Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: American killed in motorcycle crash in Eréndira
CLathrop
Banned

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 02:29 PM
American killed in motorcycle crash in Eréndira

James Alan Libby, 64 years old, was killed when his motorcycle skidded into a truck on the road to Eréndira. He was run over and dragged 70 feet. He was riding a black and white 2017 KTM.

https://www.elvigia.net/911/2019/3/11/fallece-motociclista-arrollado-en-carretera-de-erendira-323710.htm
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 02:32 PM

link doesn't work
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 02:49 PM

Oops, someone applying archaic Microsoft rules. Try this: https://www.elvigia.net/911/2019/3/11/fallece-motociclista-a...

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 02:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
link doesn't work

It looks like the link is missing the trailing "l" in "html". Try https://www.elvigia.net/911/2019/3/11/fallece-motociclista-arrollado-en-carretera-de-erendira-323710.html instead.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 08:39 PM

As reported from people at this place. Anyone that knows this paved road. There are 3 turns that you need very slow speed. It was reported that he crossed over centerline hit propane truck. Same driver that delivers in my town. When I ride Moto or truck I perfer to take off road route as much safer . Godspeed.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 10:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
As reported from people at this place. Anyone that knows this paved road. There are 3 turns that you need very slow speed. It was reported that he crossed over centerline hit propane truck. Same driver that delivers in my town. When I ride Moto or truck I perfer to take off road route as much safer . Godspeed.

Damn good advice on both counts. Take blind corners slow and keep it off road when you can. Trucks always win. DEP.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 3-12-2019 at 09:18 AM

Very sad news. A late mod. KTM is a handful and requires a skillful rider.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2019 at 09:33 AM

These curves come up very quick if the sign says slow to 20k . You need half that as the driver going other way is Hazzard. Many wrecks on these turns.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-12-2019 at 10:27 AM

went in too hot and stood it up:( so sad RIP amigo. story says 11:52, do we know if this was noon or midnight?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2019 at 10:44 AM

It was daytime as I was on dirt bike ride till noon that day . A Mexican amigo called me after 1:00 .to check on my well being as he saw me take off in morning with other bikes. His report from from accident was red bike with led light hit blue Dodge pickup . Since I own both that is why he called. That was not correct as other person on that road at time of accident. Reported other wise.Any accident very sad indeed
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2019 at 11:20 AM

It was daytime as I was on dirt bike ride till noon that day . A Mexican amigo called me after 1:00 .to check on my well being as he saw me take off in morning with other bikes. His report from from accident was red bike with led light hit blue Dodge pickup . Since I own both that is why he called. That was not correct as other person on that road at time of accident. Reported other wise.Any accident very sad indeed

:( rain slick road Larry? drizzled all day in rosarito
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2019 at 03:01 PM

It did rain that day we where riding. I was told today the rider rode Baja 18 years knew that road. Was hi speed accident. The blue ram pick up was also in accident one other rider hit but ok. Don't quote me on that.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2019 at 03:04 PM

As far as I late ktm 500 a handful true but wreck on paved road. Easy to ride long as it does not break down.
weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 07:55 AM

As far as I late ktm 500 a handful true but wreck on paved road. Easy to ride long as it does not break down.

I know nothing about the experience level of the unfortunate rider. I do know my own and it is significant. ANY 500cc modern dirt bike is a handful, not easy to ride, especially on pavement at high speed in corners. It was not intended for this purpose. Sorry if I come out too strong here but I have stories.

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  

I know nothing about the experience level of the unfortunate rider. I do know my own and it is significant. ANY 500cc modern dirt bike is a handful, not easy to ride, especially on pavement at high speed in corners. It was not intended for this purpose. Sorry if I come out too strong here but I have stories.

This^. Been riding dirt bikes since the early 70's and what he says is spot on.

Making America Great Again
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 07:11 PM
Simple Story

For whatever reason, rider screwed up.

It happens everyday.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2019 at 07:47 PM

I have a 50hp 450 even I like my 250 better everywhere. There is no problem I can see riding on the street. Ever hear slow and easy even more slow and easy Mexico. I was riding the same day the accident happed. At that time it was raining dirt bike paved road super slow please.
weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 08:42 AM

Simple accident maybe simple story not. Putting "rider" in your nom de plume does not an expert make. A reasonabe experienced rider would tell you that riding a dirt bike on pavement IS a problem. The bike, the suspension, the tires are not designed for that. Normally this is not a problem - the key word being normally. This opens up a whole can of worms involving the whole motorcycle industry, especially Harley. In their eagerness to make a buck bikes are being sold to unknowing victims. The problem starts with the first challenging turn they come to. I have stories. Stories about dead people.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 10:09 AM
A REASONABLE Rider .................

Personal experience in decades ('60s-'70s-'80s) of riding on and off-road North or South of the border and witnessing others daily (especially the 29 Palms Marines) would indicate that a reasonable (read responsible) rider is pretty much an oxymoron.

And that included (in my younger frequent riding) ME. Which included a few contacts with the ground. Fortunately, without serious contact with other vehicles.
weebray
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 08:28 AM

Riding a scoot is dangerous. It requires you be alert and oriented X10. The MSF course is only a peek into the world of riding. I do not recommend it for "styling". If you are going to ride spend a few days, at least, on a small displacement bike in the dirt. After you fall off a dozen times you will have acquired skills transferable to the street. It may save your life, it did mine. Mind you I did not heed this advice. Fortunately, I was too young for a license and snuck out my brothers 441 Victor to hill climb. I learned the hard way.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.