Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Deer?
geraldalexander7
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2019 at 08:54 PM
Deer?

A fishing buddy of mine wants to hunt deer in Baja.
What does he need to know regarding regulations?
License, etc...
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-6-2019 at 10:01 PM

Gets complicated. When last I did it, a "Guide" was required in Norte and it literally couldn't be done in Sur. Best info can be had from an outfitter if one can be found....Good Luck

Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 07:43 AM

Deer season is over, it´ll start again on the 2nd week of september 2019.

Its not complicated, just overregulated. You can´t hunt on public land nor whitout a registered guide.

License costs less than 50 dlls, you have to check with the authorities your gear after coming to the country and hire an outfitter.

There are at least 50 outfitters on BC and BCS, that offer full packages for birds (ducks, pheasant, quail and doves), deer, cougar, coyote and ONLY in Baja Sur (for the moment) you can get a bighorn sheep permit.

I work with some of the best outfitters and guides in central Baja, both north and south. If you need more info, sent a U2U.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 10:41 AM

There are not a lot of deer in Baja....why doesn't he go and kill one in a part of the US where they over-run a community?

Hunting is not a sport anymore in the developed world....leave it to the people who do it for subsistence....they need to do it....and I don't think anyone in Baja hunts deer for subsistence....:light:

Don't believe everything you think....
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 11:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
There are not a lot of deer in Baja....why doesn't he go and kill one in a part of the US where they over-run a community?

Hunting is not a sport anymore in the developed world....leave it to the people who do it for subsistence....they need to do it....and I don't think anyone in Baja hunts deer for subsistence....:light:

Actually, hunting is an often necessary part of successful game management. You mentioned the overpopulation of white tail deer, also feral pigs, etc. Doves have a regulated season as well, been doing that for almost 60 years now.

John
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 12:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Actually, hunting is an often necessary part of successful game management. You mentioned the overpopulation of white tail deer, also feral pigs, etc. Doves have a regulated season as well, been doing that for almost 60 years now.

John

John,
I understand that ( I hunted for a while and had a trap line for a few years when in my late 20's). That's why I suggested killing deer somewhere when the cull is justifiable.

I doubt there is an overabundance of deer anywhere in Baja, or they are competing unequally in the environmental or commercial economies. I saw two of the healthiest looking Mule deer (my best id) walking along a sand wash arroyo with fair tree coverage) about 10 miles west of Mulege. It was an honour to see such beasts surviving....no....thriving in that environment. That's why I don't hunt anymore.

That's just my way of doing hunting.

Hunters will do what they want in the long run.:)

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 12:38 PM

Hunters will do what they want in the long run.:)

I would hope they would at least obey the laws and regulations, as I have always done. I really do prefer "catch and release" fishing, although I have no issue with those who keep, as long as they are within the law. Poachers and game wasters are the scum of the Earth.

John

[Edited on 2-7-2019 by John Harper]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 01:34 PM

Hunting for sport is barbaric and m0ronic. This is the 21st century. Killing for sport is barbaric.
Humans that got the urge to kill something should stick to cage fighting, let barbarians fight barbarians and not kill defenseless animals.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 04:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
Wild game getting a little scarce in your neck of the woods? No worries, bring those American dollars down to old Mexico, where you can still sneak up on a harmless wild animal and blow it away with a high powered rifle! But you all better hurry, get down here before they go the way of the California Grizzly, the gray wolf, and all them other critters that ain't around no more.

trophy hunters are pathetic losers

Hey tree huger, it's not American's killing all the deer in Mexico, it's Mexicans who kill them all. They see one they shoot one. They obey no laws, they kill every one they see including; does, fawns and any size buck, any time of year, year after year. Go spew your unfounded, nonfactual, BS elsewhere.
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 05:48 PM

Tree hugger, Timinator, 2 g's. Get you insults straight! I am going to delete the above post, and I request you delete my quote. I am not going to change anyone's opinion and I really don't need any more enemies - to each his own right?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 06:37 PM

Tree hugger, Timinator, 2 g's. Get you insults straight! I am going to delete the above post, and I request you delete my quote. I am not going to change anyone's opinion and I really don't need any more enemies - to each his own right?

Get a load of these sicko's with their "trophy deer." How on Earth does posing with a dead animal make someone feel good about themselves?

http://www.bajahunting.com/deer.html

Disgusting.

[Edited on 2-8-2019 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 10:14 PM

Deer - reminded me of a joke about Indians and the number of feathers on their head

Harald Pietschmann
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 10:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Hunting for sport is barbaric and m0ronic. This is the 21st century. Killing for sport is barbaric.
Humans that got the urge to kill something should stick to cage fighting, let barbarians fight barbarians and not kill defenseless animals.

Guess its time to book another GOAT hunt

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 11:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

Very informed post here.

Making America Great Again
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 11:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Just another ignorant and uninformed post from Goat talking out of the side of his mouth.

Making America Great Again
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 11:28 AM

Nice fotos. I wish I still had mine from the Book cliffs and the Dolores triangle.
Low ,wide racks on those desert bucks.

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Get a load of these sicko's with their "trophy deer." How on Earth does posing with a dead animal make someone feel good about themselves?

http://www.bajahunting.com/deer.html

Disgusting.

[Edited on 2-8-2019 by JZ]

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 11:38 AM

Kill me the day my self esteem is dependent on posing with dead animals.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 12:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Kill me the day my self esteem is dependent on posing with dead animals.

:coolup:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 12:29 PM

Only mentally ill people take joy in killing defenseless animals. You got to to be a psychopath to think shooting a defenseless deer is fun,
Appear to be many sick nomads, sad!

Instead of spending time and money to go deer hunting, why don’t you just stay home and shoot your dog or cat? Better yet, you can save money if you don’t buy a gun, just grab a scrap piece of 2x4 and club your dog to death.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 12:33 PM

Lumberyard is closed ....

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.