Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: shooting and rioting in San Felipe
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 02:13 PM
shooting and rioting in San Felipe

Violence in San Felipe.
Video 1 maybe N of town. I see familiar surroundings
2nd video is at the new navy base just N of the marina.
https://www.lavozdelafrontera.com.mx/policiaca/video-se-enfr...
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 02:49 PM

Here are videos from facebook. I hope you can view them.
https://www.facebook.com/sunshine.rodriguezpena/videos/22995...
Takes place on the street just N of the marina showing the new navy base in the back ground. Lots of gun shots and smoke. If you speak Spanish it would be good.
No police presence, but several helicopters.

Another video
https://www.facebook.com/MedranoTV/videos/267295507549372/
Shown where the pangas were confiscated and burned
Location is the Marina
Another video
https://www.facebook.com/lacronicacom/videos/807473552952314...
Noted the navy go fast boats on fire.

KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 03:01 PM

write up with Bing translator:

Thursday, March 28, 2019

VIDEO They face sailors and Totoaberos in San Felipe

They Wound one and they stop 4

Dulce María Díaz

A clash between elements of the Marine Secretariat and alleged traffickers of totoaba this Thursday morning in the port of San Felipe left an injured person as balance.

Through social networks, a video was known to indicate that a person had been injured by a firearm by navy officers in an altercation between a possible criminal group.

ADVERTISING

In the images, one can see in the box of a black pick up that it brought in the back pulling a small boat, the bloodied body of a person who according to declarations of fishermen is known in the port like "Kiki", which was attacked with the pair Ecer by Marines.

Police Cancel classes for confrontation in San Felipe

In The video are glimpsed about 6 elements of the SEMAr that were aboard the unit number 200424 that were bet on the street Posada del Mar, who after the aggression moved to their facilities along with the confiscated vehicle and where they moved to the P Person injured.

"They Killed Kiki, killed Kiki, an ambulance," were the cries that were heard from the people there were, where they also perceived gunshots apparently caused by the uniformed, who leaving the scene were followed by the Enraged companions to the facilities naval sector of San Felipe.

Women Injured during confrontation in San Felipe

Enrique García Zandez, aged 35, is the fisherman who was injured in this event, which was transferred to the facilities of the General Hospital of Mexicali for his professional medical care.

Sunshine Rodriguez, fishing leader of the port, presented several videos on their social networks in which a cluster of sea men gathered outside the naval facilities derived from this fact, where an Antiriot group guarded the entrance and dozens of People armed with stones, asking for justice.

"This is the beginning of what they were told to unleash, they would confront the people and the needs of St. Philip, they don't have to use force, they don't have to use guns, fishermen are not criminals."
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 03:18 PM

I have friends staying in their place in the South Campos area (Bahia Santa Maria). They tried to go into San Felipe this morning but were turned back at a road block. No one allowed in to San Felipe, at least from the south on Hwy 5.

No word on who was manning the roadblock. Cell service very sketchy down there, south of town.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 05:45 PM

Funny, but Mary (from Playa Mexico) drove to town today and posted a photo (South Campos Amigos Facebook page) of the black smoke from the harbor area. She must have just made it in or was there before the action?
Someone else on FB from San Felipe said it's all over, just like nothing happened... move along... lol.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 05:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Funny, but Mary (from Playa Mexico) drove to town today and posted a photo (South Campos Amigos Facebook page) of the black smoke from the harbor area. She must have just made it in or was there before the action?
Someone else on FB from San Felipe said it's all over, just like nothing happened... move along... lol.

Someone died, not so sure it’s the funny lol you find it to be...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 06:42 PM

Are you quoting or paraphrasing from this FB site, David? How about providing us with a link?

[Edited on 3-29-2019 by Hook]
grace59
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 07:09 PM

Sadly, the Fisherman shot this morning has died from his injuries. A video posted to Facebook by one of the locals I know shows calm not at least along the Malecon. Not sure what will happen now that there has been a death. The black smoke has died down and dissipated. It's a sad day here in San Felipe.

Whenever I hear that rainy, chill wind blow. I think it may be time to head for Mexico. Tengo que obedecer mi corazon!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 07:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Are you quoting or paraphrasing from this FB site, David? How about providing us with a link?

[Edited on 3-29-2019 by Hook]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sanfelipechatter/
See top post from Hilda Bahena and read the replies... this was one of a couple from this person that said about the same thing:

Cecilia R Duclos IT was a shooting due to fishermen-navy confrontation, fishermen burned some boats at the Marina and trowed rocks at the navy base, is done, nothing to do with the town in general. The fishermen were requesting for the navy soldier that had wounded the fisherman earlier so they can bring them to justice... in general the town pretty mucho Is quiet again, so no worries and come down and enjoy your weekend

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jDOG

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 08:02 PM

Fisherman:lol::lol::lol::lol:They are a bunch of meth head crimms.
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 08:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
Quote: Originally posted by jDOG  

Pangaros are a hard working people that have made their living form the sea for years . A honable trade for generations but unfortunately is changing and the pains of change are being felt thruout Baja . You are an idiot for saying they are all " meth heads" Not to excuse violence but I hope a cooler heads will previl.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 08:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jDOG  

Pangaros are a hard working people that have made their living form the sea for years . A honable trade for generations but unfortunately is changing and the pains of change are being felt thruout Baja . You are an idiot for saying they are all " meth heads" Not to excuse violence but I hope a cooler heads will previl.

I would have loved to hear what Chi Chi thought of all this.......:(
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 09:29 PM

JDOG must be about 12 years old..
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 09:52 PM

This is how clueless some people are about this issue...Taken from the same post he posted. ==============================Post by David Kier " John Devine sad when fishermen want to fish, is it? I thought it was foreign boats catching totuava for China's market demands, not locals? Did Mexican government pay out fair compensation so they didn't need to fish to eat and live during this "environmental crisis"? Do we have all the details?"
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 09:54 PM

This might be one clue as to what is really going on...Also taken from San Felipe Chatter.... ...
https://www.infonort.news/2019/03/denuncia-carlos-loret-de-m...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2019 at 09:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
This is how clueless some people are about this issue...Taken from the same post he posted. ==============================Post by David Kier " John Devine sad when fishermen want to fish, is it? I thought it was foreign boats catching totuava for China's market demands, not locals? Did Mexican government pay out fair compensation so they didn't need to fish to eat and live during this "environmental crisis"? Do we have all the details?"

Ignorance is bliss, and he is a very happy fellow!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 12:23 AM

pic

55575792_10217296474379306_7963609200670539776_o.jpg - 56kB

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 06:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  
pic

Spring break!

Woke!

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 07:30 AM
Marina details

Marina area showing the layout
Boats burned include those of the fisherman and those of the navy.
As in interesting aside across from the new navy base the last week. the navy put up tents for housing for the guards protecting the new go-fast boats that arrived in a recent period. Those boats were still on the trailers and were not ready for operation. They were all burned.
I cannot find the location where the confiscated fishermen boats were stored. Pretty sure is was nearby. Fortunately, many of those boats were drug away from the fires that consumed the other ones.
Other fishermen boats were burned, one on the navy ramp and unknown others just east of the new navy base. It is all shown on the videos I posted. Yup, long videos.

Marina.jpg - 203kB
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 07:36 AM

Why is tragedy funny to you? LOL...Why do you bring politics into everything ? LOL Why are you now pushing Facebook after badmouthing it for so long?LOL...This post is reply to DK not prior poster SORRY

[Edited on 3-29-2019 by chuckie]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.