Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Closing the Border?
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 02:33 PM

On topic.
There is another gigantic caravan headed for the border.
Where did the last one go?
Did they all end up with you Lee.
It only works right if Mexico closes it's southern border.
Funny how none of the caravaners want to live in Mexico.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 02:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

MAGA. Morrons are Governing America.

There is one quote of his I totally agree with, after he won the
Nevada primary, was a true honest phrase 'I love the poorly
educated', as in they voted for him. Have you ever seen the
supporters behind him at his High School rallies? A culture war?
How can anyone enlist in that group?

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 03:07 PM

I love the poorly educated.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
On topic.
There is another gigantic caravan headed for the border.
Where did the last one go?
Did they all end up with you Lee.
It only works right if Mexico closes it's southern border.
Funny how none of the caravaners want to live in Mexico.

Actually, many did settle in Mexico as they made their way North.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 04:00 PM

Very nice..
And are they happy... heathy... working hard to make a better life...
Because that is my prayer to God.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 04:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
does mean installing a physical barrier as far too many people have no problem with breaking the border law and not waiting in line like all our relatives from other countries did.

Did I really need to explain this to you guys?

[Edited on 3-29-2019 by David K]

Most people don't care for carving up the Rio Grande area, as it will make large swaths of land off limits David. Many of my family members did not wait in line, either. Many were here before the Europeans and most were brought here as free slave laborers.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 04:12 PM

Border closing is nothing more than liddle Donny throwing a trumper tantrum. (new Funk & Wagnall's entry)

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 11:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Border closing is nothing more than liddle Donny throwing a trumper tantrum. (new Funk & Wagnall's entry)

How can I keep voting for Mr.President TRUMP if you keep educating me like this...?
But again... funny:coolup:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 07:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
does mean installing a physical barrier as far too many people have no problem with breaking the border law and not waiting in line like all our relatives from other countries did.

Did I really need to explain this to you guys?

[Edited on 3-29-2019 by David K]

Most people don't care for carving up the Rio Grande area, as it will make large swaths of land off limits David. Many of my family members did not wait in line, either. Many were here before the Europeans and most were brought here as free slave laborers.

Carving up? Before the 1500s? I think the reality is far different now. It's about playing by the rules as others have. Ignoring safety and security for Americans by voiding border laws to get votes is pretty low.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 08:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

MAGA. Morrons are Governing America.

There is one quote of his I totally agree with, after he won the
Nevada primary, was a true honest phrase 'I love the poorly
educated', as in they voted for him. Have you ever seen the
supporters behind him at his High School rallies? A culture war?
How can anyone enlist in that group?

Its all about ATTITUDE and GRATITUDE
His attitude toward the historically left leaning media is soothing to his base after the decades of being pummeled as republicans.
The gratitude his base has for getting the supreme court justice.
Its nothing more than this for what still is the silent majority across the country.
The world economy is cause & effect, its too big to even figure out much less influence it.

Es Todo Bueno
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 08:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
We could talk about lots of issues here, the economy, immigration, racism, and a whole host of other related issues.

But I'm going to talk about only a few main issues since it fits the parameters of "Baja Nomad" and it's about Baja, since Trump, has supposedly thrown down the gauntlet, and has said, if Mexico, doesn't solidify its southern border, and if the central American countries don't do more to prevent their citizens from entering Mexico, that Trump, claims he is going to close the border, and in fact Trump, has doubled down on his threats to closed the US/Mexico border.

Two questions:

1. Who believes AMLO, and the leaders in central America, are shaking in their boots, and will immediate act and follow orders from Trump?

2. Who believes that Trump, will carry through with his threats, and double down, on those threats to close the border?

I say, AMLO and other central American countries, are laughing at Trump, and would fly him the bird with his empty threats.

I also say, Trump, does not have the cojones to shut down the border, and that he is nothing but a blowhard.

Why wouldn't they laugh? A great portion of Mexico's economy is born on the money sent back home by those who left. It's a great model for those other Central American countries that are counting on a million or so more every year, of their expats, sending them that some cash to flood their economies.
Conversely, the rerouting of US cash from our economy takes away the advantage of creating commerce and jobs in our communities.
What would be interesting JJJ, is to observe the cash that leaves the US to Mex and CA juxtaposed to the loss created by closing the border for a few days...to both the US and our neighbors to the south.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:03 AM

I am as far from a trumpet fan as you can get (and that sentiment goes back decades - he has never been an acceptable human being as far as I'm concerned).

Has anyone noticed that the border was not an emergency or a crisis until trumpet needed a hateful slogan to motivate his "base" at campaign rallies? You know, the idiotic "build a wall, Mexico pays for it" slogan. (I hope all you trumpet supporters know he NEVER intended to do this, and like the "lock her up" mantra, has no meaning or basis in reality - was only a line to stir up the masses). Now that the ding dong was actually elected (thank you Russian propaganda and the red state under-educated who actually thought it was real) he has no choice but to propagate his hateful messages (of not just Mexico, but pretty much any one who isn't a white nationalist or dictator).

[Edited on 4-2-2019 by BajaMama]
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:20 AM

If a second massive caravan crossing 1000s of miles of Mexico for the intent purpose of invading the United States of America with the intent to steel from us isn't a crisis or an emergency... what is?

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

How can I keep voting for Mr.President TRUMP if you keep educating me like this...?
But again... funny:coolup:

Fish#uck,
Just stay as uneducated as you are and it won't be a problem....

Don't believe everything you think....
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:41 AM

Ignorance is bliss Ged... you should know that... but you don't.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:43 AM

You seem to be blissfully ignorant about this massive invasion caravan forming at this moment...

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

[/rquote] Why wouldn't they laugh? A great portion of Mexico's economy is born on the money sent back home by those who left. It's a great model for those other Central American countries that are counting on a million or so more every year, of their expats, sending them that some cash to flood their economies.
Conversely, the rerouting of US cash from our economy takes away the advantage of creating commerce and jobs in our communities.
What would be interesting JJJ, is to observe the cash that leaves the US to Mex and CA juxtaposed to the loss created by closing the border for a few days...to both the US and our neighbors to the south.

Paranewbi, I'm not sure where you going with your post above, but if I recall Trump, threatened to stop remittance from the US to Mexico, or somehow use some kind of remittance tax to get Mexico to pay for the wall during his 2018 Presidential campaign, but as usual Trump, didn't live up to any of his campaign promises regarding the big beautiful wall.

So now Trump, comes up with the dumbest idea of them all: he wants to close the border, and it's all mostly because he is having a temper tantrum. He also wants to feed red meat to his base.

Sure taking money from US coffers and giving to Latin American countries instead of spending it here in the US, sure doesn't help poor cities in the US, but you could say the same thing about the US giving $3 or $4 billion dollar Israel, which largely uses the money for military purposes.

What the Latin American countries get in aid, pales in comparison to what Israel gets, but I bet you won't complain about that Paranewbi?

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:49 AM

If a second massive caravan crossing 1000s of miles of Mexico for the intent purpose of invading the United States of America with the intent to steel from us isn't a crisis or an emergency... what is?

Stealing? Invading?

I think Fishbuck, is getting ready to go on one of his rants.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:50 AM

Ignorance is bliss Ged... you should know that... but you don't.

You are the guy supporting under-education....and have no clue what my level of awareness is.....just keep on blathering about your flying fantasies and the other unfulfilled daydreams....and your norm will be maintained....:rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:53 AM

Nice Joe. Accurate
Any nothing wrong with Mr.President Trump engaging in politics and confusing the cr*p out of our enimies and frenimies.
And nothing more fun that watching the dims twist and writh so...
Very satisfying...

[Edited on 4-2-2019 by fishbuck]

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.