BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Feb 2019 Trip for a TV show: America Unearthed on again June 16, 2019. 1 pm on Travel Channel. YouTube link added.
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 09:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
If you can see Baja Nomad then you can see America Unearthed on the Travel Channel website, link above.
Petroglyphs are not pictographs. Touching pictographs should not be done.
As you might see, after 1974 sometime, someone carved letters just left of the ship. Be angry at that, if anything.

Yes DK If you sign in with a cable or satellite tv provider you can otherwise No Bueno

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 09:41 AM

Ok.
Maybe this show can help them be properly protected in the future. I would rather see them locked than loved into non-existance.
I can't imagine anyone touching them for legitimate research for any reason no matter how many books they have written.
Especially then.
Maybe Terra Peninsular can help. They are affliated with the San Diego Natural History Museum.
Seems like their general area of study.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 09:55 AM

I am trying to think, what good is a historic location if NOBODY can see it anymore? It is published, it is preserved in photographs, so let the people see it.
An earthquake or flash flood may erase it forever. Think of the poor painted cliff between Loreto and San Javier, covered by mud and rocks after the flash floods of 5 (?) years ago. Mother Nature touches these sites all the time with wind, rain, sun, and sand... Again, I didn't see any abuse of the pertos by Scott.
I appreciate your passion, Mike!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 10:11 AM

David, Thanks for the preview and detail of what goes into producing a short video like that. It is just as well these sites are remote and harder to get to. There isn’t really enough traffic to justify full time guides and protection of the site in most cases. If the locations were well known and easily accessible it wouldn’t be long before they would look like the graffiti around Catavina, particularly since the roads are getting better and you know Mama Espinosa’s saying about good roads and bad people.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 10:22 AM

no cable or satellite? check out ustv247.com
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 10:23 AM

Yes, indeed.
I have not seen the show either, it is a one-hour network show, however. The location is locked so I was not concerned with publicity on the location, although I am not sure if it will be given. I did talk about Mission San Fernando (a kilometer from the petros), but none of the mission was filmed and who knows if what I said will get cut out?
The road was pretty bad for us last February with big pools of water to drive through and rocky sections. The producer/director was getting so worried about what we were doing to the rental cars, he refused to drive any closer so we walked the last 1/2 kilometer to the cliff.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-27-2019 at 11:47 AM

Are you on IMDb yet?
Do you have an agent? Fishbuck needs a job to buy that Toyota Tercel he has been lusting after, why don’t you hire him to be your agent?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-27-2019 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Are you on IMDb yet?
Do you have an agent? Fishbuck needs a job to buy that Toyota Tercel he has been lusting after, why don’t you hire him to be your agent?

DK, I think you unearthed the wrong thing.
Who let a stinky old goat in here?
;)

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-27-2019 at 12:57 PM

Ofcourse! All are welcome.
I seen lots of old goats in Baja...:D

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2019 at 08:42 AM

Well, tonight's the night.
We can see how traveling 4 days in Baja, with 3 days filming, gets edited down to about 15 minutes or ? of air time. Scott wrote me yesterday that he saw the final edit and it looks good. I hope it is as much fun to watch as it was to make!

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2019 at 12:43 PM

OK I'm set it is ch 51 at 10 pm on Spectrum Cable.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2019 at 04:28 PM

Great Tom, my mother-in-law, in Palm Desert also has it listed at 10 pm. However, John Grasson (Lost Ship of the Desert on Facebook and the guest before me on the show) has Direct TV, lives in the Riverside area, says it is at 7 pm.

Regardless of what service, it is playing again two hours later (9pm or Midnight) plus three more days in June.

Hopefully, it can be seen On Demand as well?

Enjoy!

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2019 at 07:54 PM

Watching now, cool show and good Job David!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2019 at 11:05 PM

So little of all the filming in Baja was included. At least it showed how beautiful the desert in Baja is. I guess digging a hole in Imperial to find rebar was more interesting? Ha!

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 5-29-2019 at 04:41 AM

Good job David. I was also surprised how little Baja footage was shown. Interesting theory too.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2019 at 07:15 AM

Thanks, amigos.
I am disappointed so little of the air time was spent in Baja considering how beautiful the scenery was and how much the film crew talked about the locations after the shoot.
My acting career didn't get any boost I don't think, lol!

We spent a good amount of time saying lines and telling Viking legend stories both at El Mirador and while walking to the petroglyph, as well as exchanges in the car driving. I need to watch it again but I don't think any of that was included?

My next TV appearance may be on the Trail of Missions show, September 2019 on ABC TV. At least all of that one-hour show will be in Baja and not just 10+ minutes!

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-29-2019 at 12:25 PM

Can someone post a YouTube of it. Or something.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2019 at 12:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Can someone post a YouTube of it. Or something.

It was on YouTube last night, but those seem to have been taken down (illegal copying?).

The show repeats 3 more times if you do not have On Demand service on your cable (if it is even available, on demand?).

One of the three is a normal time, too! LOL

Tuesday
Jun 11
11pm | 10c

Wednesday
Jun 12
2am | 1c

Sunday
Jun 16
1pm | 12c

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 5-29-2019 at 09:53 PM

Hicistes un buen trabajo David. Muy bien hecho. :!:

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2019 at 08:20 AM

I watched it last night and I thought it was an interesting show. David's part was small but tied into what the theme was. I did think it was funny they found a piece of re-bar instead of the remains of the boat and then blamed it on the power lines.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.