sense .................

............. It would have been Done. Or, at least, seriously considered.

Beyond the fact that it would require the political will among a host of State governments, the infrastructure costs beginning with storage facilities would be astronomical.

Extensive reservoirs, (long-distance) pipelines and pumping networks for a product with uncertain territorial availability or demand at any given time.

Given the difficulties and controversy encountered for enhancing storage and distribution within our own state that we've witnessed, it should be instantly apparent that the obstacles facing any such multi-state project would be unattainable even IF the economics made sense. And, they don't.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 02:44 PM

Is there anyway to know the actual water situation in Baja. Government, University, etc... reports on ground water, snow pack that kind of stuff.
It's soaking wet here in Newport Beach Ca.
So logic says Baja is getting wet too.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 02:50 PM

Mammoth Mountain, CA: "Heavy snowfall picked up again last night dropping another 21" at Main Lodge and over 36" at the summit bringing our current storm total to about 7-10 feet! Main Lodge is closed today due to blizzard conditions and town chain controls are now R3 which requires ALL vehicles to be chained. Snow is extremely deep, be safe and do not ride alone."

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 03:00 PM

Woohoo! My snowboarding days are over but WOW!!!!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 03:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gueribo  
We're a bit moss-covered in the Pacific NW--no wonder we crave Baja, so we can dry out. One year the rain followed us all the way to Cataviña. But it was a treat to see everything in flower.

The elephant trees are in this state here now at Asuncion. I’ve been photographing them. Those aren’t yellow flowers but yellow leaves that are about to fall off. The trees are getting prepared for the hot summer as trees lose leaves in anticipation of winter in the temperate climates.
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 03:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
Mammoth Mountain, CA: "Heavy snowfall picked up again last night dropping another 21" at Main Lodge and over 36" at the summit bringing our current storm total to about 7-10 feet! Main Lodge is closed today due to blizzard conditions and town chain controls are now R3 which requires ALL vehicles to be chained. Snow is extremely deep, be safe and do not ride alone."

Krazy Fun ,,, check this twitter site for big Mammoth mtn snow pics
https://twitter.com/i/status/1092847408612929536

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 04:22 PM

Yes, John, I agree... and as I ask again, CAN anyone PLEASE post any predictions from the Global Warming (renamed Climate Change, because the globe wasn't warming) alarmists that have come true???

I agree the climate changes, but I know it is from NATURAL causes, as it has been for 4+ billion years.
Why some now think that man has become more powerful than God or Nature and can change or reverse the natural trend of climate is what I find crazy.

I am all for cleaner everything but it should be for all countries to do, not just Western Democracies or just the U.S., why does China get a pass?
Bankrupting a nation over a 'religion' and not facts is crazy. Yes, a religion, as it is based on the need to believe something that can't be proven... and that is that mankind changed a climate rather than an action of Nature.

I think the United States has done a lot more to clean up industry and transportation than anyone else with economies or populations our size. To keep punishing us with restrictions and taxing us more is an insane method to motivate one to do good, is it not?

Well said & too sensible for most to comprehend
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 04:24 PM

Raining and crazy snow here in Central California
Our close resort, Dodge Ridge, reports 8 feet over the weekend
Chain controls at the lower city limit of Sonora.....1000' elevation.
Both Bear Valley and Kirkwood closed due to unsafe heavy avalanche conditions.
Bring it on!!
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 05:32 PM

Mammoth Mountain

joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 2-5-2019 at 07:23 PM

try eternal spring,
A ticket from TJ to eternal spring is 5,000 pesos next week and 3,000 pesos 6 weeks from now.
DAY DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TONIGHT
FEB 5
Isolated Thunderstorms
--61°
30%
NNE 3 mph 96%
WED
FEB 6
Isolated Thunderstorms
78°60°
30%
ENE 6 mph 74%
THU
FEB 7
Scattered Thunderstorms
76°59°
40%
ENE 6 mph 77%
FRI
FEB 8
Isolated Thunderstorms
76°59°
30%
ENE 6 mph 75%
SAT
FEB 9
Mostly Cloudy
76°59°
20%
ENE 6 mph 74%
SUN
FEB 10
PM Thunderstorms
76°60°
40%
ENE 6 mph 76%
MON
FEB 11
PM Thunderstorms
76°60°
40%
E 5 mph 76%
TUE
FEB 12
Mostly Cloudy
78°58°
20%
E 6 mph 73%
WED
FEB 13
Mostly Cloudy
80°59°
20%
E 6 mph 65%
THU
FEB 14
PM Thunderstorms
79°60°
40%
E 6 mph 68%
FRI
FEB 15
PM Thunderstorms
79°61°
40%
E 7 mph 70%
SAT
FEB 16
Isolated Thunderstorms
78°61°
30%
E 6 mph 73%
SUN
FEB 17
Scattered Thunderstorms
77°62°
40%
E 6 mph 76%
MON
FEB 18
Scattered Thunderstorms
76°62°
40%
E 6 mph 77%
TUE
FEB 19
Scattered Thunderstorms
75°62°
40%
E 6 mph 77%

David K is arguing the Standard oil argument from the Regan era, the lies they told Ronald and the public. Second childhood? Does not remember what he ate for breakfast, but remembers 1981 like it was this morning?

In 1907 they had electric cars that could go 125 miles on a charge and do 25 mph. Standard oil bought the paten to stop it. In 1997 Tesla said the technology was patented and could not use it.

¨A patent is a form of intellectual property. A patent gives its owner the right to exclude others from making, using, selling, and importing an invention for a limited period of time, usually twenty years. The patent rights are granted in exchange for an enabling public disclosure of the invention.¨

David feels guilt from the problems he, they, caused, so he lies to himself about the weather.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.