BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: white balance card, in spanish?
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 2-9-2019 at 08:06 PM
white balance card, in spanish?

Maybe just maybe, some photographer will not only know what a white balance card is, but know how to go into a non English speaking photo lab, where they only speak Spanish and ask for a white balance card?

With trash your photos bucket the way it is, I have taken to prints of 15 x 20 cm. Something about holding a photo in your hands, makes a person want to try harder to get it right.

Take a good look at Jhandy. On the net you do not look at her for long, because of the ugly no good hash mark. Her mother sells medicinal plants. The older the indians are, the more medecinal plants they buy. when I hold her photo in hand, I notice the flaws. A white balance card would help. I do not tote a computer with me when I travel, 18% gray wont help me.

I would like to give Jhandy´s mother a nice big 20 x 30 print, when I go back up there. Even better, take her picture again with a perfect white balance.

[Edited on 2-10-2019 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 12:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
Maybe just maybe, some photographer will not only know what a white balance card is, but know how to go into a non English speaking photo lab, where they only speak Spanish and ask for a white balance card?

With trash your photos bucket the way it is, I have taken to prints of 15 x 20 cm. Something about holding a photo in your hands, makes a person want to try harder to get it right.

Take a good look at Jhandy. On the net you do not look at her for long, because of the ugly no good hash mark. Her mother sells medicinal plants. The older the indians are, the more medecinal plants they buy. when I hold her photo in hand, I notice the flaws. A white balance card would help. I do not tote a computer with me when I travel, 18% gray wont help me.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o522/tourdemaya/DSC04585...

I would like to give Jhandy´s mother a nice big 20 x 30 print, when I go back up there. Even better, take her picture again with a perfect white balance.

Test to see it it is possible to view without the watermark.
When I go to your album, I don't see watermarks. So I "save image as" to see if the image is free of watermarks. Before, when I simply reposted the Photobucket link (without the watermark) the watermark returned later on and was seen right away by others here.

A-1 Test.jpg - 231kB

I am not seeing any watermark... anyone else see one?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 05:46 AM

most cameras have white balance built in - manual plus automatic
what equipment are you using?

anyway, here is your white balance card: https://www.amazon.com.mx/Flow-Herramientas-est%C3%A1ndar-Ta...

Harald Pietschmann
Purdyd
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 08:49 AM

You can easily adjust the white balance after the shot in jpeg and especially if you captured a 'raw' image

I like the whites of the eye for children. Notice this will look a bit different from your shot.

Of course you have the problem of trying to get the lab to print out the way you want the picture to turn out and there are issues of gamuts and calibration of printers and monitors and all kinds of factors that can make that difficult.

Good luck!

[Edited on 2-10-2019 by Purdyd]
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 06:19 PM

One with the ugly hash mark that says do not use trash your photosbucket, two without at the moment.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 06:39 PM

Flow DGK Herramientas de color, de imagen digital Tarjeta de balance de blancos Set con estándar Tarjetas de cordón (Conjunto de tres)
I suppose this is Amazon´s google translate?

For those of you that do not know what a white balance card is. 4x4 posted a link, look at the card on the bottom, the white card. Not the gray or black card. My camera, and some of your cameras have a custom white balance setting. You hold the card in the light available to you at that moment. Register it in the camera.

Color has a temperature
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature
I posted this in theSpanish language forum because, I want to go into a Spanish language only photo lab and ask for a white balance card in Spanish.

¨Of course you have the problem of trying to get the lab to print out the way you want the picture to turn out and there are issues of gamuts and calibration of printers and monitors and all kinds of factors that can make that difficult.¨

Yes indeed, unless you are far from home and just blocks away from the one good photo lab, where they do a good job. Must be some reason why the counter is piled high with graduation photos and wedding photos. No line at the other 3 places I pass on the way.

but know how to go into a non English speaking photo lab,where they only speak Spanish and ask for a white balance card?

[Edited on 2-11-2019 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 2-10-2019 at 07:02 PM

Do play with

the white balance

in your camera

buy a spare battery

and keep playing

But sooner or late you might want to get the correct white balance.

I couple of interesting facts.
If the people at the photo lab ask you about your photos or come out from behind the counter to look at them , you are doing something right.

Jhandy´s mother does not make $200 a month. You, (your rich toyota driving self,) can not afford the clothes she wears! The sweater she wears can be sold in San Francisco for $600, no idea how much her full length wool skirts cost, into the thousands if you live in San Francisco.

Who has a happier life?

Who knows how to ask the clerk for a white balance card in Spanish?

[Edited on 2-11-2019 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2019 at 07:09 PM

For some reason davidk´s photo of Jhandy did not gain an ugly ugly hash mark warning people not to use trash your photosbucket?

Anyway, I printed out about 30 photos today. A couple of them looked good enough to be proud of. The Cumpleaños de Baby photo was good enough for gran formato, ma´ma gets a big photo in a frame.

Some were not the best. Seems the clouds in the sky register in auto white balance instead of the girl in the shade.

If just one photographer knows how to ask for a white balance card in proper Spanish, well, that could be of help to me, thanks.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2019 at 08:25 PM

Tienes una Tarjeta de balance de blancos?

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-12-2019 at 08:41 AM

Joe, I commented about the watermark and how it was removed. Pay the minimum level for Photobucket membership. The free accounts apparently have the watermark. That is better than nothing, as they made third party hosting images vanish a year or two ago when they decided to make members pay for third party hosting (posting on forums). You have a free option: www.postimages.org and select the size to 800 pixels Max width to fit here.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2019 at 05:47 PM

the post is not about white balance cards - it is about fishing for compliments
"Look how wonderful my images are"
they are
so?

Harald Pietschmann
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 2-12-2019 at 07:24 PM
www.postimages.org

Take a look at this one later.

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Joe, I commented about the watermark and how it was removed. Pay the minimum level for Photobucket membership. The free accounts apparently have the watermark. That is better than nothing, as they made third party hosting images vanish a year or two ago when they decided to make members pay for third party hosting (posting on forums). You have a free option: www.postimages.org and select the size to 800 pixels Max width to fit here.

For the same price as photobucket you can get Photoshop online. Trash your photosbucket is not worth a single cent! Their resolution is too low for a print. Thier advertiseing makes me puke. Run by some sick sick less than people

I wont pay $50 or $150 or what ever it is to show pictures on the internet.
How much does youtube charge to host a video?
www.postimages.org

You are so thick I had to ask the same question 5 times before you could figure out what I wanted to know. Thanks for the translation, don´t drink alone with your computer anymore. Why does the baja nomad page have to be something to suffer through?
Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
the post is not about white balance cards - it is about fishing for compliments
"Look how wonderful my images are"
they are
so?

I posted pictures of to show you different white balance settings. You can find something out from the nomads, but you have to suffer through someone elses Alcoholism to find something out.

[Edited on 2-13-2019 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 2-13-2019 at 07:56 PM

After all that, they don´t have one.

The first time, he could not understand me.
The second time, I got Camila to ask, he was able to understand her but shock his head no. She has no idea what a white balance card is, but will stand in front of a camera if you ask 5 times.
The third time, I got a girl to help me pronounce the words clearly, and showed them the paper I wrote,

A mi me gustoria una tarjeta para ajuste de balance de blance,
tienes una tarjeta de balance de blanco.

nada.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2019 at 10:59 AM

Wouldn't a sheet of white printer paper would as a white balance card?
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 2-15-2019 at 06:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Wouldn't a sheet of white printer paper would as a white balance card?

Yes and no. Are you a perfectionist or perfeccionista?
Someone above noticed that a white balance card is expensive, and their is a good reason for that.

Better read this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision
The human eye can see more colors than a computer, paper is not perfectly white.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnB2gzsyWSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8MTxTqMbq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bf4PNbOcBM

the fat lady is breeding
which means
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-15-2019 at 09:29 PM

I remember using a grey card when I shot film....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_card

[Edited on 2-16-2019 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-16-2019 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
I remember using a grey card when I shot film....

I thought there were fifty shades of grey!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.