BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Stem Cells for Dummies
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-24-2019 at 11:26 AM
Stem Cells for Dummies

Until recently I dismissed stem cells in my medical practice for the most part. I have met patients who have had bad knees or could not walk who went down to Dr. Hino's clinic rather than go under the knife. Some stated he cured them but other patient claimed the opposite. So what exactly are stem cells? Stem cells are cells that become different parts of the body in the embryo. They are programmed to become a liver cell, or a brain cell, or a lung cell. Most stem cell treatments are taken from umbilical cord blood to treat patients. Yet how do these cells help adult humans?

Stem cells contain exosomes. Exosomes, once in circulation in the body, go to damaged areas of the body and start signaling the patient's immune system to respond to the damaged area and start repairing it. Embryonic stem cells contain many more of these exosomes but are generally not acceptable in Mexico due to ethical issues. However, they are not necessarily better. You can achieve the same results with cord blood. When the technology gets more refined, exosomes will be available without using stem cells.

Why is the technology in Mexico more advanced than the U.S.? Because the U.S. will not allow intravenous infusion of stem cells, yet Mexico will. This is because of FDA regulations that prohibit the use of stem cells systemically in the United States.

Stem cells are not hocus pocus, they are part of a specialty known as regenerative medicine. When you go to a stem cell clinic, they should have a regenerative medicine license on their wall as part of the requirements of COFEPRIS for protection of the patient under the regulations of the Secretary of Health in Mexico. Make sure the stem cells are screened by a valid laboratory for infectious diseases and actual cell count.

Using platelet rich plasma topically can regenerate skin and give a more youthful appearance and also for hair regeneration.

There are many exciting developments in the world of regenerative medicine.
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2019 at 12:26 PM

If you dont want to have this done in Mexico, theres an outfit in Marin Co called Regenexx. Reccomended to me by a doctor with Kaiser in the bay area. Her husband had his knees done to great sucess,and just had a "tune up" 6 years after. I had a lumbar treatment done with PLP(blood treated with a natural papaya I believe) from them and am thinking of going back for recent neck and migrane issues. Stem cell was pricey @ about $7k at the time but may be more reasonable now. The Mexico clinic I am sure is quite reasonable comaratively.
Daventec
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 08:26 AM

Thanks for the tip, hombre66! Will keep that in mind.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 09:22 AM

I am planning to open a spa so maybe I will use stem cells.
I will put my zonky to work on this right away.
A little out of his line but he was born on the streets of Tijuana so.. you know... he can find you anything!

Any other good health tips Doc?

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 03:53 PM

I have a friend who has spent over30K bucks on this treatment with no results....BEWARE
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 03:58 PM

Fishbuck: Don't add too much salt..Will you offer discounts for minors?
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 08:24 PM

We have an MD in San Felipe doing the stem cell treatment. Results for several friends are truly amazing. One woman went from difficulty walking to actively playing pickleball. Then there was another the got help, but he still is pretty crippled. He says life is better due to some improvement.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 08:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

Fishbreath ain't gonna offer nothin' to nobody, just throwing out his usual chum..... :barf:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 11:11 PM

No. You will have to get your minors elsewhere Chuckie...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-16-2019 at 11:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Fishbreath ain't gonna offer nothin' to nobody, just throwing out his usual chum..... :barf:

You ain't fishin if you ain't throwing bait...;)

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2019 at 06:29 AM

We sometimes watch programs on BBC that talk about some of the predictions they anticipate in the future. I imagine that someday, the medicine we practice today will be considered barbaric!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-17-2019 at 06:36 AM

Sounds like Bones (Dr. McCoy) on Star Trek!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 5-4-2019 at 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
Until recently I dismissed stem cells in my medical practice for the most part. I have met patients who have had bad knees or could not walk who went down to Dr. Hino's clinic rather than go under the knife. Some stated he cured them but other patient claimed the opposite. So what exactly are stem cells? Stem cells are cells that become different parts of the body in the embryo. They are programmed to become a liver cell, or a brain cell, or a lung cell. Most stem cell treatments are taken from umbilical cord blood to treat patients. Yet how do these cells help adult humans?

Stem cells contain exosomes. Exosomes, once in circulation in the body, go to damaged areas of the body and start signaling the patient's immune system to respond to the damaged area and start repairing it. Embryonic stem cells contain many more of these exosomes but are generally not acceptable in Mexico due to ethical issues. However, they are not necessarily better. You can achieve the same results with cord blood. When the technology gets more refined, exosomes will be available without using stem cells.

Why is the technology in Mexico more advanced than the U.S.? Because the U.S. will not allow intravenous infusion of stem cells, yet Mexico will. This is because of FDA regulations that prohibit the use of stem cells systemically in the United States.

Stem cells are not hocus pocus, they are part of a specialty known as regenerative medicine. When you go to a stem cell clinic, they should have a regenerative medicine license on their wall as part of the requirements of COFEPRIS for protection of the patient under the regulations of the Secretary of Health in Mexico. Make sure the stem cells are screened by a valid laboratory for infectious diseases and actual cell count.

Using platelet rich plasma topically can regenerate skin and give a more youthful appearance and also for hair regeneration.

There are many exciting developments in the world of regenerative medicine.

Is this your facility? Have you gone into stem cell work? Xochicalco has stem cell courses?

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 7-12-2019 at 11:16 AM

From the LA Times:

https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-stem-...
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-12-2019 at 11:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  
From the LA Times:

https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-stem-...

interesting....far as Sunset Medical, lets just say Janene has moved on.;)
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-10-2019 at 11:15 PM

Um Del Mar...I am still practicing medicine. What do you mean I have moved on? I still have my business. I am very busy as I have a full-time job in the US and run my clinic in Mexico on the weekends. My business in Mexico has no debts and is operating in the black.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.