BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: apparently NOAA & NASA in on the conspiracy!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 01:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I have no problem with Carl or Harald saying the sea is four inches higher than 100 years ago. They also should have no problem with me pointing out that is not abnormal and is not bringing the sea above the tidal range which is several feet in most places.

The difference is they have a need to add insults and act like photos don't prove anything when they clearly do... as long as the rise is enough to actually matter to anyone... which it isn't at 4". Maybe in 200 years when it is a whole foot higher than in 1919, it may affect somebody, but I kind of doubt it. The technology in 200 years will likely allow them to move a foot more higher... maybe even hover over it?

David, you are welcome to your opinion. But your opinion is not the same thing as scientific opinion.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 01:22 PM

Are you saying that Carl and Harald's figure of 4" is a wrong opinion or that my saying 4" is not greater than the tidal range is a wrong opinion?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 01:27 PM

Are you saying that Carl and Harald's figure of 4" is a wrong opinion or that my saying 4" is not greater than the tidal range is a wrong opinion?

Your opinion is not scientific. This is a scientific opinion https://www.npr.org/2019/09/25/764390120/sea-level-rise-ocea...

Please don't confuse the two. Just because you think the Earth is flat....

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 01:36 PM

At what point will the sea be high enough to actually be visible, unquestionable, and cause seaside facilities to be unusable?

Since it is rising, how is man mightier than God or Nature to reverse this event of Nature?

Isn't it just a natural thing to move if a place you live in is not dry anymore? That makes more sense than pretending you can reverse the course of Nature.

The sea level has always changed... there are sharks teeth in the desert, near Asunción, after all. These are facts, not opinions.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AguaDulce
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 02:10 PM

Megladon teeth in Bakersfield
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 03:48 PM

No he's saying you continue to ignore the scientific data presented to you. you keep living in the past because you have no idea that the issue is feedback loops and rates of change. Once you show some sort of indication that you actually have educated yourself on these issues,
and the science behind them , then it could be a discussion, but how do you discuss facts with someone who chooses to ignore facts, figures - you know science stuff.

I'm not looking to change Davids's mind - I'm looking to Pique the interest of someone who truly wonders about climate change - and the science behind it. someone willing to actually read and understand the summary literature.

being hostile to science because it is in conflict with your political ideology - right because ignorance and misstatements will make the problem go away!
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 03:56 PM

At what point will the sea be high enough to actually be visible, unquestionable, and cause seaside facilities to be unusable?

Since it is rising, how is man mightier than God or Nature to reverse this event of Nature?

Isn't it just a natural thing to move if a place you live in is not dry anymore? That makes more sense than pretending you can reverse the course of Nature.

The sea level has always changed... there are sharks teeth in the desert, near Asunción, after all. These are facts, not opinions.

Once again willfull ignorance. you have been presented multiple times with evidence from multiple places on the globe where global climate change is affecting people. because you choose to ignore it, doesn't make it untrue David - it makes you look willfully ignorant!

and we do know how to reverse the effect of MAN on the Environment - and it's not easy, but we can do it
- now as for your God Squad spewing - read your bible David - the original one - the one written in Hebrew! I suspect you have forgotten the actual translation, and are relying on the King David (ironic eh) version. God said he gave "stewardship" of the earth to man David. He NEVER said you have dominion! that was a mistranslation that came hundreds of years after the facts. so how are you going to answer God when he asks you what you did in stewardship of the earth, and you start spewing "I spread false information to discredit those communist liberals"

Good luck with that David, perhaps less time spewing verbal vomitus here, and more time studying your bible will make this clear to you!

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by caj13]
Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 04:06 PM

I have elected to avoid discussions regarding climate change.

Its not that I deny man's contribution to the situation, whatever that contribution may be, its that I'm old and don't care. ;)
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 04:38 PM

I think that you are both right .....:bounce:

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 05:08 PM

not everybody has had the opportunity to receive higher education. i likely would not have had one if not for VA benefits. i would like to think if i had not, i would at least have had the sense to not put my l ignorance on display on a public forum. science....it matters.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 05:18 PM

Some of the smartest and wisest people I've met in my life never had a college education. Some of the best educated people I know are willfully ignorant.

Never stop learning.

John

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by John Harper]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2019 at 06:44 PM

Deflect and spin, come on caj, I never said anything against science. Science is the study of things. If those things haven't happened, like global warming... rebranded as climate change (for affect) since the world is not warming overall... they are called predictions, not scientific fact.

None of the climate alarmists predictions have come true the past 20 years. That gives thinking people a reason to doubt the panic-stricken doomsayer's words.

I am not going to just join in the groupthink to be popular with your followers. Especially when I go to the same beach all my life and can see the ocean is not higher in any amount that changes anything. I prefer to be the one to have some wisdom as in the story of the Emperor has No Clothes.

4 inches... or 40, it is what it is, the Earth changes naturally. If you want to pretend you are more powerful than the sun and volcanoes, go ahead if that makes you feel special and important. I will adjust if necessary but never demand my neighbors change their lives or pay more taxes to make me feel righteous.

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 06:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Once again will full ignorance. you have been presented multiple times with evidence from multiple places on the globe where global climate change is affecting people. because you choose to ignore it, doesn't make it untrue david - it makes you look willfully ignorant!

and we do know how to reverse the effect of MAN on the Environment - and its not easy, but we can do it
- now as for your God Squad spewing - read your bible David - the original one - the one written in Hebrew! I suspect you have forgotten the actual translation, and are relying on the King David (ironic eh) version. God said he gave "stewardship" of the earth to man David. He NEVER said you have dominion! that was a mistranslation that came hundreds of years after the facts. so how are tyo7u going to answer God when he asks you what you did in stewardship of the earth, and you start spewing "I spread false information to discredit those communist liberals"

Good luck with that David, perhaps less time spewing verbal vomitus here, and more time studying your bible will make this clear to you!

PuuLLLLEASE do not cite a book dear to some of us in discrediting another fellow human. Your declaration of what the 'original' language of the OT is; exposes your complete ignorance of 'scholarly' and 'peer-reviewed' current studies reveal.
You declare the same standard in your beliefs of global warming attributable to man's existence...yet present yourself as the guidance counselor in things considered sacred to some, the written word of my/our God with little observable knowledge revealed by your declaration of 'orginal' language.
I have accumulated upwards of 8000 hours of study and a library that would dull the senses of most concerning the Hebrew and ancient near east renditions of religious dictums and NONE of them declare originality!
Remember there are upwards of 53,000 different denominations who read a currently published version of the 'original' in upwards of 70 different interpretations of that verse you cite!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 06:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

PuuLLLLEASE do not cite a book dear to some of us in discrediting another fellow human.

Then why the prejudice against LGBT people? Isn't the Bible cited as a reason?

John

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 06:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

PuuLLLLEASE do not cite a book dear to some of us in discrediting another fellow human.

Then why the prejudice against LBGT people? Isn't the Bible cited as a reason?

John

Fruitless to add another topic of dispute for the antagonistic tome of this thread... I already expressed disdain for engagement of what is against what and whom is against whom.
I respect the presentation of 'evidence' supporting the theme of this thread on both sides as such. The problem is that there is no single source that sets the parameters of the subject...unlike when citing the single source of what is widely known as the Bible (although some uses contain more or less than others in content).
IF you would like to witness what the Bible says as a 'single source' about the subject you inquire then I can lead you to the recitations addressing such. Please U2U me if you wish John.
I will leave it up to you to develop an understanding of what those citations are. I will say this...they are not about LGBT people or any others...they are about you.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 07:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Some of the smartest and wisest people I've met in my life never had a college education. Some of the best educated people I know are willfully ignorant.

Never stop learning.

John

little known fact....the nasa engineers who placed a man on the moon were all high school dropouts.
sarcasm of course...but this notion that education somehow extracts wisdom and common sense, and that ignorance is on equal ground as knowledge is just a wacky notion employed by.....well, the uneducated.

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by pacificobob]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 08:51 AM
The ONE who KNOWS

On this debate (as well as others), one should have realized by now that there are NO facts or NO evidence (empirical or otherwise) which will alter the viewpoint of those faithful to the belief that Donald is divine. To them, HIS Commandments are the word of God and their lives must be guided by the Twitter Scriptures.

Until the day that the "Holy DT" decrees that Man's involvement in Climate Change is a possibility, there will be NO deviation from the orthodoxy by the faithful.

Of course, were he to do a 180-turn at any given moment, THEY would (within hours) follow suit as they have in the past. After all, he IS their God.

But, that won't happen.

SO, it's just tit-for-tat blah, blah, blah until eternity.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 11:16 AM

Speaking of eternity ...

The Universe Might Be a Giant Loop

https://www.livescience.com/universe-may-be-curved.html

Appears that is exactly what we® can look forward to

See ya all next time around :biggrin::biggrin:

sorry in advance that isn't about the usual stuff

I like these findings, if they can be confirmed as stated ... A lot of folks can relax .. it just comes around again ... for eternity .. and that is science .. and a much better answer to the Big Bang than "Nothing" which was Steven Hawkings last word on the topic

Everything else is cyclic ... why not the Universe

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by wessongroup]
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 11:34 AM

Does this mean that I will have to live through puberty again ? Yikes :o

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2019 at 12:18 PM

parawanabi said,
PuuLLLLEASE do not cite a book dear to some of us in discrediting another fellow human. Your declaration of what the 'original' language of the OT is; exposes your complete ignorance of 'scholarly' and 'peer-reviewed' current studies reveal.

Your first sentence about using the bible to discredit another human -
what a joke - whats the history of war - more people have been killed by religion that any other force on the planet - and the killers hold up their "bibles" as their justification!
In my book killing people - that might be classified as discrediting another human - but you can ignore the history all you want - that doesn't change it.

as for languages and the history, here you go, I am trusting Wikipedia on this - where do they have it wrong?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_languages

This stuffs not hard - just look it up!

Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.