Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Top 6 Destinations In Baja California,Mexico
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 10:14 AM
The Top 6 Destinations In Baja California,Mexico

Forbes business magazine put out an article of the top 6 destinations in Baja. Keep in mind the average "Forbes" reader income level is higher than the average income of most Americans, and so you can probably find cheaper places to stay than what's recommended in the article.

Mexico and Baja, 'alarmists" usually hate these kind of Mexico tourist articles, because they rather read about some negative event in Baja, like a cartel shooting, so they could engage in fear mongering, and discourage tourism to Mexico/Baja.

The Top 6 Destinations In Baja California, Mexico

By Fathom | When a place has earned its spot on our Top Places to Travel in 2019, you know it's good. The Baja California Peninsula has clear blue waters, fresh design, and seriously good guacamole.

Todos Santos

What’s to Love: A hippie, happy eco-chic town 45-minutes north of Cabo San Lucas on Mexico's Baja California Peninsula. This hidden treasure has long been a haven for travelers, surfers, artists, and bohemians seeking tranquility away from the hustle of Cabo. The infamous surf break of Playa Cerritos beach is a great place to ride the cerulean-blue waves — rent a board or arrange a lesson from Mario Surf School. Pescadero or Punta Lobos are also great beaches to stroll: Pitch an umbrella in the sand and allow the vitamin D to soak right in. For dry land explorers, walk the cobblestone streets of tiny artisanal boutiques, or hit the trail above Punta Lobos for breathtaking views of the old fishing port, home to a sea lion colony. Don’t miss Restaurant Bar Bahia — a super-casual corner spot in Todos Santos with awesome fish tacos and ceviche (cash only).

see the rest of the list here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/fathom/2019/02/23/top-destinati...

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 10:20 AM

If someone asked me to come up with a destination list where people who read Forbes would be happy vacationing, this would be the list. Thankfully, it doesn't include my favorite places.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 10:50 AM

My favourite places would never make that list....and that's a good thing...:coolup:

Don't believe everything you think....
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
My favourite places would never make that list....and that's a good thing...:coolup:

Article written for the well heeled crowd. Cristobal in Todos and Rancho Pescadero are probably most expensive places to stay in the area.

Rancho is closed for renovations and don't know when they'll open. http://ranchopescadero.com It's a class operation and for those with bucks, IMO it doesn't get better.

Hierbabuena is 5 minutes up the road. http://www.hierbabuenarestaurante.com

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 12:13 PM

These locations also make the list of EXPENSIVE & OVERCROWDED. Definitely NOT on my list. Guacamole? How can anyone mess up guacamole???
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 12:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajamary1952  
Guacamole? How can anyone mess up guacamole???

Step 1; Start with an under ripe, or over ripe avocado

Step 2; Set aside until it turns black

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 12:30 PM

I'm not too keen on the Cabo area but La Paz and the Guadalupe Valley are good places in my book.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Mexico and Baja, 'alarmists" usually hate these kind of Mexico tourist articles, because they rather read about some negative event in Baja, like a cartel shooting, so they could engage in fear mongering, and discourage tourism to Mexico/Baja.

To keep it all in perspecitive as the "top" tourist destinations, a caveat should have been inserted, also naming Los Cabos as the 2nd most dangerous city in the entire world, behind Caracas Venezuela....based on homicides per 100K people.

Not only Los Cabos but Tijuana, La Paz, Acapulco, Cuidad Victoria, Cuidad Juarez, Culiacan, Chihuahua, Tepic, Reynosa, Matzatlan and Obregón

12 cities in the top 50.

No judgments.....just the numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

[Edited on 2-26-2019 by DaliDali]

Jinete Viejo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 05:51 PM

Curious that the write up on Pescadero mentions one hotel on the Pacific (currently closed for renovations as mentioned above) and another hotel on the East Cape. I hope Forbes readers don't think these hotels are within walking distance of each other. As was the case with the Laguna Chapala discussion on another thread here, the same name can refer to very different places.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 06:57 PM

Personally I think it's laughable when some people read the headlines that shows Los Cabos, as the most dangerous city in the world!

On it's face it's even more funny when these same people claim Cabos, is even more dangerous that Caracas Venezula!

You have to remember these sites are only looking at one statistic, and that's deaths per 100,000. They do this do compare different cities with different size populations, but what gets lost in the math, is when you compare a city like Caracas, with a population, of 3,000,000, vs a city like Cabo, that has 300,000 people. So if you get a bad weekend in Cabo, with homicides, it could really skew the statistics because compared to Caracas, Cabo has a tiny population, that's also under counted because it's a tourist town, and it's doubtful tourist are counted in the census data, and we also know it's rare if an American citizen tourist gets killed on vacation in Mexico.

If anything they should only look at cities with a population of over 1 million, for a fair comparison.

There is another fact most people miss in these most dangerous cities in the world lists. They rarely if ever count a city in a war zone. So if Caracas Venezula, turned into a war zone, this city will be taken off the list.

Finally, there is no definition that confirms the city with the most deaths per 100,000 is the most dangerous city in the world. It's just a raw number, and many factors go into what makes a city dangerous in addition to just homicides, like robberies, muggings, home invasions, rape, car thefts, and a few other factors.

St Louis, is listed as the 13th most dangerous city in the world, but I doubt the fear mongers, would jump up and down over the dangers in St Louis or try to discourage tourists or visits to St Louis. Of course, there are a few areas in St Louis, that I may stay from just like in some places in Mexico, I keep away from.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 08:24 PM

It fun to just be a tourist sometimes...
And then it's back to my secret surf spot:cool:
I could tell you been then...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 08:29 PM

Personally I think it's laughable when some people read the headlines that shows Los Cabos, as the most dangerous city in the world!

On it's face it's even more funny when these same people claim Cabos, is even more dangerous that Caracas Venezula!

It's even more hilarious that to anyone reading the list and this commenters comments about it......MISSES this>>

"In naming Los Cabos as the 2nd most dangerous city in the entire world, behind Caracas Venezuela"

How about that.....NO ONE said Los Cabos is THE most dangerous city in the world.

Duh!!!

If you have a beef with the numbers, take it up with Wiki....I just report the numbers as given. But some may want to take notice that the US Department of State has travel warnings in place covering both Baja and Baja Sur.
Drop a dime on Pompeo and tell him it's all skewed ok?

Despite your lackadaisical attitude and fare thee well bravado about it all, crime is a common occurrence in all of Mexico.

Baja California state – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Exercise increased caution due to crime.

Criminal activity and violence, including homicide, remain a primary concern throughout the state. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted, criminal organization assassinations and turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Bystanders have been injured or killed in shooting incidents.
Due to poor cellular service and hazardous road conditions, U.S. government employees may only travel on Highway 2D between Mexicali and Tijuana via “La Rumorosa” during daylight hours.
There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees in Baja California, which includes tourist areas in: Ensenada, Rosarito, and Tijuana.

Baja California Sur state – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution
Exercise increased caution due to crime.

Criminal activity and violence, including homicide, remain a primary concern throughout the state. While most homicides appeared to be targeted, criminal organization assassinations and turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens. Bystanders have been injured or killed in shooting incidents.

[Edited on 2-26-2019 by DaliDali]

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 09:14 PM

It depends what list and what year you're talking about, but our own alarmist, Joerover, and twice listed as Los Cabos, being the most dangerous cities in the world, and there are a few articles posting this alarmist type of information.

Regarding the US State Department, travel advisory, that says to exercise caution, is good advice, but it's hardly a travel warning that tells Americans to keep away from Los Cabos, seeing it's supposedly the most dangerous city in the world.

In Cabo, was really the most dangerous city in the world, wouldn't you think the US State Department, would tell Americans to keep away?

If you go to France, they also have a travel advisory, big deal. It's not enough to keep me away from France or Mexico.

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwOJlOI1nU
Reasearch suggests that Baja is more dangerous than Caracas?
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/most-dangerous-cities-in...
1 Los Cabos Mexico 111.33
2 Caracas Venezuela 111.19
3 Acapulco Mexico 106.63
4 Natal Brazil 102.56
5 Tijuana Mexico 100.77
6 La Paz Mexico 84.79

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 09:32 PM

It depends what list and what year you're talking about, but our own alarmist, Joerover, and twice listed as Los Cabos, being the most dangerous cities in the world, and there are a few articles posting this alarmist type of information.

Regarding the US State Department, travel advisory, that says to exercise caution, is good advice, but it's hardly a travel warning that tells Americans to keep away from Los Cabos, seeing it's supposedly the most dangerous city in the world.

In Cabo, was really the most dangerous city in the world, wouldn't you think the US State Department, would tell Americans to keep away?

If you go to France, they also have a travel advisory, big deal. It's not enough to keep me away from France or Mexico.

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwOJlOI1nU
Reasearch suggests that Baja is more dangerous than Caracas?
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/most-dangerous-cities-in...
1 Los Cabos Mexico 111.33
2 Caracas Venezuela 111.19
3 Acapulco Mexico 106.63
4 Natal Brazil 102.56
5 Tijuana Mexico 100.77
6 La Paz Mexico 84.79

For the life of me, I can't come across anyone saying to tourists don't go..

It's simply a warning and an advisory for travelers to do a due caution thing.
There IS crime in Baja.....violent crime.

To dismiss this as so much hype is irresponsible to tourists who visit the "top 6 destinations" and get the mindset it's all puppy dog ears, yellow daisies, gentle seas and oak overtones of Merlot.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-25-2019 at 11:23 PM

CADA LOCO CON SU TEMA.

easy, peasy.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 2-26-2019 at 09:27 AM

It appears some members here think the "Fortune," list is only for the well heeled crowd. I suspect, the "Fortune" reader is older, and therefore has more money than the average American, but if they are reading "Fortune" to get stock tips, they are way "behind the eight ball," because everybody else is getting their business information and stock tips from the internet in real time.

Regarding the question, " How can anyone mess up guacamole?

It's very easy to mess up guacamole unless you use only avocados, and nothing else, but they wouldn't taste very good.

When you start putting in tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, or serrano, cilantro, limes, salt and pepper, like I do, it gets tricky, to make a nice chunky guacamole dip, and if you're not careful, especially with the tomato, you could end up with a puree dip.

So I think it's actually quite hard to make a perfect guacamole dip, because it's so easy to screw it up by using too many ingredients or mixing it too much.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2019 at 09:52 AM

I think that is a wonderful list of places to visit! Well done.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.