BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Machete Bandits (from BPE)
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-21-2019 at 08:33 AM
Machete Bandits (from BPE)

Machete bandits struck again In Los Barriles...Cops caught two...They entered the catch and release program..and are out..From todays BPE
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-21-2019 at 09:16 AM
MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2019 at 05:00 PM

Classic huh?

We had a prowler in the park a couple days ago.
Machete by the bedside now.

Wish you were here for cheviche and Pacificos at El Patron. Those were (and still are) good times.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2019 at 05:45 PM

Aint like it used to be....Good hearing from you Al..
Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2019 at 07:00 PM

From BPE (Baja Pony Express):
Quote:
THURSDAY, MARCH 21, 2019 – #3007

The Machete Bandits attempted another robbery this past Monday. The incident occurred near Calle de Panteon & Treinta de Febrero during daylight hours. There were two men in the yard and a third posted as a lookout. Our Mexican neighbor saw the activity and contacted the police. The police apprehended two of the men, the “look out” ran off. The police took the two into custody but were released. (received from a very reliable source but…I do not have any other information.)

Posted on FB Everything Los Barriles by Ron McRae: Ronald MacRae The bad guys were held in Jail for 24 hours. They did not enter property, which is a crime. They were caught outside the property, a misdemeanor, and were held for 24 hours in our local jail. When they were released the police took them to Buena Vista ( a different County)… and told them not to return to Los Barriles. We have their photos…. they are defiantly NOT locals. ….
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2019 at 09:54 PM

Please be vigilant
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 04:39 AM

Its going to get worse, until the culprits start getting punished for it.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 08:16 AM

The $64 peso question is were the machete bandits, arrested with a machete in hand?

Exactly where were the machete bandits when they were arrested?

Were they inside a fenced property with machete in hand?

Were they outside private property?

If they were outside private property exactly what was the crime they committed?

Were the alleged machete bandits tied to that other recent 3rd party report about Mexican machete wielding robber with a wiry build who robbed a couple in Los Barriles?

If the alleged machete bandits, were caught with a machete in hand, and at least of one of the duo was tied to the other machete home robbery.

I would think the local police would have enough information to arrest and convict these two alleged robbers, and would not have to arrest and release them on some type of trespassing charge.

I'm sorry Chuckie, but I'm going to need a lot more information on these alleged crimes, before I panic and become really scared about visiting or living in Mexico/Baja.

What are your sources you are using Chuckie, Pony Express, Facebook, or is somebody feeding you these reports?

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 11:17 AM

Thank you for your input!
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 04:38 PM

http://www.thebajaponyexpress.com/wp/2019/03/21/3-21-19-two-...

[Edited on 3-22-2019 by BajaParrothead]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 04:59 PM

According to Lucy, on, "Everything Los Barriles," on Facebook, two Mexican guys were busted and one with a machete? Lucy then went on to say the two Mexican alleged robbers with a machete were arrested trying to break into her neighbors house.

Lucy's, take is completely different than Ronald's post on the same Facebook forum?

Chucky, how do you reconcile the two different reports on the same site?

And where is the machete?

From Everything Los Barriles:

Lucy wrote: "Two guys got busted ( one with a machete) in our neighborhood trying to break into our neighbors house. Local police were called, guys were arrested and police let them go???? WTH. Again, lock your doors when you leave, neighbors watch out for neighbors, take down info like description, clothing, vehicle or plate description, buy yourself a security camera with video options. This is so sad. Maybe a collective trip to the delegation is in order. Anyone have any better suggestions?"

Ronald wrote: "The bad guys were held in Jail for 24 hours. They did not enter property, which is a crime. They were caught outside the property, a misdemeanor, and were held for 24 hours in our local jail. When they were released the police took them to Buena Vista ( a different County)... and told them not to return to Los Barriles. We have their photos.... they are definently NOT locals. .."

[Edited on 3-23-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 08:27 AM

Here is a photo of one of the Los Barriles, machete wielding alleged suspect.

I have mixed emotions here, on one hand, the police didn't' take a photo with the suspect's machete, which is something the police/press almost always do in the local Mexican papers. So I'm wondering if there ever was a machete?

On the other hand, this is one tiny small Mexican dude, and if he tried to rob me I might laugh first, unless he had a gun, big knife, or machete.

It could be because of this Mexican puny size he might try to overcompensate for being runty by bringing a machete to a robbery, kinda like some guys buying big powerful guns to overcompensate for their smallness in height or other areas of their body.

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 09:22 AM

He does fit that "wirey" description from the first robbery where the victims were zip tied.
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 12:30 PM

if that guy tried to rob me there would be a murder for sure....NOT MINE

Derek
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 12:35 PM

He could lift a machete?
He must have been trying to steal food. I don't think he has eaten... ever...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 12:43 PM

You can’t possibly think you will get a response to any of same questions you ask in every thread you respond to as if you are a defense attorney? Doesn’t it ever get old?

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
According to Lucy, on, "Everything Los Barriles," on Facebook, two Mexican guys were busted and one with a machete? Lucy then went on to say the two Mexican alleged robbers with a machete were arrested trying to break into her neighbors house.

Lucy's, take is completely different than Ronald's post on the same Facebook forum?

Chucky, how do you reconcile the two different reports on the same site?

And where is the machete?

From Everything Los Barriles:

Lucy wrote: "Two guys got busted ( one with a machete) in our neighborhood trying to break into our neighbors house. Local police were called, guys were arrested and police let them go???? WTH. Again, lock your doors when you leave, neighbors watch out for neighbors, take down info like description, clothing, vehicle or plate description, buy yourself a security camera with video options. This is so sad. Maybe a collective trip to the delegation is in order. Anyone have any better suggestions?"

Ronald wrote: "The bad guys were held in Jail for 24 hours. They did not enter property, which is a crime. They were caught outside the property, a misdemeanor, and were held for 24 hours in our local jail. When they were released the police took them to Buena Vista ( a different County)... and told them not to return to Los Barriles. We have their photos.... they are definently NOT locals. .."

[Edited on 3-23-2019 by JoeJustJoe]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 01:13 PM

Baja Parrothead, I suppose it's a close enough of a physical description that gets the word out to be concerned about a small built Mexican robber, but if you ask me, I would not exactly call him wirey. Bruce Lee, is wirey, this Mexican suspect in the photo, looks malnourished, weak, and scared.

I have my doubts if he could even pick up and swing that machete.

Could these scary reports be exaggerated as they go to person to person?

If this alleged machete robber was caught in the act on private property with a machete on hand, you would think the local Mexican police could have done better than a 24 hour hold in jail, and then a warning to get out of Dodge and never come back.

Quote: Originally posted by BajaParrothead  
He does fit that "wirey" description from the first robbery where the victims were zip tied.

Also from " Baja Pony Express."

d. This is a community safety announcement.

A recent armed robbery occurred in Los Barriles that I believe all should be made aware of. Several nights ago, around 6:30 pm, a couple heard a knock on their door in Buenos Aires area. When the man looked out, he did not see anyone. after a moment, he heard a second knock, and went out a different door to look around. When he went around the back of the house, he encountered a latino male, not tall, with a wiry build, armed with a machete.

The suspect used zip ties to secure the man’s wrists. He said he wanted money and credit cards. When the man did not return to the house, his wife went out to look for him, and her wrists were also zip tied.

They gave him their money and credit cards, and at his insistence, their PIN number. He had at first said he wouldn’t hurt them, but then said if they reported to the police or canceled their cards he would return and kill them.

It cannot be stressed enough that they did exactly the right thing in giving him what he wanted. No amount of money is worth the risk of injury or worse. In the interest of community safety I feel it is important for everyone to be watchful of any unusual behavior, and Do Not answer your door unless you know for sure who it is. (I am so sorry to have to print this but we do need to know. Cheryl)

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 02:02 PM

Thank you for your input!
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 02:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Here is a photo of one of the Los Barriles, machete wielding alleged suspect.

I have mixed emotions here, on one hand, the police didn't' take a photo with the suspect's machete, which is something the police/press almost always do in the local Mexican papers. So I'm wondering if there ever was a machete?

On the other hand, this is one tiny small Mexican dude, and if he tried to rob me I might laugh first, unless he had a gun, big knife, or machete.

It could be because of this Mexican puny size he might try to overcompensate for being runty by bringing a machete to a robbery, kinda like some guys buying big powerful guns to overcompensate for their smallness in height or other areas of their body.

Will someone pkease give this guy a taco and send him to rehab.
And please don't create more of this type of human.
Love your people please.
This was the cutest little baby in his moms arms once...
All men ARE created equal... that is a fact...
He doen't look loved. Shame on you.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 06:35 PM

rquote=1154603&tid=92463&author=LancairDriver]You can’t possibly think you will get a response to any of same questions you ask in every thread you respond to as if you are a defense attorney? Doesn’t it ever get old?

][/rquote]

I see myself more like a forensic detective looking at the clues and I never get tired of it.

I might ask the same thing to a few around here that always beleive anything they read on the internet without question even when they know when a story or rumor gets passed around that by the time it gets to the 10th person the story is completely changed.

I think something happend here but I have real doubts if a machete was used in a robbery.

Regarding the little skinny Mexican putting the hurt on JoeJustJoe. Lets just say I would be a lot more scared of him than I am with any current or ex-Nomad members who over the years made physical threats towards me and there have been many.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2019 at 04:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Lets not forget our Veterans and Seniors....and farmers & ranchers....stay well

I agree, and thank you.

John
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.