BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Trump gives Mexico a 'one-year warning' to stop drugs, migrants or he will tax cars and close border
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 07:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
Mexico needs to up it's game. They've been privy to all the same technology as the rest of the world, yet they remain, not so good. So much corruption, money disappears as soon as it leaves the office. They need their feet held to the fire. I agree, they need to get to handle on just about everything. Trump is right.

x2

Finally a little honesty.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 08:53 PM

whoa whoa boys! How about talking about some solutions?

How about not stopping aid ? And making it with some specific goals to alleviate the problems we are facing? NGOs could do some great work.
How about giving the asylum seekers a temp work permit with the caveat they must renew every few months and those that don't are deported? Those that renew and follow through with the process (which generally takes a few years) continue with the process?
How about hiring more hearing officers to expediate the process?
A wall will do NO good. Will cost muchisimo dinero and end up being total waste of OUR money.
Many asylum seekers are entering via THE BORDER a wall will do not do jack chite. Threats don't usually do so well either at convincing people to do anything.
we are supposed to be a civilzed country. Reading some of these posts makes me wonder if we have any civility left.
Mexico has problems, Central America has more problems ( I have been all over down there), we have problems, the world has problems.
Remember when someone said if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem?
So stop flinging your chite rhetoric, get off your butts and start thinking of some real ways to address this issue,
And anyone that does not like my ideas give me better ones
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-4-2019 at 09:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by azucena  
whoa whoa boys! How about talking about some solutions?

How about not stopping aid ? And making it with some specific goals to alleviate the problems we are facing? NGOs could do some great work.
How about giving the asylum seekers a temp work permit with the caveat they must renew every few months and those that don't are deported? Those that renew and follow through with the process (which generally takes a few years) continue with the process?
How about hiring more hearing officers to expediate the process?
A wall will do NO good. Will cost muchisimo dinero and end up being total waste of OUR money.
Many asylum seekers are entering via THE BORDER a wall will do not do jack chite. Threats don't usually do so well either at convincing people to do anything.
we are supposed to be a civilzed country. Reading some of these posts makes me wonder if we have any civility left.
Mexico has problems, Central America has more problems ( I have been all over down there), we have problems, the world has problems.
Remember when someone said if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem?
So stop flinging your chite rhetoric, get off your butts and start thinking of some real ways to address this issue,
And anyone that does not like my ideas give me better ones

Finally... a little honesty:coolup:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 05:12 AM

Pelosi, Chuck, and crew have made one big mistake from the beginning...they didn't study their #1 foe.
The years' postponement has pushed the Border debate right into the election cycle and Trump's hands. Another year of unleashed border crossings and the photo ops will be on Potus's side.
The failure of Congress to act (Dems house) will put the issue front and center.
Why burn it out now?
Let the name calling begin...
mxracer50

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 05:54 AM

Mexico should control its southern border, and congress should get their act together and strengthen E Verify and put much stiffer penalties for employers that hire illegals.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 06:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mxracer50  
Mexico should control its southern border, and congress should get their act together and strengthen E Verify and put much stiffer penalties for employers that hire illegals.

The unemployment level is at historical lows and hirees are needed (what percentage relatively unskilled is not noted) but how do we pay for the necessary health care, education, subsidized nutrition of those new entrants let alone those who cannot join the workforce (children, disabled, unskilled, uneducated, etc)?
The employer won't hire if they have to pay for it...
That leaves You.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 07:01 AM

I encourage more immigration, because it is humane, humanity annoys the white supremacists (i.e. GOP base) and immigrants vote liberal.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 07:14 AM

Telling Mexico to strengthen their southern border is like Mexico trying to tell us to strengthen our Northern border. I am sure the Trumpsters will take that kindly.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 07:22 AM

You all are writing here for nothing. Mexico cannot ever control there problems. As long as drugs are in sold in the US. Mexico cannot control there own problems. Let alone please Trump sad but that's life.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 07:23 AM

Whether you like it or not, our economy depends on migrant workers. Don't see too many white americans clamoring for jobs in the fields harveting lettuce etal.

If we don't hire migrant people, prices for basic goods and services will sky rocket. How about lettuce for $8.00 a head and $13.00 for a basket of strawberries? You will never stop companies and small businesses from hiring illegals. No big secret that if they didn't they could not stay in business.
We need to create solutions that are humane, make sense and vet those that are bad juju, ie gang members Salva Trucha etal. If we can spy by satellite, surely we can come up with an effective vetting system that does not punish good people and families who come here to work .

Time to start using our brains and responding, not reacting to rhetoric that changes daily. Emergency? No, no emergency. Shut down border now. No shut it down in a year. Brilliant.

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 07:29 AM

And, if we had a just and simple work program, employers would not have to hire illegals!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
4-5-2019 at 10:37 AM
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 12:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Pelosi, Chuck, and crew have made one big mistake from the beginning...they didn't study their #1 foe.
The years' postponement has pushed the Border debate right into the election cycle and Trump's hands.

While Trump, and his base dream of a great beautiful wall, the democrats will be pushing important issues like health care. The issue of immigration is usually way down the list of important issues during elections, except for Trump and is base. I don't see how Trump, wins the election, without reaching out to others than his base?

Quote: Originally posted by mxracer50  

Your statement is almost funny, both the democrats,republicans, and the Trump golf courses, really don't want to strengthen or even use E-Verify, because most big business don't want it......take the hint big business wants workers, they don't care about papers, and they don't care about the Trump base.

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I encourage more immigration, because it is humane, humanity annoys the white supremacists (i.e. GOP base) and immigrants vote liberal.

So well said, Goat.

Quote: Originally posted by azucena  
And, if we had a just and simple work program, employers would not have to hire illegals!

You talk about work programs, but what are immigrants going to get out of it?

Immigrants have families, and those families have and need roots.

If immigrants continue to come to the US, to work, there should also be a pathway to citizenship, for those workers who spend significant time working in the US, and want to stay here and raise their families.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 12:17 PM

I see ICE arrested 280 workers in Texas yesterday, but you never hear of the business owners themselves being arrested. Aren't both parties guilty of an illegal activity?

John

[Edited on 4-5-2019 by John Harper]
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 02:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
I see ICE arrested 280 workers in Texas yesterday, but you never hear of the business owners themselves being arrested. Aren't both parties guilty of an illegal activity?

John

[Edited on 4-5-2019 by John Harper]

The employer by law has to fax or otherwise transmit proof of identification such as a drivers license, green card, and social security number for a new employee to both state and federal authority’s. The penalty’s for hiring illegals is quite stiff, and it is a mystery to me that any employer can get away without doing this.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2019 at 03:53 PM

Somewhere between 1 and 2 percent of the people in the United States have crossed the border illegally.

330 million people, 12 million undocumented. 12 / 330 * 100 = 3.63%

1/2 of the 12 million entered legally and overstayed their visas.

1/2 * 3.63 = 1.81% entered illegally.

It just doesn't sound like a big problem to me.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2019 at 06:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Telling Mexico to strengthen their southern border is like Mexico trying to tell us to strengthen our Northern border. I am sure the Trumpsters will take that kindly.

Those "white supremacy" policies is exactly why the United States is what it is and Mexico is still a third wold SH. It's the only reason you have computer to type out your 3rd grade knowledge to everyone. Those policies are the only reason more people have been lifted out of poverty in the shortest time than in all of human history. Mexico's lack of those policies is why it's still 100 years behind. Facts are facts, grow up, and just try calling me a white supremacist to my face. I support fact based policy, I don't care who's signing the checks.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-6-2019 at 07:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

Those "white supremacy" policies is exactly why the United States is what it is and Mexico is still a third wold SH. It's the only reason you have computer to type out your 3rd grade knowledge to everyone. Those policies are the only reason more people have been lifted out of poverty in the shortest time than in all of human history. Mexico's lack of those policies is why it's still 100 years behind. Facts are facts, grow up, and just try calling me a white supremacist to my face. I support fact based policy, I don't care who's signing the checks.

Yeah right, it's all about "white supremacy" policies that make America great. Hitler, if I recall was building a great Aryan White race, before that fell apart. Maybe Trump will be more successful.

Nobody has to call you a white supremacist Timinator, you pretty much admitted it yourself with your post. I do like your honesty and it explains why Trump so much time bashing immigrants and talking about the wall. He does it for his base that thinks exactly like you Timinator.

I would change Norte's statement above and say it would be like Mexico demanding that US do something about its insatiable appetite for illegal drugs.

[Edited on 4-6-2019 by JoeJustJoe]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-6-2019 at 07:18 AM

Those "white supremacy" policies is exactly why the United States is what it is and Mexico is still a third wold SH.

I am always surprised when you racists defend your blatant bigotry.

Your defense of slavery and segregation is shameful, and wrong.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-6-2019 at 09:27 AM

MS-13 gang member detained at border with 'fake family unit' sent texts telling others to do the same, CBP says.

FOX News VideosApril 5, 2019, 10:44 AM GMT

In an exclusive interview, the Rio Grande Border Patrol chief tells Fox News that migrants recognize there are gaps in U.S. immigration policies.

[Edited on 4-6-2019 by fishbuck]

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-6-2019 at 09:48 AM

:saint:
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Those "white supremacy" policies is exactly why the United States is what it is and Mexico is still a third wold SH.

I am always surprised when you racists defend your blatant bigotry.

Your defense of slavery and segregation is shameful, and wrong.

That is not what he did.
He is not defending anything but the good old United States of America.
Our diversity is one of our strenghths. One of many.
No individual group can lay claim to our success as a nation.
But we are sucessful . And we will never apologize for that or allow any lesser nation try to shame us for it.
It won't work.
We are much stronger and much smarter than that.
And I and people like me will never allow people like Joe or anyone else to undermine our country, political system, or American way of life.
God bless the United States of America

[Edited on 4-6-2019 by fishbuck]

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.