BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Thanks elgatoloco! K Valeria went to San Diego yesterday!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2019 at 09:22 PM
Thanks elgatoloco! K Valeria went to San Diego yesterday!

K Valeria is studying dentistry in TJ. She studied a lot of English with me before she ever went off to college. She has maintained all A's and B's in dental school and my dream is for her to open up her own clinic being able to converse with her future patients in English.

karla-valeria-dentistry-dec-20  A.jpg - 233kB

With that goal in mind, a while ago I asked for a sponsor and señor Elgatoloco was kind enough to sponsor her American visa! Thanks so much.

Karla Valeria visa application payment.jpg - 72kB

This past week she picked up her visa and yesterday she went to Old Town in San Diego with Betsy. Betsy speaks English really well, knows San Diego really well and was agreeable to showing K Valeria how to buy a trolley pass and take her to Old Town. I gave them cash to have lunch wherever they wanted (I suggested In and Out but forgot to ask where they ended up).

K Valeria says she loved the day. I thought I would share her first pictures.

karla-in-old-town-march-2019.jpg - 118kB

karla-by-old-town-sign.jpg - 169kB

She will be heading back to explore San Diego again soon, but we also have another plan that is in the works...she will intern with a dentist in the US, either this summer or next winter break. Cross your fingers and send the wish out to the universe everyone! Bajanomad Carl has gotten an OK from his dentist, now we have to figure out schedules since he is a very busy guy.

I am so thrilled that K Valeria can now add the USA to her memory bank!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2019 at 07:34 AM

Great news!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-24-2019 at 11:39 AM

Very cool!

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2019 at 12:12 PM

Thanks Blanca, great news for sure.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-18-2019 at 02:15 PM

A good friend of mine travels from Canada to Baja for dental work. Mexican dentists have a good reputation.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2019 at 06:55 PM

Very cool, love seeing the updates! I hope that the nomads on here that help out realize they are bettering the lives of many generations not just one person. Keep it up....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2019 at 12:00 PM

Oh, I think everyone realizes the impact! Every generation after our students will be educated.

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 10:26 AM

I missed seeing this post. K Valeria looks like she was having a good time. Great to hear she has an opportunity for an internship ahead of her. Mrs. EGL and I would welcome the chance to work on our rudimentary Spanish with her over lunch next time she makes it to town. :dudette:

Blanca you are really paying it forward! Safe travels to you and Les! :cool:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 05:42 AM

gracias señor, and where is "town" for you? San Diego? She would love to meet up!

Come visit La Bocana

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 07:29 PM

Sandy Eggo is home :dudette:

MAGA

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 09:45 PM

I PMd you.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2019 at 10:05 AM

I just got these shots from Karla Valeria

This one is at the beach in Mulege (spring break I presume)

Karla and iguana 2019.jpg - 98kB

and this is her working away this month. She says that the more she does dental work, the more she loves it!

kvaleria-may-2019.jpg - 184kB

It looks like she and elgatoloco might meet up and he will show her around san diego! She studies so hard and has kept her GPA up straight through all these years so this is a well-deserved break. THANKS so much and take lots of photos for us.

Come visit La Bocana

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2019 at 05:52 PM

The wife and I had a great time showing Valeria and her amiga and fellow dentist in the making around Sandy Eggo. Quick spin around Barrio Logan park for some mural viewing and history. OB for Hodad's hamburgers and a stroll near the playa for some people watching. Balboa Park for more people watching and a quick visit to the Nat. Mount Soledad for the views and a stop at our casa for a rest then off to the SD Tap Room for some pizza, pasta and craft brews. We dropped them at Ped West a bit before midnight so our carriage wouldn't turn into a pumpkin. The ladies were great fun to hang out with, funny, thoughtful, intelligent and motivated. They will be successful for sure. Thanks to Blanca for getting us together. Hope to do it again sometime. We told them next time we come to TJ for some fun. :dudette:

MAGA

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.