Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Dog Friendly
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2019 at 07:55 PM
Dog Friendly

1. Is the Hotel Mission Santa Maria in San Quintin still dog friendly and if so, are they charging for dogs?

2. Does Jardines still have dog rooms and do they charge for the dogs?

3. Is the Hotel La Huerta in San Ignacio dog friendly? And do they charge for dogs?

4. What is the current condition of the road out to the Lagoon?

5. It has been a while, so we no longer have our papers, so how much is the current tourist visa?

Just thinking, maybe and while we no longer have our Tommy Dog and Maggie, (RIP sweet babies and we will always miss you) , we now have our Tigger and Mazie. :-)

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2019 at 08:12 PM

Welcome back DianaT. Can't help with the accommodations since I don't bring the fur babies, but good luck and enjoy!!
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 07:34 AM

Hotel Jardines - yes.

We reserve in advance at all hotels because lots of folks are travelling with pets.

Baja dog friendly listing from Discover Baja:
https://www.discoverbaja.com/pet-friendly-hotels-baja/

Enjoy the journey,
W

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 07:38 AM

Sorry, but no more pets here:

3. Is the Hotel La Huerta in San Ignacio dog friendly? And do they charge for dogs?
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 08:16 AM

We just stayed at La Huerta in San Ignacio about six weeks ago and had no problems with our dogs. Actually, we had three couples in three rooms and two rooms were 'dog friendly rooms'. I think that we did pay a little extra.

We have stayed at the following hotels with our dogs and have found that each hotel has a finite number of 'dog friendly' rooms. After the designated rooms are full, the hotel may become non-dog "friendly".

Jardines - About seven rooms. Only the ground floor rooms around the little courtyard. (#1 to 7)

Mision Santa Maria - About six rooms. The last rooms to the left of the courtyard.

TerraSal - About ten rooms. Only the east side rooms of the first row of buildings to the right. (#101 to 110 or 112)

La Huerta - About four rooms. Only the ground floor rooms to the right side of the staircase.

Old La Pinta in San Ignacio - The last three rooms to the left of the courtyard.

Hotel Tripui - Just about any room but they prefer to put you in the ground floor rooms at the right end of building.

Bottom line - Call and make a reservation for a "dog friendly" room or the designated rooms may be full when you get there. (Especially important at Jardines)
billklaser
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 09:04 AM

We stay at Hotel Villa San Quintin, they have dog friendly rooms for a minor up-charge. It's all detailed on their website.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 09:31 AM

Please leave you dog at home.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 09:32 AM

Please explain why we should leave our dogs home.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 09:37 AM

Simple request. No explanation necessary.
You know why.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 09:43 AM

I decline your request and no, I don't know why.

George Bernard Shaw

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:00 AM

Your perogative and your ignorance.

RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

You have the option to request a 'non-dog' room. As posted above, most hotels 'dog friendly' rooms are a small percentage of their total number of rooms.

Kinda like the option of "smoking/non-smoking" rooms at a lot of hotels.

[Edited on 3-9-2019 by RnR]
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:06 AM

I think I will use this list to pick a non dog hotel.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:14 AM

Why don’t you like dogs?
What is wrong with you?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:16 AM

LOL, yes, I am also a dog lover... but when I stay at a hotel, I would be far more comfortable to know a dog, with who knows what crawling on them, was allowed to sleep on top of the bed. I know how clean or behaved my dog was, but I have no idea about someone else's.

These hotels in water-short Baja locations do not wash the spreads or blankets after every guest. They may not have over-sized machines in their town.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Howard
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:17 AM

That is your perogative.

Someone woke up on the grouchy side of the bed calling someone ignorant for wanting to travel with their dog.

At least you finally do have an opinion on something as most of your posts are the most wishy washy posts on this board. Congratulations, you have actually made up your mind on something without agonizing over your decision.

Woof, woof.

[Edited on 3-9-2019 by Howard]

George Bernard Shaw

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Why don’t you like dogs?
What is wrong with you?

I like dogs so I guess that means nothing is wrong with me by your logic

AguaDulce
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:22 AM

My Dog always goes to baja. I have a dog bed in my truck and she sleeps on it. I know the dog friendly hotels when I use one .I camp more than use hotels. When the hotel is slow and my group wants a certain hotel I show the owner the bed and have never been turned down. She sleeps on the floor.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:42 AM

To the ones who took the time to post good hotel information, I thank you VERY MUCH. It is very much appreciated. It is obviously more limited and difficult than in years past. We usually don't make any reservations, but it looks like if we do decide to go, we will need the reservations for our pups. And BajaParrothead, thanks for the welcome. :biggrin:

I obtained the very up to date road information from one of the Talk Baja Facebook sites which is a good thing.

Fishbuck and David K, thank you very much for making me remember why I seldom visit this forum any more. :D
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
To the ones who took the time to post good hotel information, I thank you VERY MUCH. It is very much appreciated. It is obviously more limited and difficult than in years past. We usually don't make any reservations, but it looks like if we do decide to go, we will need the reservations for our pups. And BajaParrothead, thanks for the welcome. :biggrin:

I obtained the very up to date road information from one of the Talk Baja Facebook sites which is a good thing.

Fishbuck and David K, thank you very much for making me remember why I seldom visit this forum any more. :D

well said mrs T :coolup:
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.