Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Border debacle
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 06:38 PM
Border debacle

I’m well aware of the snakepit this question threatens to create but You all are the most informed group for which to get a legitimate response, so Mr Bill, please do your best to at least wait for some real intel before you go full on Skeet on this one:

I’m headed south with my kids for their first trip below the border. I’m a little worried because I think the border will close. I’m pretty sure it will only result is the longest border line I’ve ever seen but, beyond that, is there a change in climate below the border that an experienced Baja traveler should be concerned about or is it the same place it’s always been?

yuletide
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 07:05 PM

yes a huge change in climate........two beautiful summer like days in a row! :coolup:

other than that....nope.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 07:25 PM

I live here full time as norm no worrys
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 07:50 PM

It is just my opinion but I think the Mexican people for the most part have issues with our President not with the American people that go south. Having said that Larry and others who live in Baja are better able to answer that question. As Larry said it's not a problem.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 07:56 PM

No change. Still the best place in the world for road tripping with kids. I started taking my boys down when they were babies. My oldest is 23 now and he's always jonesing to go back.

20150517_135619_2.jpg - 202kB

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 08:30 PM

Not political, and haven't been following this mess.

What the hell does, "Closing the border" mean. And what is the % chance of it happening. I'm guessing less than 1%, but set me straight if I'm wrong.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 09:58 PM

Just got back from ridding and nothing has changed nor have the good people. Sorry but I don't see the border getting closed, if it does I hope I'm on the Mexican side. I'll call in sick for a while and hangout on the beach..
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 10:29 PM

Again, previous post:

Border closing is nothing more than liddle Donny throwing a trumper tantrum. (new Funk & Wagnall's entry)

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2019 at 11:23 PM

Glad to hear it. Trip report will follow!!

yuletide
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 09:37 AM
Are You Stupid or What ?

Just Confused or Delusional ?

" ...... so Mr Bill, please do your best to at least wait for some real intel before you go full on Skeet on this one ...."

W -T- F have I said about the Border situation ?
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

" ...... so Mr Bill, please do your best to at least wait for some real intel before you go full on Skeet on this one ...."

He's just yanking your chain.

John
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 05:51 PM

Hard to say but sounds lie hot air from trumpet. The trade loss alone would be devistating. That being said, I agree, if ding dong closes it I hope I am south of the border.
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2019 at 06:54 PM

Well, Trump wouldn't be the 1st president to ever close the border...

I'm heading down next week and have thought about the possibility. I think I would just stay a bit longer and I'm lucky to have places to stay with friends in San Felipe and Ensenada. Ya just got to roll with the punches!

I just got back recently and Baja was great!

[Edited on 4-2-2019 by Pacifico]

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 10:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

He's just yanking your chain.

John

Mr. Bill,
I believe he is commenting on your process more than content....:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 11:13 AM

No no, I think Bajamatic, feels he is asking a legitimate question, and he feels "Baja Nomad" members are the most informed group, except for Mr Bill, he feels might come to the thread and troll before he gets his serious question answered as Bajamatic sees it.

Although I'm not sure what Bajamatic means when he says, " go full on Skeet on this one?" Is he talking about the old "Baja Nomad" troll, who we haven't heard from in years?

I'm having trouble with Bajamatic logic. If he actually feels that the border will be closed, then why go down to Mexico with the kids, especially when Bajamatic, also harbors thoughts that Mexicans might be hostile over the border closure.

Mr Bill, should come here and set Bajamatic straight, and give him the odd that the border will be closed for more than 24 hours.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-2-2019 at 07:28 PM
Border Brouhaha

Just back in town and giving the possible chaos due consideration, my assessment IS ...................... a closing will make for some great TV. Beyond that, I could care less. It won't affect my travels in the near (or long) term and whatever shortages are generated as a result will be minimal.

SO, it's just a matter of entertainment. Relax and enjoy it.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
4-5-2019 at 10:41 AM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.