BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Driving, riding and dogs on the beach....
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 08:35 AM
Driving, riding and dogs on the beach....

Where would I look for the definitive answers to my questions? Not heresy and opinions, but actual rules/laws.
Can you drive a car or atv/motorcycle on the beach in Baja?
Can you let your dog run free?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I like beer, better than most people.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 08:57 AM

no use of any motor vehicle is allowed in Mexico
many do it anyway - I know
but it is against the law

don't know about dogs

Harald Pietschmann
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 09:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  
Where would I look for the definitive answers to my questions? Not heresy and opinions, but actual rules/laws.....

Heresy ....or hearsay???

Nomads are pretty good at the hearsay stuff....the heresy stuff gets stirred up when folks say things like "Mama Espinoza's has good food" ... ;)

[Edited on 3-14-2019 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 09:55 AM

It depends a lot on the beach. In a populated area you could get in trouble but in the middle of nowhere. In San Felipe at Pete's Camp people drive on the beach all the time. David K drives on Shell Beach all the time.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
It depends a lot on the beach. In a populated area you could get in trouble but in the middle of nowhere. In San Felipe at Pete's Camp people drive on the beach all the time. David K drives on Shell Beach all the time.

like I said - people do it. I do it. But it is still against the law. Wait until the cops get tired of pulling you over in town.

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 11:12 AM

I have never driven on Shell Beach.
I parked next to Russ's truck when I went there.
Over on the Pacific side, there are beaches the entire town drives on.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 03:22 PM

I'm sure TMW meant the beach of which you call Shell Island.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 03:35 PM

I'm sure, too... :biggrin::light:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 04:47 PM

Legally? No, and no.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 07:23 PM

I call Asuncion, Dog town. There are dogs everywhere. None of them are on a leash. You see them crossing the road as you driving anywhere or just laying in the middle of it. And they seem upset when they have to get up to let your car pass.

It's dog heaven over here. They have their own gatherings and events. You'll see a bunch of them racing over to meet up with others for whatever dogs get excited about. The interesting thing is that they never seem to get into fights. They all get along just fine. It's hard to figure out who their owners are sometimes. But they all seem to be well fed so they must get their food somewhere.

I think their general good disposition is due to the freedom they've been given here. They lead stressless lives. And the town folks love having dogs around. It's just natural to have a dog here. Cats, however, don't seem to be prized as much. Can't tell you why.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 07:41 PM

It depends where on the beach. South of Santa Tomas I ride the beaches Moto or truck. Would any cop of any kind bother you. never no worry's as far as quoting laws in Mexico Jaja
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 08:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I'm sure, too... :biggrin::light:

So it is illegal. Why do you promote it?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 08:41 PM

isn't that one of the attractions of Baja?
You just do whatever you want (for now)
but of course you complain when gates pop up and beaches are blocked
enjoy while it lasts

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 09:11 PM

Where did I promote it? Some locations require 4WD to get to as there are no roads. A primary reason I go to Baja and own a 4WD is to visit Shell Island, as I have most years since 1978. If I stop going to Baja the hundreds of others who drive on that beach are not going to magically stop. Thanks for your concern. Maybe I won't go back ever again? Just don't know about the future.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-14-2019 at 11:06 PM

If I stop going to Baja the hundreds of others who drive on that beach are not going to magically stop.

If everybody else is doing it, it must is OK. Two wrongs make a right.

:no:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SunDevil
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 06:57 AM

Vehicles that are launching boats seem to be allowed. There might be other exceptions to the rule.

A lot of people say this is the law, but I have not seen a link to the text for this law so who knows.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 08:36 AM

Douglas P wrote: "Not heresy and opinions, but actual rules/laws. Can you drive a car or atv/motorcycle on the beach in Baja?"

I doubt Doug, is going to get his actual questions answered, because he wants the actual rules, and laws.

We are talking about "Baja Nomad" where linking actual rules and laws is rarely done, and we are talking about Mexico, where not everything is done according to the rules or laws, especially where there is often decriminalization, nothing on the books, or there are de facto practices among the locals or tourists.

Doug's question is also overly broad because the large area of the Baja ocean shore.

It would be like me asking when I can I engage in nude sunbathing in California, and demanding to see the actual laws on the book.

It's probably best to just do a Google search, or ask Baja members where they do fun things without worrying about the actual laws.....but that's just me.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 08:41 AM

Let's also hear from people who drive faster than 80 KPH when that is the posted maximum speed! Lawbreakers!!

bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 09:56 AM

Where did I promote it? Some locations require 4WD to get to as there are no roads. A primary reason I go to Baja and own a 4WD is to visit Shell Island, as I have most years since 1978. If I stop going to Baja the hundreds of others who drive on that beach are not going to magically stop. Thanks for your concern. Maybe I won't go back ever again? Just don't know about the future.

To Honored Nomad David K:
I wonder how many turtle nests you have destroyed over the years driving on beaches of Baja? The reason for this Federal law is to protect endangered ground nesting birds and turtle nests........NOT VERY HONORABLE!-----Lawbreaker......

I hear the whales song
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 10:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
no use of any motor vehicle is allowed in Mexico
don't know about dogs

I'll go with the above quote, once read of no vehicles on the
so. of Ensenada, Punta Banda area, the Municipality of
Ensenada runs from all the way to Guerro Negro, up to
a little so. of San Felipe. In San Felipe, there are signs
saying no vehicles on beach. Wouldn't be concerned
re: dogs. While riding a bicycle around town, being
chased by dogs is always a thrill

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.