BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6
Author: Subject: apparently NOAA & NASA in on the conspiracy!
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 07:00 AM

Those same people that think conclusions on climate change is all made up after analysis of weather data are more than willing to jump to the conclusion there is a national emergency along the border and a great wall is needed...With no data at all to support the conclusion. Go figure.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 08:22 AM

I forget, where does NOAA and NASA get their funding from again? How many flies do you catch with honey? More.

I have to say though that I didn't read the article. I don't read anything at anytime from CNN ever. Me bad.

[Edited on 2-7-2019 by Timinator]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 08:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
I forget, where does NOAA and NASA get their funding from again? How many flies do you catch with honey? More.

I have to say though that I didn't read the article. I don't read anything at anytime from CNN ever. Me bad.

The same cynicism could be applied about the police, military, border patrol, etc. What's your point? Government agencies like funding? No chit, Sherlock.

I can post up a copy of the article from my NY Times or LA Times accounts, as well as my WSJ account if you read any of those publications. Bias against CNN is not a justification for willful ignorance.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/02/06/climate/fourt...

John

[Edited on 2-7-2019 by John Harper]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 08:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Those same people that think conclusions on climate change is all made up after analysis of weather data are more than willing to jump to the conclusion there is a national emergency along the border and a great wall is needed...With no data at all to support the conclusion. Go figure.

"Stupid is as stupid does." - Forrest Gump

John

[Edited on 2-7-2019 by John Harper]
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 08:53 AM

Anyone can google to find and post "numbers and graphs" that they are looking for. Below is a link from the Telegraph stating that the numbers that are being used by politicians and climate scientists are skewed. So, people can post all day and believe they are right. Are they? Maybe. Maybe not. Some, even some at NASA, believe that we may soon be entering a "cooling phase" due to the lessening solar activity. So, enjoy a nice warm cup of hot cocoa and stay warm..... and build that wall. ;D

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwar...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/742875/weather-...

[Edited on 2-7-2019 by drzura]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 08:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by drzura  
build that wall. ;D

Sure, as soon as we get the funds from Mexico!

John
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 09:02 AM

Yea, numbers and graphs. I watched them manipulated, massaged, deleted and fudged for 10 years to support "the" Global Warming agenda. Sorry buddy, not falling for this ever. Ever. It's about getting more money from Government, which turns around and demands more money from the private sector.

Just a reminder, it's politicians in Government. They are not, nor have they ever been, the best and brightest. They are the bottom of the barrel in almost every case. You give them your money, just keep your hand out of my pocket.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 09:04 AM

You give them your money, just keep your hand out of my pocket.

You and drzura need to get on the same page.

John
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 09:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Who does Chicken Little award go to? :lol:
wikipedia page on chicken little cited by David here!

what does wikipedia say about climate change David, perhaps you can look that up?

By the way the avian reference here is the ostrich with his head in the sand - far more accurate in this case!

[Edited on 2-7-2019 by caj13]
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 09:30 AM

Yea, numbers and graphs. I watched them manipulated, massaged, deleted and fudged for 10 years to support "the" Global Warming agenda. Sorry buddy, not falling for this ever. Ever. It's about getting more money from Government, which turns around and demands more money from the private sector.

Just a reminder, it's politicians in Government. They are not, nor have they ever been, the best and brightest. They are the bottom of the barrel in almost every case. You give them your money, just keep your hand out of my pocket.

I tend to believe climae scientists over politicians or radio repair men ( who get fired from their jobs for being incompetent, followed by them re-inventing themselves as self declared climate scientists), when it comes to climate change.
something about those 8 years of college, and millions of data points and peer review and all that stuff - just seems like it might be a bit more valid than some radio repairman or politician spouting of their personal biases without any evidence to back up thir pontifications!

[Edited on 2-7-2019 by caj13]
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 09:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I won't disagree with what is said but frankly I can't get too worked up over 2 degrees in 138 years.

"The average global temperature has risen about 2 degrees Fahrenheit, or a little over 1 degree Celsius, since the 1880s."

interesting. so you believe man made climate change is happening, but it won't cause the "predicted" consequences?
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 10:15 AM

"So, really the heart of the Green New Deal is about social justice.”

Quoted from A. O. Cortez. The new brain child of the left & the heart of why I totally distrust the politics of "Climate Science".

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 10:55 AM

It has been very amusing following this topic for months now. So far the only arguments presented by the nomad climate expert set has been the usual name calling, dissing others occupations, and any mocking or other tactic learned from their playground bullying days. Expert credentials include citing reading of the NY Times, or WA Po, and citing the opinions of others who must be experts based on their degree. The lack of personal observations and examples has been lacking. I had previously asked for our nomad climate experts opinion as to the example of why DK’s palm tree remains high and dry after all these years in the face of rising sea levels with pictorial documentation to back up the example. So far neither The NY Times or any other source used by the nomad climate experts has explained this. The usual playground responses invariably follow in lieu of an intelligent argument requiring any personal opinion that could possibly expose an obvious lack of firsthand knowledge. And so, my simple original question remains. Why no perceptible rise in sea level in respect to DK’s well documented palm tree example?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 11:00 AM
Empirical Evidence

Without taking a side:

When dealing with worldwide atmospheric phenomena, personal observation versus scientific collection of data is absolutely meaningless.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
I had previously asked for our nomad climate experts opinion as to the example of why DK’s palm tree remains high and dry after all these years in the face of rising sea levels with pictorial documentation to back up the example. So far neither The NY Times or any other source used by the nomad climate experts has explained this. The usual playground responses invariably follow in lieu of an intelligent argument requiring any personal opinion that could possibly expose an obvious lack of firsthand knowledge. And so, my simple original question remains. Why no perceptible rise in sea level in respect to DK’s well documented palm tree example?

I'm Glad you brought that up: so lets take a look at the magic palm tree photos

David, could you please provide us the exact date and time of when each of those comparative photos were taken. I hate to bring it up, but you know v- tides, all that kind of thing, would have an effect on this - no? so in order to have a valid comparison, we need to know those data so we can determine tides.

I'm sure you understand, as you recognize some unscroupulous person would take a photo at high tide, then compare it to a photo at low tide, and say it proved sea level changes!

and while we are at it, anyone have any data from that location on sand deposition, etc?
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 11:14 AM

The global warming agenda! How about the agenda of the polluters and their very deep pockets?

Answer this question.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Without taking a side:

When dealing with worldwide atmospheric phenomena, personal observation versus scientific collection of data is absolutely meaningless.

But, scientists are people and they are making observations! If you don't trust your eyes to see the world as it is and not as someone locked up in a government building or getting government money wants you to see it as, then why bother with anything you experience in life?

It is those who make predictions and not observations who often have it wrong and in the case of global warming and sea level rise, ALWAYS have it wrong.

I am not saying the climate is not changing or sea is not rising, I am just saying it is in no way happening in one lifetime. It is a NATURAL event that has happened thousands of times before man ever made fire.

Man is a part of this planet (or at least most of us are, lol) but he cannot change the climate to please himself! Man has a larger brain and can adapt or move due to a changing climate. The animals do! Be more in tune to Nature and stop trying to change it because Nature Bats Last!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 11:15 AM

And so, my simple original question remains. Why no perceptible rise in sea level in respect to DK’s well documented palm tree example?

If you even read some of the NY Times articles I've posted, you might have a bit of insight. The effects of a warming planet are not exhibited equally across the globe. A recent article I posted even referred to thermal expansion as one cause, followed by melting polar ice as another.

You can't see a black hole either, but that does not mean they don't exist.

John
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 11:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
But, scientists are people and they are making observations!

Scientists observe and MEASURE their observations. Not just anecdotal evidence.

John
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 11:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
I had previously asked for our nomad climate experts opinion as to the example of why DK’s palm tree remains high and dry after all these years in the face of rising sea levels with pictorial documentation to back up the example. So far neither The NY Times or any other source used by the nomad climate experts has explained this. The usual playground responses invariably follow in lieu of an intelligent argument requiring any personal opinion that could possibly expose an obvious lack of firsthand knowledge. And so, my simple original question remains. Why no perceptible rise in sea level in respect to DK’s well documented palm tree example?

I'm Glad you brought that up: so lets take a look at the magic palm tree photos

David, could you please provide us the exact date and time of when each of those comparative photos were taken. I hate to bring it up, but you know v- tides, all that kind of thing, would have an effect on this - no? so in order to have a valid comparison, we need to know those data so we can determine tides.

I'm sure you understand, as you recognize some unscroupulous person would take a photo at high tide, then compare it to a photo at low tide, and say it proved sea level changes!

and while we are at it, anyone have any data from that location on sand deposition, etc?

Now this is a much better example of a thoughtful, intelligent, and respectful arguement. Too bad there arent more examples like this.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.