Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Los Cocos robbery
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-17-2019 at 10:28 PM

What this boils down to is: if i'm boondocking on the beach I'd certainly want to know ASAP if this kind of chit goes down in my area. I would appreciate the poster and the info being spread to alert me of how/when/who/what went down, and also alert all my fellow campers to be alert and maybe set up some kind of response/action in case of further incursions.

Yes, crime happens. Yes, it's everywhere. Yes, it's getting worse. Gringo touristas are becoming targeted now. All valid points, but the most important thing here is communication, awareness, and preparedness.

Any questions? :?:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

GLNaeve

[*] posted on 2-18-2019 at 10:39 AM

Los Cocos-
One small curvy road in, sometimes under water from High tide, Playa Escondido just north run by a good camp manager, Manuelito, Playa el Burro south...……….
Can ones substantiate this "armed robbery" really happened..?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-18-2019 at 11:12 AM

Well,yeah...I seen it on the internet!

BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 2-18-2019 at 09:16 PM

Back to the original post, two people have posted about it. One said he heard about it, the other said he got it third hand.

Does anyone else know of a report on this?

What I'm doing at work is so secret, even I don't know what I'm doing!

One should believe in God, because even Google doesn't know everything.
GLNaeve

[*] posted on 2-19-2019 at 05:53 PM

With no real substantiation of the facts, this sound just like another Baja story....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-19-2019 at 10:02 PM

Ostriches!
Bunch of you doubters are big flightless birds sticking your balding gray heads in burning hot sand wishing the truth to go away!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2019 at 07:19 AM

Forum Foul! I call FORUM FOUL!
posting actual facts and information that contradicts a "well respected" forum members post is not allowed in this forum!

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Hmmmm.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/21/state...

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/fact-check/201...
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2019 at 12:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Well,yeah...I seen it on the internet!
:

yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 06:14 PM

Ok. It did happen. Just talked with a person who lives there on the beach. The guy had a pistol. He robbed one person then took off. Don’t ask me for names, pictures, etc.

Still a great place to spend the winter. Sheet happens I guess.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 06:39 PM

Thanks for the report. An informed Baja Nomad is a safer Baja Nomad.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-5-2019 at 08:29 PM
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 03:42 PM

How sad. I camped there for 15 years back in the 80s , 90s, and still stop on my way south.
Any new info?
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
It really isn't that crime isn't almost everywhere, it for sure is.

What seems frightening and quite different, is that foreigners are being targeted and the criminals have guns.

Most of my students who are in the scholarship program have been victims but none with guns. In the first year of college 2013, my student Alfonso was attacked as he left the ATM in La Paz. It was late at night and scared the beejeezus out of him. In Santa Rosalia, student Ramiro Andres had his computer (that we had donated to him) and his sister's computer (her own) stolen, as well as almost all their clothes. This was a couple years ago and happened while they were on vacation. The last robbery was about 6 months ago when thieves stole everything out of Dayr's house, also in La Paz.

Like I said, crime happens everywhere but seems to me that for the first time, foreigners are being viciously and specifically targeted.

BajaBlanca wrote: "What seems frightening and quite different, is that foreigners are being targeted and the criminals have guns."

Baja Blanca, there is no evidence at the US State Department or anywhere that foreigners are being targeted in Mexico.

What there is a rise in unsubstantiated 3rd party reports, on "Baja forums, and Baja group sites, about alleged robberies, of sometimes foreigners, sometimes Mexicans, and sometimes they don't list the alleged victim's race or ethnicity, but for sure the natives here get really alarmed if it's a white American/Canadian victim.

Yes, criminal in Mexico have guns now. I miss the good ol' days, when in Mexico, I only had to worry about a choke hold, because the criminals were too scared to use guns or knives in case they got caught.

I blame the US lax gun laws for the rise in guns in Mexico, even among non-cartel criminals.

hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 04:58 PM

Wasn't this Joe who refuted and questioned the robbery at Pt San Carlos just the other day? When was the last time you boon docked it Joe? You are one of the reasons BN folks don't comment on here anymore. I suppose you question the validity of theft at the San Ignacio checkpoint. Wait, no photos? Need to come up with a new shtick. Could be some INM deal, spin that Joe.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 05:29 PM

I blame the US lax gun laws for the rise in guns in Mexico, even among non-cartel criminals. [/rquote]

You really are out of touch... Not sure what you're on but it is absolutely scary. I will check back in a few days for your 8 paragraph response since you have nothing better to do with your life than live on this website... Quite sad actually..

Making America Great Again
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  

I blame the US lax gun laws for the rise in guns in Mexico, even among non-cartel criminals. [/rquote]

You really are out of touch... Not sure what you're on but it is absolutely scary. I will check back in a few days for your 8 paragraph response since you have nothing better to do with your life than live on this website... Quite sad actually..

The guns.......Eric Holder, famous for being the first AG held in contempt of Congress...

Fast and Furious.......using straw men to purchase guns in Yuma and take them to Mexico..
And at least one of those guns, made it back to the border region by an illegal alien criminal......and shot to death BP agent Brian Terry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

[Edited on 3-8-2019 by DaliDali]

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 05:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hermosok123  
Wasn't this Joe who refuted and questioned the robbery at Pt San Carlos just the other day? When was the last time you boon docked it Joe? You are one of the reasons BN folks don't comment on here anymore. I suppose you question the validity of theft at the San Ignacio checkpoint. Wait, no photos? Need to come up with a new shtick. Could be some INM deal, spin that Joe.

Yes, I'm one of the few around here who doesn't believe everything he reads on the internet, however you are free to believe whatever you want.

I usually don't call BS on a report, and just say I don't know if something happened or not, and usually I like to see reports substantiating the alleged crimes or homicides, especially if it's from a 3rd party. Unknown to most people the local Mexican press, does cover local crimes and homicides pretty well, it's just the US press doesn't always pick it up, unless it's really big news.

What will catch my attention the most is when a first time member, makes a crime report that's over-the-top, and sometimes the report defy belief and in some cases their stories defy forensic science, and they don't make themselves available to be questioned over their story.

I believe instead of coming to travel boards, and group Facebook sites, these alleged victims, should follow the advise of the US Department of State, where they may actually get real help and it will help to warn others, but don't expect the Ministerio Público or consulate to automatically believe their report without some kind of evidence.

From the US Department of State:

Victims of Crime: U.S. citizen victims of crime should contact the local authorities to file a Mexican police report before departing Mexico. In most instances, victims of crime will file reports with the Ministerio Público (equivalent to the office of public prosecutor or district attorney in the United States) and not with police first responders. U.S. citizens should also inform the U.S. Embassy or the nearest consulate or consular agency. Remember that local authorities are responsible for investigating and prosecuting the crime.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2019 at 03:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

It only backed fired, when white American, Brian Terry, was killed. Notice how you rarely hear about the Hispanic Federal agents were also killed, due to 'Fast and Furious."

What are their names?

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 3-8-2019 at 06:21 PM

The names are listed below:

While Agent Terry epitomizes those whom Fast and Furious has harmed, he is not its sole casualty.

U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Agent Jaime Zapata, 32, was shot mortally in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Members of Los Zetas drug gang also ambushed ICE Agent Victor Avila, although not fatally. The assault on Feb. 15, 2011, involved a rifle purchased in Dallas in another Obama administration “gunwalking” escapade.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/10/mexican-vic...

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.