BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Driving, riding and dogs on the beach....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 10:37 AM

No turtle nesting in the region until about 2 years ago when nests were first spotted about 5 miles south.

I am well aware of what a turtle nest site looks like.

I have shown that correctly deflated tires on a 4x4 vehicle actually are less intrusive than adult human footprints (which goes deeper into the sand). So, if you want to not disturb buried eggs, best to drive the beach and not walk on it!

I go camping on that beach usually just once a year, and I drive to my camp and park there than leave. I may go on a shell hunt if my wife wants to and that is at low tide, on the wet, firm sand.... In the meantime, every day both Mexican fishermen checking their gill nets and recreational off-roaders from Rancho Percebu or other campos make driving along the beach a regular occurrence.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 02:31 PM

Are there any beaches you can ride a dirt bike naked, legally? Naked except helmet and boots, of course.

I like beer, better than most people.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 05:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  
Are there any beaches you can ride a dirt bike naked, legally? Naked except helmet and boots, of course.
. All you want because nobody there.
PamelaP

Mood: Better in Baja! With wine of course!

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 05:54 PM

When Douglas stated he could not find any laws or rules to clarify driving/riding and dogs on the beach, do you suppose it was because he had already done an extensive search on the internet...Just saying!

Is there wine?
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 09:11 PM

I'm not a traffic cop but it seems we have a lot members here that have no respect for Mexico, it's natural resources, or the enviroment., and the animals.

And they think they own this joint too!

I'm sorry most ex-pats and travelers to Mexico, don't ride around on dirt bikes like teen boys.

Tell you what. Don't let the government tell you what to do. Ride your bikes without a helmet.

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 09:38 PM

Well chit, was hoping to get pointed towards some legit info, should have known better. Carry on.....

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-15-2019 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  
Well chit, was hoping to get pointed towards some legit info, should have known better. Carry on.....

Smart people can usually figure out what to do in different situations. You’ll know what to do when you get there. Don’t over think it. Go, have fun, you’ll be fine.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 08:28 AM

Tires make a continuous, wide trek through the sand, squashing everything underneath it. Hard to compare to foot prints. Unless you are intent on doing whatever pleases you regardless of law, especially in someone else's country.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 09:15 AM

Camping on the beach has been the main reason I began going to Baja, well before you were probably born. Owning a 4WD vehicle so I could camp where I wanted to is also something I have done most of my life. There are no dirt roads to the place I camp, but in actuality, where cars drive is, in essence, a road and the hundreds of tracks I see above the high tide line tell me that the route I use to go camping is a sand road. My one trip a year to camp there is hardly worth any loss of sleep by your need to tell me how I should enjoy life.
:light: You should spend time with the people who plan to DESTROY the beach near my camp area by building a harbor there and a golf course, etc. The dredging alone will kill countless sea creatures.
>> http://www.bajarealestategroup.net/News/Baja_News/Mega-Devel...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 10:00 AM

a golf course? maybe there will be a reason to go there?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 11:34 AM

Actually, you are incorrect. Any legal resident can own a firearm in Mexico.....it's the law

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Quote the law in Mexico start with no guns himmmm every bad guy has one.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 03:42 PM

DouglasP, It is really surprising how few folks actually run the beach here with at least one UTV or ATV in every garage. Last I heard it is not legal to ride the beaches around here. You'll have to use your own judgement where to ride though. I think instead of all the rants on riding the beaches it would better to rant about the netting by large and small boats through out Baja & Mexico.
Off Topic: Don't answer the obtuse posters . It makes them feel legitimate.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 08:59 PM

Just keep your dog on a leash when you pass our camp, we have a cat on leash. Also don't assume that eveyone else likes your dog, or likes your dog to chit all over the beach. It is not illegal to clean up after it. And dogs that charge out barking after people walking or byclying by are not cool. Just common etiquette.

'Camped at Playa Escondida on our way down and the rule there is no dogs off leash.

RV's line the beaches in many places, although some are now cabeling off the immediate beach, back 20 meters from high tide.
DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 09:03 PM

Hey Russ, yeah I was kinda asking about Punta Chivato, in a round about way. Othe beaches too, though. It would be cool if I could find written law. Been doing a lot of digging, no luck.
Off topic, I hear ya, I'm getting better at ignoring the "Richard craniums".

When are you coming back down?

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 09:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Camping on the beach has been the main reason I began going to Baja, well before you were probably born. Owning a 4WD vehicle so I could camp where I wanted to is also something I have done most of my life. There are no dirt roads to the place I camp, but in actuality, where cars drive is, in essence, a road and the hundreds of tracks I see above the high tide line tell me that the route I use to go camping is a sand road. My one trip a year to camp there is hardly worth any loss of sleep by your need to tell me how I should enjoy life.
:light: You should spend time with the people who plan to DESTROY the beach near my camp area by building a harbor there and a golf course, etc. The dredging alone will kill countless sea creatures.

In other words..Baja is your private play ground where you can ignore laws and the legal residents that make them. Shame.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 09:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

In other words..Baja is your private play ground where you can ignore laws and the legal residents that make them. Shame.

Nope, I have shared the beauty of Shell Island and other places freely with you all and welcome anyone, anytime to enjoy these places. Just the opposite of a private playground and I don't tell you how to enjoy yourselves.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 10:00 AM

:light: You should spend time with the people who plan to I'm inDESTROY the beach near my camp area by building a harbor there and a golf course, etc. The dredging alone will kill countless sea creatures.

. since you live here how could you be so clueless about Mexico?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 10:17 AM

exactly my thinking.

Harald Pietschmann
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 11:00 AM

fortunately he's only here once a year.......:coolup:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 11:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Actually, you are incorrect. Any legal resident can own a firearm in Mexico.....it's the law

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Quote the law in Mexico start with no guns himmmm every bad guy has one.
. Ok you are correct but not real . As 90 per cent that have a gun and no permission.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.