Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: Toyota Tacoma- terrible review in Motor Trend
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-3-2019 at 10:06 PM

I bought my F-350 after my F-150 had an issue and I had to leave it at the Sunrise Motocross Park.
It was more truck than I needed but it was cheap and fresh.
The roads were smooth during the test drive...
But yeah, I would prefer to park it and ride around in a Ford Ranger. They ride nice.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2019 at 10:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
I really don't understand buying the overpriced Tacoma when you can buy a Ram or F150 for the same price.

My 20 year old Ram goes forwards and backwards... quite comfortably. It also blends in with the locals. You all keep shopping. It makes me feel grounded.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2019 at 10:46 PM

I've had 3 Ford F150s over the past 25 years, worked them hard and maintained them well. Put over 100,000 miles on each, a good chunk of those miles in Baja, and they never broke down or stranded me in the middle of nowhere. My only complaint about the latest one (a 2012) is its crappy first generation Ford Sync computer system. I have a Fusion that has the latest Sync iteration and Ford wisely just turned over the software chores to Google. I agree with the comment that the Tacoma is really cramped inside. If I'm driving for six, seven, eight hours, with a full crew inside, I need the space in the F150. I sat in the Tacoma once with one of my kids and he said, no way, too small.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2019 at 10:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DanO  
I have a Fusion that has the latest Sync iteration and Ford wisely just turned over the software chores to Google. I agree with the comment that the Tacoma is really cramped inside.

That technology is in the hands of your passengers. Cars and trucks need to stop trying to be Apple. I was in a Tacoma once. I'm a big dude and I love my Ram.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 03:06 AM

The key is in the First three letters....TOY......
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
"My F350 eats Tacoma’s for breakfast “. That should get the ball rolling😎"

No this is wrong. It takes atleast two Tacoma's for an F-350 breakfest...

It is folly to buy a truck to compensate for your small penis size.
Your boat got stolen, you dont need the gas hog anymore. F350 rides like chit. Beating up your body with every bump in the road actually makes your gut bigger and penis smaller, true that!
Another blow hard joke. The f350 pulling a trailer is needed. While your wimp f150 is only used for mall trips. What do you know next to nothing .
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 09:03 AM

What makes NO SENSE is to buy less than a REAL truck if you are going to actually use it as a truck, even occasionly...If it is going to be used as a motorized grocery cart..doesnt matter....
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 09:10 AM

Trucks and Tires, I love the ones that get me there and back.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 09:26 AM

I have a Tundra and a Ranger. Each one serves a different function. Pretty cool,huh. By the way, I like em both.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 09:38 AM

that makes sense
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 09:58 AM

What some are missing is that if you are an explorer, the full-size trucks just won't work. Heck, even a Tacoma can't get everywhere, but there are a lot of places I do get to that a Raptor or other full-size truck cannot.

It also fits into a standard garage, easier to park, easier to drive, and being a Toyota, rarely has mechanical failures or quality issues. There is a reason it is not cheap and holds its values far better than other brands.

The TRD OFF ROAD TACOMA was developed with input by Ivan Stewart and racing in Baja. There is no other truck more in tune.
The 4-door Tacoma is also made in Baja California, so it is at home in Baja! LOL

If any of you were on the Internet 19 years ago, you will recall when I began shopping for my first 4WD pickup. I was going for a Ford Ranger (this was before Ken Cooke had his failures with one). Neal Johns strongly urged me to get a Tacoma and then there were a bunch of Baja amigos who also had Tacomas and swore by them. When the Ford dealership wouldn't take my trade-in, and the Toyota dealer made it all too easy for me (Toyota Carlsbad), that was sweet. My first truck was amazing, no problems, drove great off-road, and I put 136,000 miles on it in less than 5 years... nothing broke.

You just may not need the mass of a full-size truck. Mine is used for work and play... and I am on my third Tacoma probably my last (its paid for, lol). Owning one makes you a believer. The 4WD system (A-TRAC and locking differential) makes this one the most capable of my three... I have not been able to get it stuck, as I have with the other two (briefly, lol). The newer Tacomas have Mult-Terrain Select (an adjustable form of A-TRAC) plus CRAWL CONTROL, basically self drives through anything. You can shut those features off should you want to get stuck, briefly!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 10:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
What makes NO SENSE is to buy less than a REAL truck if you are going to actually use it as a truck, even occasionly...If it is going to be used as a motorized grocery cart..doesnt matter....

My 07 Tacoma 4x4 company truck had no problem pulling a 5,000 lb trailer with a snowcat on it up a 7,000 ft mtn on a regular basis.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 10:35 AM

Good!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 11:57 AM

Should leave this alone,but....5000 lbs isn't much.of a load. Capacity on that toy is about 6600lbs 5000 lbs=about 4 1/2 roundbales of Alfalfa. "OL Smokey" my 98 Dodge Cummins regularly towed a 13 bale load up and down hills and never missed a beat.Towing capacity was 31,000 lbs. When I sent him to the big rest home in the sky, he had 403,000 miles on his clock. . BUT you say look at the comparative cost!...I bought Smoke at a farm bankruptcy sale for around 4000 bucks with a lil over 100,000 miles on him. When he retired, I sold the engine and 5 speed manual tranny for 2300 bucks and the scrap value on the rest was around 600.Engine still used almost no oil...,Retired because I didn't need him anymore (sob) and the front end needed a complete rebuild......I got value for money from him....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 12:20 PM

In America, we have choices... get the truck that you need or that you want.

Comparing a mid-size truck (Tacoma) to a full-size Ford/ Dodge (or is it Ram now)/ etc. is no comparison. They are for different things unless it is just for transportation and camping gear.

The Tacoma is #1 for a good reason, but things change. Maybe the other mid-size brands will compete? That's great. The new Jeep Gladiator will come out strong for those who can afford one. I have been waiting for a long time to see Jeep back in the truck market. I test drove a Jeep Comanche before buying a Mitsubishi Mighty Max back in the late 80s. Love Jeeps, but will never buy one, again!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 12:29 PM

OK
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 12:33 PM

Ranger 1 rider 1 motocross bike
F-150 2 riders 2 motocross bikes and a small pit bike.
F-350 Stack as many motocross bikes as possible and 4 riders no problem. You can't overload it.

[Edited on 4-4-2019 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 12:39 PM

Also Ranger better on highway. Think skinny.
That line in the middle of the highway doesn't keep buses and trucks on their side.
Wide tire are good so you can hang of the edge a little without dropping off...

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 02:52 PM

What color?
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 04:21 PM

I think the lines are white...

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.