Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Dog Friendly
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 10:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

When I travel, I rather stay in a hotel room that's not dog friendly, but that's just me.

Me too. Asked to see the dog room at Villas SQ. Tile floor vs. carpeting. Guess the windows were closed -- I was bowled over by the kennel smell. I would never stay in a dog room. But that's just me.

I see all rooms as dog rooms if negotiated properly. Just how I do it.

Worse case scenario, my fearless search and recovery Lab sleeps in my SUV. Not a problem.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Fishbuck and David K, thank you very much for making me remember why I seldom visit this forum any more. :D

You guys happy now? See what you're causing?

(Still love ya DK. Drinks are still on me.)

I am happy that the filthiness of dogs in hotels is being discussed.
But I will be happier if i figure out how to stay out of filthy dog hotels.
Thank you for askig Lee.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 01:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Fishbuck and David K, thank you very much for making me remember why I seldom visit this forum any more. :D
[/rquote]

well saigd indeed.

It has to do about being positive or being a troll. Be positive pormote this board, it IS failing and will die without positive and instructive information to legitimate questions . Please respond with usefull answers or STFU

[Edited on 3-11-2019 by freediverbrian]

1)Who cares?

2) How do you ,Freediverbrian, decide that you have the right or authority to tell me or anyone else how to think or act.

Even if you say please it is still rude, offensive, and wrong.

You have a right to free speech but do not have the right to impose your views on others.

This is a discussion board. We are all equals here.
Except Doug.
He is the actual owner and has private proprty rights we don't have.
We are all his guests here.

[Edited on 3-11-2019 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 01:23 PM

Therapy dogs can spread superbugs to kids, hospital finds
One U.S. health official said the findings add to the growing understanding that while interactions with pets and therapy animals can be beneficial, they can also carry risk.

"Whether covered in fur, feathers or scales, animals have the potential to carry germs that make people sick," said Casey Barton Behravesh of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

But there have been episodes of the superbug MRSA riding around on healthy-looking therapy dogs.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 02:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

"Whether covered in fur, feathers or scales, animals have the potential to carry germs that make people sick," said Casey Barton Behravesh of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Always good to travel with Imodium (loperamide) and Pepto-Bismol or Kaopectate. Also carry amoxicillin.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 03:00 PM

Spoken like a true UNITITED STATES of AMERICA MARINE.
Semper fidelis.
Incidently, those over the counter remedies don't work on alot things.
But the superbugs in you won't have diarrhea. So atleast you have that going for you...

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 06:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

well saigd indeed.[/rquo

This board IS dieing ,David has to bump old posts to have new material to read And it is because of the negative attitude on this board . I am sorry if I came off too strong but I think this board can add good and useful information, but too many times it sinks to the gutter and many baja travelers looking for good and current information are turned off my the vile on this board. I am all for free speech but PLEASE turn the retoric down so Baja Nomad can survive.

It has to do about being positive or being a troll. Be positive pormote this board, it IS failing and will die without positive and instructive information to legitimate questions . Please respond with usefull answers or STFU

[Edited on 3-11-2019 by freediverbrian]

1)Who cares?

2) How do you ,Freediverbrian, decide that you have the right or authority to tell me or anyone else how to think or act.

Even if you say please it is still rude, offensive, and wrong.

You have a right to free speech but do not have the right to impose your views on others.

This is a discussion board. We are all equals here.
Except Doug.
He is the actual owner and has private proprty rights we don't have.
We are all his guests here.

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 09:30 PM

Baja Cactus in El Rosario, The hotel in Catavina and TerraSal all have dog friendly rooms. I have stayed at La Huerta in San Ignacio - was previously dog friendly, did not know they no longer allow dogs. I ALWAYS put my own very large cover on the bed (and slip edge over the top edge) so as to keep other dog hairs off me and my dog hairs off the hotel's bed. I hear Rice and Beans in San Ignacio is dog friendly too. Most places have an uncharge for dogs as well as designated dog rooms.
While flying is sometimes an option, I choose to drive because 1.) I love the drive and 2.) I will never ever suffer my dog to fly again.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 10:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

As an improvement to our overall experience on this site: maybe we should refrain from putting in our personal opinions when someone asks a question, and simply answer the question!

What was the original question? Ah yes - where can you stay if you're traveling with a dog? It kind of got lost with all the comments. Posts often lead to conversations and that isn't necessarily bad I think. Sometimes the poster doesn't like where it goes though. If you're a major dog lover it might be unpleasant to be reminded that not everybody likes sleeping in a room that has had a dog in it recently.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 04:15 PM

To those hotels already mentioned here I would add:

Terra Sol in GN - they have allowed pets in the past. All their rooms are on the ground floor, and exit directly into the parking area, making off-hour walks easier/less disruptive to adjacent guests than some other properties.

IMO- One of the joys of travel in Baja is sharing the trip with friends & family, including pets. And while I worry about germs and cleanliness at hotels in general- whether they allow dogs or not- that doesn't stop us from traveling.

We always take reasonable precautions to stay healthy, and avoid making matter worse when travelling with a dog. Over the years I've stayed in most of the hotels mentioned here, and had a dog on most of those trips.

Years ago our companion was a large black lab (DEP), more recently a small gray poodle. I explain to the hotel operators a key advantage of poodles: they don't shed.

Still- I carry a fleece travel blanket- and most of the time, both of us sleep on top of it. If it's cold: I bring in the sleeping bags.

Finally: I have found most hotels are willing to accept well-behaved dogs (esp smaller ones) if you ask nicely, even if signs state otherwise. That happened once in GN, after a mishap inside my camper made it impossible to sleep inside while parked in the RV area behind Mallarimo.

The staff allowed me to stay in a room with the aforementioned poodle. It was low season, so there were plenty of rooms available.

So- it never hurts to ask.

(The photo shows her enjoying Copa Mundial in Cabo Pulmo a few years ago- there were other dogs in the cafe as well)

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 04:53 PM

I go to the front desk with my 4lb Yorkie under my arm and ask"are pets ok"? After they say yes I bring in the Baja dog and cats. But don't despair, they don't sleep on the bed..😏

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 05:07 PM

Ha! We've been tempted to adopt a few of those Baja dogs as well...so far: they have stayed at the beach.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.