Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Road side service
john
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 07:03 PM
Road side service

Are there any emergency road side services similar to AAA like they have here in the states in Baja

In case of a break down and you need a tow
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 07:14 PM

Are the Green Angels still around?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 07:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Are the Green Angels still around?

Yes. Their trucks are now white, and not as noticeable on the highway.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 07:59 PM

but they drive very slow and will find you

Harald Pietschmann
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2019 at 09:52 PM

When I was a wee lad in the early 1960's I recall watching the green angels rolling up and helping my mother with a tire change on the libre south of Rosarito. I though they were awesome.

About 2 years ago we were heading to Ensenada in our friends partially restored 1963 Wagoneer for some seafood. As we entered the south bound toll road at La Mision I commented that the Green angels were parked at La Fonda having Sunday Brunch. About 5 miles down the road a tire blew and we discovered the lug wrench was not in the vehicle. I called 078 on my phone and told the operator our location and that we need assistance with a flat tire. He told me that there were two trucks on patrol, one southbound and one north and it may be up to two hours before help would arrive. I said that I had just seen both trucks parked at La Fonda and maybe he could see if they are done with brunch. Driver showed up in about 15 minutes and put on the spare which was heavily compromised, I joked that it was the original and asked if the driver could follow us to tire shop in town.

He did recommend a llantera a couple blocks east of Mariscos La Guerrerense which was our intended destination in the first place. We limped into town and my buddy ended up making a great deal on four brand new tires and a new spare. We hoofed it over to have some tostadas while they mounted the new rubber and another day was saved by Los Angeles Verdes. They are still awesome. IMHO.
:saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 07:04 AM

More likely you'll be at the mercy of other travelers. Bring a tow strap. The case might be that you get a lift into the next town where you can find the necessary help. Plan for the worst case scenario and have a plan for that. If luck shines upon you, all the better.
john
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 09:32 AM
Road side service

Are there any emergency road side services similar to AAA like they have here in the states in Baja

In case of a break down and you need a tow
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 09:37 AM

No

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 09:41 AM

I though Ron (Baja Gringo/ Talk Baja) had one he promoted?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 10:26 AM

green angels (078)
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 10:39 AM

No. Most of the Baja territory isn't even covered with cell phone service, how are you going to call the service :)?

Green Angels are available on the toll highway btw Tijuana and Ensenada.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 11:06 AM

green angels operate all over mexico, if in distress leave your hood up;)
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 11:19 AM
From www.vivabaja.com/404 (2004)

The 'Green Angels' are a fleet of trucks with mechanics to provide assistance to broken down tourists in Mexico. As we passed, jide took a photo of a tourist towing a broken down Green Angel!!!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 11:24 AM

sure looks like someones getting a push:?:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 12:18 PM

Here is their website. https://www.mexbound.com/mexico-road-routes

They cover 2396 KM in Baja and 1815 KM in Baja Sur.

Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 12:25 PM

In Baja Sur, the green angles are at 074. In the last few years, they have changed the colors on their trucks to more white than green. Makes them a little less recognizable but they are all over!! I see them every time I travel Mex 1 between La Paz and the northern border, over the last twenty years.

Happy trails

" Don't find fault, find a remedy; anyone can complain." Henry Ford

If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up to much space!

Just because it may not be a good idea does not mean it will not be fun!!!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 12:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
sure looks like someones getting a push:?:

I agree with you on that!

TW, look where they put Mulegé on that map!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Threads Merged
3-23-2019 at 01:05 PM
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 01:12 PM

I stand corrected, the Angels exist :)... Only I didn't see them in Baja Norte, except for the toll highway. Not much cell phone signal past El Rosario, either.
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 06:11 PM

I was wondering if the Green Angels were still around and saw them yesterday north of Loreto.

I laugh when I see the signs for 074 out in the middle of nowhere without cell service.

HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 07:26 PM

My insurance policy through Discover Baja includes travel assistance. I haven't had to use it but here are the terms they sent me -
Roadside Assistance
A. Basic Roadside Assistance
Regarding the insured vehicle by the policy, The Service Provider shall cover the following basic roadside
assistance within the Mexican Republic:
1. Lockout Service. If the Insured accidentally locks the keys inside the car, the Company shall send a
locksmith to open the car up. The parts’ cost to open the car, or to subsequently operate the car, will be the
responsibility of the Insured.
2. Emergency Fuel Service. If the insured vehicle runs out of fuel, The Service Provider will arrange the
necessary fuel to get to the next fuel station, to be delivered to the place where the Insured reports
he/she is The cost of the fuel must be paid by the Insured.
3. Flat Tire Service. The Service Provider will arrange to have the flat tire replaced with the spare tire of
the insured vehicle or have the tire inflated for trip continuation. In case the tire must be replaced, the
Insured must have a spare tire in good conditions.
4. Jumpstart Service. The Service Provider will send a mechanic or technician to jump start the
automobile. However, The Service Provider will not be responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle
or any electrical parts, nor systems due to the jump start.
Important Note: The Insured shall be present at the time the service technician is working on the insured
vehicle.
B. Towing Service and Service Payment
In case of an automobile accident or mechanical breakdown which does not allow movement of the
vehicle driven under the Insured’s responsibility, The Service Provider shall provide and cover the towing
service cost to the nearest repair shop within the city or state of the Mexican Republic in which the event
takes place up to a US$1,000 limit.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.