Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Closing the Border?
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Some of you have still not figured Trump out!

If he was thinking the legal border points of entry and not just the invisible line in the desert, then that is a classic example of his deal-making skill. Have you forgotten that he threatened to blow up North Korea if Kim didn't behave? Now they are buddies! LOL Trump still walked away from the last meeting because the deal was bad for America instead of paying billions in cash to hope he will do we want like previous administrations did, and failed to get a deal honored, but bragged about their actions!

Great, so no more nuclear threat from North korea? and they are dismantling their nuclear program? Boy thats a relief, I guess the USA intellegence services must be making up fake news! They sure had me fooled!

And now, if the deal maker Primo could please cut the deal with Mexico to pay for the wall - I'm all for it! surely if he can deal his way toward ending nuclear threats it ought to be a simple task to get Mexico to throw in a few billion - n o?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 05:47 PM

Yes, you request amnesty at our embassy in your own country and then get processed.

Thousands and thousands of people who want a boost in their income is not political persecution. Leaving one's country instead of making it better does not seem to be the same thing as an individual seeking amnesty for very special and unique reasons.

All these 'bad' countries will run out of people if they leave. Doesn't it make more sense that these countries should adopt the American free-market ideas and capitalism so they will also grow and thrive?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 05:47 PM

PS Kim Jung is playing Trump just like NK has played for years. Have we already forgot about Otto W? If Obama tried to negotiate with Kim you would be having heart attacks. Cmon now, NK is cunning and dangerous. KJ is seriously deranged. Nk has has nuclear capacity.
NK makes Centro America look tame
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 05:59 PM

Common...His threat to shut down commerce and POEs is nothing more than to punish Mexico by disrupting their economy. That is how Trump works...be vindictive and strike first and hard.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 06:19 PM

And in the end, accomplish nothing
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 07:08 PM

Solutions to improve communities starts at home, with education, skills, respect for laws, enforcement, clean water and infrastructure. Moving people across the earth to another country with a different culture, language, and tradition is not a solution.

For example, Mexico is a resource rich country with beautiful land and history that is among the most rich in resources and history in the world. Moving people out of Mexico is not a solution to solve problems?

Mexico suffers from oppression and corruption, poor education and lack of clean drinking water. These issues can be resolved by focusing on communities in Mexico not by forcing people into a 5000 mile trek to be displaced, abused and exploited by human traffickers, absurd.

Moreover, USA is suffering and needs to focus on its on issues, homelessness is an epidemic in California, not to mention the cost of living. Repopulating central Americans to California is not going to help California or Central America, it exacerbates the issue.

Its hard to tell what your motivations are or what you're promoting? Chaos and corruption for the benefit of who? All I am asking you to is be compassionate for those who are suffering from the ill effect of open border and the criminal corruption associated with it, which includes any of us as well as those being exploited, that needs to end and it starts with respecting laws and communities, not promoting more chaos and displacement to further destabilization of families, communities and traditions of culture.

Until we can establish a lawful, secure and safe community here in the USA, and identify housing and infrastructure which we do not have we should be not promoting more chaos and destabilization.

[Edited on 3-30-2019 by gnukid]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 07:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Until we can establish a lawful, secure and safe community here in the USA, and identify housing and infrastructure which we do not have we should be not promoting more chaos and destabilization.

Sounds like a lot of money to me. Have you noticed the government is running a near record annual deficit? During a growing economy? On top of our already growing national debt? What about that annual debt ceiling fight? Does anyone care about that anymore?

Where's the money coming from? How are we paying for new infrastructure, schools, etc?

Mexico suffers from extreme wealth inequality as a primary problem.

John

[Edited on 3-30-2019 by John Harper]
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 07:29 PM

Holy Moly,

The worst thing that would occur If they close the boarder would be the lack of avocados for Guacamole !!

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-29-2019 at 09:48 PM

A reminder: San Diego North County (Fallbrook especially) is the avocado capital of America.

Just checked on Wikipedia to confirm:

Cultivation in California

The avocado was introduced from Mexico to California in the 19th century, and has become a successful cash crop. About 59,000 acres (240 km2) – some 95% of United States avocado production – is located in Southern California, with 60% in San Diego County. Fallbrook, California, claims the title of "Avocado Capital of the World" (also claimed by the town of Uruapan in Mexico), and both Fallbrook and Carpinteria, California, host annual avocado festivals. Avocado is the official fruit of the State of California.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2019 at 07:59 AM

David,
we have talked about you being disingenuous in the past.
You know damned well what the law is,

you clearly don't like it,

so you ignore it, try and wordsmith around it,
and hope people don't notice your inconsistancy!

so lets back up and try it again David. When someone presents themselves at a border crossing into the USA, and requests asylum, what - By law David - By law! - Is the procedure!

Once again David, you are not asked, nor are you qualified, nor informed enough to make any judgement about their request for amnesty - we have professionals trained to do that job.

We are just trying to affirm that you know the actual laws that you spout on and on about!

Yes, you request amnesty at our embassy in your own country and then get processed.

Thousands and thousands of people who want a boost in their income is not political persecution. Leaving one's country instead of making it better does not seem to be the same thing as an individual seeking amnesty for very special and unique reasons.

All these 'bad' countries will run out of people if they leave. Doesn't it make more sense that these countries should adopt the American free-market ideas and capitalism so they will also grow and thrive?

[Edited on 3-30-2019 by caj13]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-30-2019 at 10:31 AM

JJJ are you really serious or trolling again? If you are serious you are clearly ignorant of border cartel control, though it appears you are feigning ignorance to confuse the message.

Cartels in collusion with a variety of corrupt politicians, law enforcement and military "control" and tax all traffic through the region. Coyotes are human traffickers who run exploited people through a system and place a bounty on their head they then are responsible to pay through either cash or servitude.

Many/most people are selected to be tarfficked, they don't willingly choose to be pit in danger and exploitation, abuse and slavery.

The entire border is full of corruption, both in the open areas as well in the controlled points of entry. Everybody pays and a few profit.

Closing the entire order with National Guard and actual lawful enforcement would protect all those men, women and children and end the money train of cartels and their networks. If cartels didn't profit on every trafficked person as well as goods and materials, they would be out of business and endless lives would be saved.

The problem is the money is too good to stop this money flow. Everybody profits off the backs of trafficked humans which is why everyone wants it to continue, JJJ included, who is apparently a mouth piece and promoter for the messaging of cartels.

Banks profits off money laundering, prisons profit off prisoners, police get paid to police criminals, military and federal agencies justify their existence due the need for protection from rampant lawlessness and corruption. CBP, ICE, etc they all profit by justifying both the need and adding corruption on top to grease their profits even more. Agriculture, institutional corporations all profit from down forcing wages with the added pressure from an illegal work force.

Promoting illegal human trafficking as you do, JJJ is direct support for human exploitation, prostitution, drug and arms trafficking, and the result is the destruction of lives. It's absolutely horrifying that you come here to Baja Nomad and promote this abuse using your feigned ignorance and intentional misrepresentation of facts. Based on your behavior it would not be a surprise if you a full time paid schill for corrupt cartels and their networks.

I have never seen so much hyperbole, BS, and conspiracy theories to hide your bigotry against Hispanic immigrants as I see coming from you Gnukid.

You Gunkid, may be a little bit more educated than the average Trump, voted that feeds off racist red meat issues of building the wall and keeping out the Mexicans, Central Americans, and Muslims,but at least those from rural red state cities are more honest than you Gunkid.

Here is what your scared of Gunkid, as Laura Ingraham, openly promotes xenophobia on "Fox News," nightly.

Laura Ingraham: Says Western Civilization Is ‘Tipping Over The Cliff’ ( replace Western with "white" )

Gunkid, you feel threatened that Christian white America, is disappearing. Am I right? ( this is what Trump, is feeding)

And what's with you and the Mexican cartels, you see them everywhere?

You think JoeJustJoe, works for the Mexican cartels!

Get rid of your tin hat Gunkid, and go back to original post in this thread, which was responding to David K, where he said something inaccurate, or not based in reality from the Hispanic immigrants point of view.

David K, said, basically said the border is porous, and if Mexican wanted to, they could just walk over the border to the US side, and then he said, like other right-wingers, that if the immigrants want to come to the US, they need to get in line.

I was responding from the Mexican immigrants point of view, and said, if the border is so porous, and open then why do undocumented Mexicans, pay up to $5000 dollars to get to the US? ( meaning there is no emergency for building the wall and it's not easy to sneak across the border)

I'm also stating a fact, that the US immigration system does not play on a level playing field, and it not fair to all immigrants. So it's understandably why some immigrants won't be played for suckers, and stand in line like David K, and many here advocate.

Gunkid, you really make me laugh with this statement:

Gunkid: "Closing the entire order with National Guard and actual lawful enforcement would protect all those men, women and children and end the money train of cartels and their networks."

Yeah, right Gunkid, you are acting in the best interest of those immigrants, who are all forced to come to America, and be trafficked and forced to work in factories, meat plants, against their will and/or to become sex slaves.

That's also overblown, because the vast majority if immigrants papers or no papers, come here to work, because they could make a lot more money in the US than their home countries, although some US employers will take advantage, but I don't here you Gunkid, advocating locking up white American bosses, do I?

Take for example, Robert Kraft, the owner of the Patriots, who was busted in Florida, in that massage parlor, sex-sting videos. Kraft, is being accused of abusing a trafficked sex slave, but there is no evidence of that, and it's just a waste of taxpayers money because an old man wanted a happy ending, and you also didn't hear any complaints coming from the women immigrant employees, but this is how cops in Florida, like to get off.

[Edited on 3-30-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 3-30-2019 at 11:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Holy Moly,

The worst thing that would occur If they close the boarder would be the lack of avocados for Guacamole !!

What he said.
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 3-30-2019 at 11:46 AM

dont forget Mango's,,, been gettin some real nice ones lately

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Holy Moly,

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2019 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
When someone presents themselves at a border crossing into the USA, and requests asylum, what - By law David - By law! - Is the procedure!

Not being American, I can only talk about similar situations at Canadian border. The procedure is to give a person a "fair hearing" with legal aid lawyer, kind of a hybrid of lottery and real thing. This takes several months to few years, meanwhile they are given welfare, Medicare, work permits and subsidized housing - when there is already a shortage of all this.

The govt have lists of "dangerous" countries whose nationals have a better chance to win than others, but mostly it's a lottery. Plus, political image. The result is - dozens thousands of recent Syrian refugees, many of them are liars and come with big money, many are criminals by profession or simply by culture - this is a 3rd world country, totally different mentality, standards of integrity, - everything. Many of them still don't speak English after 3 years.

I would think that govt stupidity is not uncommon in the US INS system either, but from what I hear, INS make it much more difficult for illegal seekers of a better life. Otherwise illegals wouldn't be crossing from the US to Canada in numbers. Country needs to defend itself - Canada doesn't do this.

I don't want to comment on Trump. Have made my conclusions about this person while he was still selling low-quality TV shows, occasionally giving interviews.

[Edited on 3-31-2019 by Alm]
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2019 at 08:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
The "border" is the line that separates two countries... Most of our borders are OPEN so anyone can just cross it if they are unconcerned with violating a nation's laws. Closing the open border has nothing to do with existing legal ports of entry into the United States. It does mean installing a physical barrier as far too many people have no problem with breaking the border law and not waiting in line like all our relatives from other countries did.

Did I really need to explain this to you guys?

If it's so easy to cross the border as an undocumented Mexican workers, how come coyotes, charge up to $5000 dollars to sneak someone over the border?

David K. what's Trump, going to do with all that trucker commerce that cross the border daily?

Do you really think Trump, is going to cause multinational corporations lose millions of dollars while the border is closed?

If you really believe this I have bridge I would like to sell you?

If I was a Mexican national without high tech skills, without money in the bank, without contacts in the US,and I heard there are good jobs up north.

I sure would not wait in an unfair line or play immigration lotto, where the game is fixed. Screw that, especially if there are good jobs in the US, and the US companies make it real easy to live in the US and work.

And finally, if I was a Mexican immigrant I would not think it's fair that David K. could come to my country anytime he wants, but I could not come to his country anytime I want.

It's campaign time, and Trump, is getting ready for 2020 by playing to his base and faking a temper tantrum about closing the border.

[Edited on 3-29-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

JJJ are you really serious or trolling again? If you are serious you are clearly ignorant of border cartel control, though it appears you are feigning ignorance to confuse the message.

Cartels in collusion with a variety of corrupt politicians, law enforcement and military "control" and tax all traffic through the region. Coyotes are human traffickers who run exploited people through a system and place a bounty on their head they then are responsible to pay through either cash or servitude.

Many/most people are selected to be tarfficked, they don't willingly choose to be pit in danger and exploitation, abuse and slavery.

The entire border is full of corruption, both in the open areas as well in the controlled points of entry. Everybody pays and a few profit.

Closing the entire order with National Guard and actual lawful enforcement would protect all those men, women and children and end the money train of cartels and their networks. If cartels didn't profit on every trafficked person as well as goods and materials, they would be out of business and endless lives would be saved.

The problem is the money is too good to stop this money flow. Everybody profits off the backs of trafficked humans which is why everyone wants it to continue, JJJ included, who is apparently a mouth piece and promoter for the messaging of cartels.

Banks profits off money laundering, prisons profit off prisoners, police get paid to police criminals, military and federal agencies justify their existence due the need for protection from rampant lawlessness and corruption. CBP, ICE, etc they all profit by justifying both the need and adding corruption on top to grease their profits even more. Agriculture, institutional corporations all profit from down forcing wages with the added pressure from an illegal work force.

Promoting illegal human trafficking as you do, JJJ is direct support for human exploitation, prostitution, drug and arms trafficking, and the result is the destruction of lives. It's absolutely horrifying that you come here to Baja Nomad and promote this abuse using your feigned ignorance and intentional misrepresentation of facts. Based on your behavior it would not be a surprise if you a full time paid schill for corrupt cartels and their networks.

+1, its a perfect storm for both political parties, status quo at all cost no matter the human toll, the ideologies ranted about as as solution or anything up to now.... reality of life sucks sometimes

[Edited on 3-29-2019 by gnukid]

Es Todo Bueno
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 08:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Not only is Trump, racist, but he is also a compulsive liar.

I would not believe anything coming from Trump's mouth.

LOL, I DO NOT believe anything the idiot in the white house says. He is the fake president who cried wolf.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 08:26 AM

Illegal border crossings are at an all time low. It is not a national emergency. trumpet just happens to be a racist and thinks immigrants of a different color do not contribute. I believe he is absolutely wrong. Ya'll can have your own opinion. I know I will never change a bigot's mind. So all of you trying to make your point and change minds, you're wasting space here. Let's stick to pictures of sunrises and sunsets, big fish, advice on where to sleep in Baja and whether or not dogs are allowed.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 12:08 PM

David - Exactly what I expected from you , deflect and try and redirect. I know the law - unfortunately for you - So Do YOU! But since it is counter to your arguements and pontificatiojns, you deliberately try and ignore it, and hope you can make everybody "look over there"

There is a rule of law, it is very clear, and it is not being followed. Period - end of story - sorry Amigo - Laws! and it's to bad for you those laws don't make exceptions for brown people - because thats what this is all about - and you know it David.
Which side of history are you going to stand on David?

And you lack of understanding of economics, and economic History, is breathtaking to say the least! It must be exhausting trying to come up with the constant mental gymnastics required to ignore fact and cherry pick enough info to try and build any sort of weak support for your personal agenda!

and how about we be realistic and accurate - lets say we go back 10 yeARS, INSTEAD OF THIS MAGICAL 8 - or 15 years. Now rerun those statistics - who created the most jobs? who created the most economic growth? BTW - He's black - and I know that doesnt sit well with many here!

Davids contribution:
At some point, you must see that Trump is not like any other politician (because he isn't one) or cares about being PC (because he isn't). Trump, in his brash style, has been effective at repairing 8 years of damage done to the American economy.

actually David - see here is where you lack perspective - the "Damage" to the USA economy was not the last 8 years - But you knew that right? But that doesn't fit with your narative - right, so you need to deflect and obscure!

and please get out your little blue pocket constitution I'm sure you carry with you all the time. It appears as if you may not have read part of that properly!
Can you go re-read specifically : article 1 - section 8 clause 1, and section 9 clause 7.

so then tell me again how the "president" spent all that money? - And you might want to keep those sections handy, it might serve you well when it comes to court cases about the so called emergency!

Davids contribution:
We had the highest number of people on food stamps, scary high unemployment and a stagnant economy that couldn't get above 2% growth in any of the previous 8 years. That last president also spent more of our money than all the presidents back to George Washington, combined! For what? He believed that government and socialism was the answer.

and the deficit right? highest ever - oops, oops - we need to ignore that fact! because it turns out we have a new record deficit - don't we David!

Davids contribution:
So, the United States elected Trump as the only one strong enough to turn America around to make prosperity a good thing again.

Mr trump won the electorial college. When it comes to the people of the USA - they voted for Clinton David - but you knew that - right - Mr trump had 3 million less popular votes. There is a reason Trump came out last week so strongly against one person one vote ! 184 of the 270 electorial votes needed are now committed to the national popular vote interstate compact. That scares thre hell out of repub right wingers.

Theres a republican conservative ideology if i ever heard one - every person who is qualified to vote - their vote counts exactly the same as any other persons vote! You can get behind that - right David.
You don't think brown and black peoples votes should count any less that yours - right?

heres a number that might not fit your rosey economic view David - try on 9.1 trillion! Hows that go down? thats the increase in the budget deficit under trumps budgets. i assume you guys will crowd fund that away right -

and speaking of that, i do admire Trump for his economically advantagous plan to force Mexico to pay for the wall ! I'm all for that = how that coming along? and have you donated to the crowd funding of the Wall David - seems like you ought to do your patriotic duty and support that with every spare dollar!

Davids contribution:
There is a reason why we now have You may not like the person, but you got to love the results. The lowest unemployment rate in history for most.. after just 2 years and after 2 years of being condemned as having Russian involvement by the left and fake news, and now proven totally false. Who did work with the Russians during the election (and before, selling uranium)? Hillary! LOL!!![/rquote]

so lets see
Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team indicted or got guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies during their lengthy investigation, which is now complete.

That group is composed of six former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Seven of these people (including five of the six former Trump advisers) have pleaded guilty.

yeah - complete fake news!

and how about we actually wait for the Mueller report to be released. I would rather read the 300 pages for myself, instead of a 4 page summary by a designated partisan!

and at what point will you admit what has been proven long ago - this whole Uranium deal was a conspiracy theory dealt by right wing bloggers and geniuses like the self admitted psycotic Jones. but if thats all you have, I guess you need to roll it out again, ignore facts , and get back into your echo chambers.

david, I feel bad for you. No matter what you think, the data , facts, numbers, history - it's all stacking up against you. That has to make it really hard to remain willfully Ignorant!
In your case, I do not think you are willfully ignorant, but i do know you are actively ignoring anything that threatens your personal and political beliefs.
here's a hint David, if you let facts and information actually inform and shape your views , beliefs abnd opinions, it is alot easier ! you can defend your ideology based on those facts and information, instead of having to work so very hard to come up with such completely obvious willfully inadaquite "reasons" for your beliefs.

and just to be clear David, I have never voted for a Clinton in my life, and I did vote for Reagan. so that kind of screws up your demonization tool - right?

[Edited on 3-31-2019 by caj13]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 01:32 PM

So, the United States elected Trump as the only one strong enough to turn America around to make prosperity a good thing again. You may not like the person, but you got to love the results. The lowest unemployment rate in history for most.. after just 2 years and after 2 years of being condemned as having Russian involvement by the left and fake news, and now proven totally false. Who did work with the Russians during the election (and before, selling uranium)? Hillary! LOL!!!

Wow. How one person could be so mislead is astonishing! Sure glad I'm on the sidelines, with my popcorn, watching the old USA going down the crapper. Popcorn on me, folks.

On topic: shut down the border. No one in or out.

MAGA. Morrons are Governing America.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 02:31 PM

We could talk about lots of issues here, the economy, immigration, racism, and a whole host of other related issues.

But I'm going to talk about only a few main issues since it fits the parameters of "Baja Nomad" and it's about Baja, since Trump, has supposedly thrown down the gauntlet, and has said, if Mexico, doesn't solidify its southern border, and if the central American countries don't do more to prevent their citizens from entering Mexico, that Trump, claims he is going to close the border, and in fact Trump, has doubled down on his threats to closed the US/Mexico border.

Two questions:

1. Who believes AMLO, and the leaders in central America, are shaking in their boots, and will immediate act and follow orders from Trump?

2. Who believes that Trump, will carry through with his threats, and double down, on those threats to close the border?

I say, AMLO and other central American countries, are laughing at Trump, and would fly him the bird with his empty threats.

I also say, Trump, does not have the cojones to shut down the border, and that he is nothing but a blowhard.

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.