BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: apparently NOAA & NASA in on the conspiracy!
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Deflect and spin, come on caj, I never said anything against science. Science is the study of things. If those things haven't happened, like global warming... rebranded as climate change (for effect) since the world is not warming overall... they are called predictions, not scientific fact.

None of the climate alarmists predictions have come true the past 20 years. That gives thinking people a reason to doubt the panic-stricken doomsayer's words.

4 inches... or 40, it is what it is, the Earth changes naturally. If you want to pretend you are more powerful than the sun and volcanoes, go ahead if that makes you feel special and important. I will adjust if necessary but never demand my neighbors change their lives or pay more taxes to make me feel righteous.

Bull Crap David - you attempt to discredit science in every way possible - and the reason BTW - is in your last statement here - you have to do that to continue believing the nonsensical economic conspiracy theory you continue to spew forth. No facts, no evidence, - so that's perfect for a conspiracy theory - the lack of facts and evidence supporting the theory is proof of it being correct, and the government covering it up!

and what part of the millions of data points years of study, thousands of peer reviewed papers, etc etc etc what part of that is not science David. Global climate change is happening - and you routinely admit that, but then in your next spouting deny it to be true.
David - the climate is changing - established beyond a shadow of a doubt
and its almost all anthropogenic - again, if you had done your homework and got to the point of understanding rates of Change and feedback loops - you would have a much better understanding. But Willfull Ignorance is bliss - right David! - sorry if you don't like the science - but its there - and if you don't want to believe it, that's your choice, but that doesn't change facts David!

and again you make ridiculous claims here - and every single time - when you are asked to produce sources of that information - you ALWAYS refuse to do so - why is that David? why wouldn't it be a good idea to provide "science" backing up your claims?

Your continued inability to produce ANY evidence at all backing your spoutings - while others here have presented data ranging across the last 100 years regarding climate change is telling here .
Your oft-repeated denier claims, mindlessly accepted from self declared "climate experts" who turn out to be Jr High school substitute teachers,
or geologists getting paid by Big oil, without any critical thinking, all have been repeatedly debunked here, and in many other places. The data and numbers and science are out there David - and they have a very clear message for you!

BTW - just so you know - it turns out that climate scientists and their models have been quite good at predictions, and their forecasts are turning out to be pretty much correct - sorry about that - thems the facts!
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
parawanabi said,
PuuLLLLEASE do not cite a book dear to some of us in discrediting another fellow human. Your declaration of what the 'original' language of the OT is; exposes your complete ignorance of 'scholarly' and 'peer-reviewed' current studies reveal.

Your first sentence about using the bible to discredit another human -
what a joke - whats the history of war - more people have been killed by religion that any other force on the planet - and the killers hold up their "bibles" as their justification!
In my book killing people - that might be classified as discrediting another human - but you can ignore the history all you want - that doesn't change it.

as for languages and the history, here you go, I am trusting Wikipedia on this - where do they have it wrong?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_languages

This stuffs not hard - just look it up!

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by caj13]

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by caj13]

If you're looking things up in Wiki your on the trail of fools. Your source is never acceptable in any serious scholarly circles and is not 'peer-reviewed' which in this present thread has been the argued standard where some have expressed personal opinions.
Imagine this Caj...you spend two to four hundred years in Egypt. What happens to your identity? (read about Joseph and his brother's inability to recognize them after a relatively short period of time, hint, hint). Add to that the image of the one bringing you an introduction to your God is a pure Egyptian image raised and educated in the Pharoah's house. What language do you know? A Cannonite derivative of Phonecian heritage?
What do you write? Block letters or hieroglyphic imaging?
Then you walk off into the desert and have an encounter with YHWH and angels who give you a new direction in life. What does that look like? A text that Caj holds in his hand thousands of years later and probably really can't read himself? Because if you could read Hebrew Caj you would realize that the translation to English you can read is full of misinterpretations and additions by thousands of scribes over hundreds of years before it became the versions found in Qumran (the oldest extant copies available to us today about 2000 years old).
Forget Wiki and pick up "Hidden In Plain Sight" by Kristofer Carlson just to learn about your citation on your side of the clock (AD, CE) for a start Caj and then you can speak my language.

And read about Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc... the death angels of the last century and then think about who killed more than any others.

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by paranewbi]
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 07:55 PM

First of all Parawanabi, thanks for so estutely making my point for me. we both agree the bible is full of mistranslations. I just extended that to say that then building your personal belief system on that book exclusively, well go to it, as long as you know its full of errors, ommissions, mistranslations etc etc etc.

point #2
yup - the killing of 7 million Jews had NOTHING to do with them being Jews!

I used wikipedia because some people here struggle with scholarly works - and BTW - in case you never noticed, Wikipedia does Cite it sources, but you would have to go to the cited source to see the original data, so stop inventing BS to support your contentions.

My point was and still is the current King David Bible is a mishmash of repeated translations across hundreds of years , hundreds of authors, and multiple languages. To think it is the unfailable word of God is laughable (did god direct the numerous deletions of parts of the bible across history as well?

[Edited on 11-6-2019 by caj13]
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 05:15 AM

First of all Parawanabi, thanks for so estutely making my point for me. we both agree the bible is full of mistranslations. I just extended that to say that then building your personal belief system on that book exclusively, well go to it, as long as you know its full of errors, ommissions, mistranslations etc etc etc.

point #2

I used wikipedia because some people here struggle with scholarly works - and BTW - in case you never noticed, Wikipedia does Cite it sources, but you would have to go to the cited source to see the original data, so stop inventing BS to support your contentions.

My point was and still is the current King David Bible is a mishmash of repeated translations across hundreds of years , hundreds of authors, and multiple languages. To think it is the unfailable word of God is laughable (did god direct the numerous deletions of parts of the bible across history as well?

Man up Caj...your words were that the ORIGINAL language was Hebrew. I was pointing out that as a falsehood. Your penchant to belittle others because they do not fall lockstep in with your 'beliefs' (and that's what they are...your religion that is no less laughable than another's) which will also be vulnerable to change as time goes on (just as the laughability in your judgment of the bible) is seriously mental.
It was an eye-opening event when I first came to understand the path of 'God's Word' was infected with man's hand for a myriad of self-serving purposes. I didn't falter and give up as you have. I came to seek truth in my misunderstanding and find compassion for those who deflected from 'the original'.
Now that you won't address the falsehoods of your statements...that the original language of the bible was Hebrew and that more people were killed in the name of religion than anything else...you reveal the lockstep requirements of agreement to your beliefs as your weakness.
I find freedom in the strength of admitting I learned something from engagement with others no matter how much it shocks my dearly held beliefs...you build your own prison in weakness.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 05:21 AM

point #2

In addition...your points of wiki are totally elementary. There is no 'wiki' it is a collection of submissions by individuals who have not submitted their interpretations of those citations you lean on, for peer-review.
There have been many condemnations of others (mostly DK) who disagree on threads such as this one about climate change for citing material that does not fit the standards of peer-reviewed publications.
Your leaning on wiki for your beliefs is fallible in the same vein as what others demand from those who don't share their/your religion.
You are exactly what you detest. Just be honest Caj.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 08:18 AM

Latest prediction 10 years until complete climate disaster
I saw it on TV so it must be true. The statement was challenged and the next commentator said 11 years.
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 08:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
I saw it on TV so it must be true. The statement was challenged and the next commentator said 11 years.

Well I know for a fact if it’s on the internets it has to be true.
That’s the law
You cannot legally put anything fake on the internets.

SOURCE: Me

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 08:55 AM

where and when? what channel? climate scientists? or talking heads?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 09:39 AM

The funny thing is that you are not getting is I am not disagreeing that the climate is changing or the seas are rising.

I am just laughing that you think 4" (or whatever amount) is something to panic over or that we can or should try to reverse this change. Do you really think humans are more powerful than Nature? Do you think this climate and sea change should go the way you want rather than the way Nature wants?

Good luck!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 09:55 AM

The funny thing is that you are not getting is I am not disagreeing that the climate is changing or the seas are rising.

I am just laughing that you think 4" (or whatever amount) is something to panic over or that we can or should try to reverse this change. Do you really think humans are more powerful than Nature? Do you think this climate and sea change should go the way you want rather than the way Nature wants?

Good luck!

One More time David! please -
its all about historical vrs current rates of change, and feedback loops. those 2 issues, in a nutshell are why I am concerned.

So far you have made no indication whatsoever that you even understand those concepts, let along be able to apply them to this issue (that application - that's critical thinking, but critical thinking is nonexistant if you don't have a grasp of underlying facts and information!)
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 09:56 AM
What Doo Doo do Humans DO ?

Can man overpower nature ?

Of course. To what extent is the question.

Given that we've seen the results of mankind's efforts on both creating and curing Air, Land and Water pollution the world over, it would be the height of ignorance to "claim" and believe that the atmosphere and climate are immune to our negative (or positive) impacts extending over decades.

Whatever the results may (or may not) eventually be, it is sheer stupidity to argue that the problems should be ignored in the confidence that the earth will take care of itself.

That's NOT Conservatism. That's IDIOCY.

The measures we need take and the societal/economic costs involved are legitimate subjects for debate. The argument for doing NOTHING is not.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 10:37 AM

h
======
"The view". The info must be correct based on the credentials of the speakers.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 10:55 AM

World is ending because Caj13, MrBill and Goat said so, send them money now because you breathe and eat.

Forget that CO2 is the lifeblood of the earth and that oil is constantly produced as a byproduct of the earths functions.

The earths poles change constantly. Always have.

The earth is now much greener than it was 100 years ago thanks to human contribution of CO2 and development according to PR from NASA.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fer...
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 11:05 AM

Caj said; "I already invited david and Paranawabi to come in and explain to my students how I was teaching false information, and they have the truth and the light! so far, no takers. probably because my stipulation was that the students would have equal time to ask them questions - and the students would come prepapered!"

In my seven years of collegiate studies, I would have been failed by an instructor viewing my citation of anything off wiki. If you allow your students to submit such garbage in a scholastic atmosphere as you say then I now understand the quality of education I see graduates coming out of the current academic field. It isn't the students fault...it's those they count on to take them to the next level of critical thought.
Citing wiki is like citing Judge Judy in a court of law. I don't have to visit your class to know what I would face Caj...It would be your offspring.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Oil is constantly produced as a byproduct of the earths functions

From what I read is estimated about 20,000 to 80,000 barrels per day?

World consumption is about 90-100 million barrels per day.

An actual "drop in the bucket" by comparison.

John

[Edited on 11-6-2019 by John Harper]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 12:21 PM

Good luck!

One More time David! please -
its all about historical vrs current rates of change, and feedback loops. those 2 issues, in a nutshell are why I am concerned.

So far you have made no indication whatsoever that you even understand those concepts, let along be able to apply them to this issue (that application - that's critical thinking, but critical thinking is nonexistant if you don't have a grasp of underlying facts and information!)

I tend to study and believe in things that are real rather than things that are imagined, predicted, or just in the minds of people who read predictions by Hollywood actors and politicians.

I would also prefer teaching people how to think for themselves using physical evidence instead of telling them what to think because the mob and ("a consensus") of scientists said so.

Finally, I would tell them that man is part of this planet and must do his best to treat it well, even if just for our visual enjoyment. The planet is huge and it is mostly covered by water... so if the water rises, then we simply need to move. Man cannot stop the oceans from rising. Get over yourselves. Instead of scaring kids, I would take them to (or show them photos of) the seashore and compare old with new photos of how things change (or not).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 12:37 PM

I tend to study and believe in things that are real rather than things that are imagined, predicted, or just in the minds of people who read predictions by Hollywood actors and politicians.

If only this were true and people here didn't have your number, DK.

Your beliefs are as real as your politically driven conservative agenda. Words and phrases that are common in your rants are ''money,'' and, how much is this going to cost.

''I would also prefer teaching people how to think for themselves using physical evidence instead of telling them what to think because the mob and ("a consensus") of scientists said so.''

Regardless what scientists think, you want to teach people how to use physical evidence?

Silly and lacking credibility.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 02:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

This has got to be JJJ.

Nope, I've met and fished with Carl. He's not JJJ, and he does exist.

John
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 02:51 PM

Yeah, but i get Paras point. he can't come up with a cogent argument (in spite of 7 years of training) , huis feelings are hurt because someone called him out and told the truth,so his last resort - "try and get him banned - that way I don't have to look in a mirror!"

I'm sure he has already contacted the moderators demanding I be removed!
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2019 at 03:02 PM

h
======
"The view". The info must be correct based on the credentials of the speakers.

======== ===
As you say - correctly. Typical people watch the View drivel and think is must be true. Maybe others think it is cute? I said that just because they unqualified are saying such things. Those statements were rebroadcast on other new channels in order to make fun of them. No way I would ever watch the VIEW

You make assumptions about what you read and try to demonize me. Take a deep breath before typing. Not all words have serious meaning. I thot my View comment was a joke and you thot is was a serious comment.
Please go attack someone else.
=== ===

Right, so that's where you get your climate science? the View? I can just picture you curled up in your little onesy suit and bunny slippers sipping on a highly creamered coffee and enjoying the morning with the girls of the view - how quaint!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
11-6-2019 at 03:39 PM
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.