BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Trump gives Mexico a 'one-year warning' to stop drugs, migrants or he will tax cars and close border
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 10:26 AM

"Fishbuck, why do you even post this story? "

I did that for you Joe.

They are the current events for this story about which you seem so wholly misinformed.
I used 3 reputable national newspapers.
I also wanted to see you contort yourself into calling the newpaper reporters racists.
You, the one bringing race into this, are knowingly calling everyone else a racist.
In the United State of America we call that:

hy·poc·ri·sy
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; 

[Edited on 4-7-2019 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 04:30 PM

An interesting tidbit:

Trump issued 33,000 H2B work visas last summer and plans to issue 30,000 more in the coming months.

This from someone making wild threats to close the border. Most of the 33,000 were issued to folks from Central America.

This man spews rhetoric to fire y'all up but in the final scheme of things his policies are schizophrenic and fueled by his juvenile need for attention. He changes his tune on a moment by moment basis.
Is his instability what we need in a world with huge pressing issues? I think not.
We need someone who can think things through and come up with reasonable, workable policies.
Now Nielson is out. Can't even keep track of how many have come and gone. What private company would still be afloat with this kind of chaos?
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 04:50 PM

Another quack psychologist? Quack psychiatry perhaps?

The news is full of this nonsense.
More Democrat dilusional psychosis is my fake diagnosis of your paranoid and confused state.
We call it DIMS for short.
You should be removed immediately because you don't think how I think. You are a danger to yourself.
Vote Trump:coolup:

[Edited on 4-7-2019 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by azucena  
An interesting tidbit:
.... What private company would still be afloat with this kind of chaos?

Trump University

Trump Taj Mahal

Trump Vodka

Trump Wines

Trump Steaks

etc

etc

etc

et al

:rolleyes:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 04:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
An interesting tidbit:

Trump University

Trump Taj Mahal

Trump Vodka

Trump Wines

Trump Steaks

etc

etc

etc

et al

And name all the companies you have been involved with.
And your networth.
When you have more money than President Trump...
You get to be president:lol:

Vote Trump!

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 05:13 PM

Fishbuck
Not nonsense nor fake news. Easy to check on Homeland website.
I have not insulted you personally. Please do not insult me. And what of your threat to remove me? Really? Have we gotten so low we can not tolerate a different opinion? A different mind set? Do I not have the right to say what I think about Trump?
What makes America great?
The right for each of us to have our opinions and express them without being denigrated .
Healthy , non abusive debate is what solves problems.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 05:19 PM

BTW We really don't know what Trump's net worth is because he won't release his tax returns.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 05:41 PM

Yes the separation DHS Secretary is out!

I guess she didn't separate enough children from their parents to satisfy Trump.

You have to wonder if Trump's DHS plans were going so well, why is Nielsen out?

Lets post a news links from "Fox News" because it's the only news outlet some around here will believe.

Nielsen resigns as DHS secretary after White House meeting with Trump

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nielsen-resigns-dhs-secreta...

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 06:01 PM

Fishbuck
Not nonsense nor fake news. Easy to check on Homeland website.
I have not insulted you personally. Please do not insult me. And what of your threat to remove me? Really? Have we gotten so low we can not tolerate a different opinion? A different mind set? Do I not have the right to say what I think about Trump?
What makes America great?
The right for each of us to have our opinions and express them without being denigrated .
Healthy , non abusive debate is what solves problems.

You are what we call in the fake psychologicist biz as
"Tone-deaf"
I wouldn't call it an insult exactly... rather polite actually...:lol:

tone-deaf
adjective

\ ˈtōn-ˌdef  \

Definition of tone-deaf

2: having or showing an obtuse insensitivity or lack of perception particularly in matters of public sentiment

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 06:29 PM

Washington Examiner
by Tiana Lowe
April 04, 2019 04:49 PM

Again, the media help unethical armchair psychiatrists target Trump and stigmatize mental illness.

At some point, one in five Americans experiences mental illness, ranging from mood disorders to psychoses. Yet fewer than half will obtain mental health services, leading to hundreds of billions of dollars of lost economic output each year, to say nothing of the human cost.

Sure, a shortage of healthcare services may be part of the problem, but stigma against mental illness plays a large role. This helps explain why it is so odious that armchair psychiatrists, from the professional class to the media, would make the stigma worse just to score a petty victory over President Trump.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 06:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
An interesting tidbit:

Trump University

Trump Taj Mahal

Trump Vodka

Trump Wines

Trump Steaks

etc

etc

etc

et al

And your networth.

Vote Trump!

this makes it clear why trump loves the poorly educated. btw, net worth is two words.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 06:44 PM

Fishbuck,
I beg to differ. There are people everywhere who agree with me . And , those that agree with you.
When Obama was President, I suspect you expressed your opinions, not favorable ones, and are you not glad you could do so? So, respect my right to express how I feel about Trump.
Why is it that you engage in name calling ? That is the definition of "tondeaf".
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 07:10 PM

Fishbuck,
I beg to differ. There are people everywhere who agree with me . And , those that agree with you.
When Obama was President, I suspect you expressed your opinions, not favorable ones, and are you not glad you could do so? So, respect my right to express how I feel about Trump.
Why is it that you engage in name calling ? That is the definition of "tondeaf".

Mr. Azucena.

I think I voted for President Obama. I don't remember.
But he was my president. And I put my faith and trust in him. I gave him all my support.
Maybe I didn't agree with him. But I did my best to let him run the country... his way.
I still like him.

I fully support your right to form your own view of the world and speak about it.

Right to pursue happiness
Right to free speech.

God bless the United States of America.
God bless Mr. President Trump
Vote Trump
Make America great again.

If I may make a suggestion sir.
Please consider that there may be sarcasm in my posts.

SARCASM
noun 

2)  the use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, or to criticize something in a humorous way.

Please apply this definition with that of "tone deaf".

Thank you

[Edited on 4-8-2019 by fishbuck]

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 07:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
An interesting tidbit:

Trump University

Trump Taj Mahal

Trump Vodka

Trump Wines

Trump Steaks

etc

etc

etc

et al

And your networth.

Vote Trump!

this makes it clear why trump loves the poorly educated. btw, net worth is two words.

Great.
Thank you for the kerection

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 08:19 PM

Mr. Azucena.

I think I voted for President Obama. I don't remember.
But he was my president. And I put my faith and trust in him. I gave him all my support.
Maybe I didn't agree with him. But I did my best to let him run the country... his way.
I still like him.

I fully support your right to form your own view of the world and speak about it.

Right to pursue happiness
Right to free speech.

God bless the United States of America.
God bless Mr. President Trump
Vote Trump
Make America great again.

If I may make a suggestion sir.
Please consider that there may be sarcasm in my posts.

SARCASM
noun 

2)  the use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, or to criticize something in a humorous way.

Please apply this definition with that of "tone deaf".

Thank you

So not only do you Fishbuck, join Trump, in bigoted negative stereotyping against Latino immigrants south of the border, but it appears you are joining Trump by telling whoppers!

So you can't remember if you voted for Obama or not, but you think you did, and you gave him great support?

Really do you expect us to believe you that you can't recall who you voted for?

If I recall the tea-party hated Obama with a passion, although they claimed be to bothered by the growing deficit, most of us beleive the tea-party hated Obama because the color of his skin. Notice the tea-party has no problem with Trump running up the deficit.

So if we liberals bash the hell out of Trump, just accept it, that's how the game is played.

I'm almost sorry I used to attack George Bush, because at least The Bush Presidents were decent people. I can't say the same about Trump.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 09:08 PM

Bash away, Joe, Bash away.
Right to free speech...

Guess what... me too;)

So if you aren't tired of this yet I'm not either.

Land of the Free and Home of the Brave!

VOTE TRUMP

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-8-2019 at 12:04 AM

California governor says El Salvador trip a counter to Trump

Associated Press April 7, 2019, 10:46 PM PDT

SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador (AP) — California Gov. Gavin Newsom said Sunday his visit to El Salvador serves as a counter-narrative to what he called President Donald Trump's demoralizing and toxic rhetoric about Central American migrants.

"Right now you have a president that talks down to people, talks past them, demoralizing folks living here and their relatives in the United States," Newsom told reporters to close out the first day of his trip. "I think it's important to let folks know that's not our country — that's an individual in our country who happens at this moment to be president."

Newsom, a Democrat who took office in January, chose El Salvador as his first international trip because California is home to both the United States' largest Salvadoran population and its busiest border crossing.

His visit comes as Trump moves to cut millions of dollars in U.S. aid to El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala and demands those three nations and Mexico do more to stop migrants from entering the United States.

There has been a surge of immigrants seeking asylum from the Central American nations. About 3,000 unaccompanied children and 12,000 family members from El Salvador have arrived at the U.S.-Mexico border since October.

Newsom kicked off his trip with a visit to the tomb of Saint Oscar Romero, the Salvadoran priest assassinated in 1980 at the start of the nation's civil war because of his advocacy for human rights and the poor.

The visit served as a symbol of Newsom's desire to learn about the social and economic hardships forcing Salvadorans to leave. After a private tour of the cathedral where Romero preached, Newsom lit a candle near Romero's tomb in the cathedral basement alongside his wife, Jennifer Siebel Newsom, and California state Assemblywoman Wendy Carrillo.

Newsom's trip includes meetings with President Salvador Sanchez Ceren, U.S. Ambassador Jean Manes and President-elect Nayib Bukele. He'll also tour a reintegration center that processes Salvadorans deported from the United States and Mexico, see a cultural demonstration in a rural town, meet with human rights groups and discuss economic development and gang intervention.

Newsom said he's figuring out in real time what more California can do to help tackle the root causes of migration, namely deep poverty and gang violence. El Salvador is one of the world's most violent countries, with the gangs MS-13 and Barrio 18 exerting strong control. The minimum wage is just $300 per month.

Mayor Ernesto Muyshondt of San Salvador, the capital city, said he hopes Newsom can use his political influence to halt the cuts to U.S. aid, saying cuts will halt the countries progress and could cause more people to flee.

In Newsom's first three months in office, he has fought the Trump administration on perhaps no issue as much as immigration, suing over the president's emergency declaration to build a southern border wall and pledging $25 million in state money to help asylum seekers.

The Trump administration has not commented on Newsom's trip, but Republicans in California have said the governor should be more focused on poverty back home.

"The tragic circumstances that drive migrants from their homes should remind us that we have people living in crushing poverty in our own communities. Our attention and resources should be focused there," Republican state Assemblyman Devon Mathis said in a statement.

Newsom pushed back on critics, saying immigration is a driving political and policy issue that affects California more than any other state.

"How do you understand California without understanding all the diverse cultures that make it the most diverse state?" he said. "It's fundamental it seems to me to governing a state. That's why I'm here in the first months."

While Newsom hopes to plant a counter-narrative to Trump, he is barely known in El Salvador, a country just over 6 million people.

Before Newsom's visit to the cathedral, people milled about on the Gerardo Barrios Plaza, a public square out front. Only one of a half dozen people who spoke with The Associated Press said they were aware the governor of California was coming to visit, and none knew his name.

Manuel Lara, 52, has family living in Los Angeles and said he learned of Newsom's trip from the news. Lara tried to come to the United States unsuccessfully in the 1980s and now works in construction in El Salvador. He makes $10 per day.

He said Newsom's trip was a good thing given Trump's threats to rescind aid.

Lidia Rosales said she is out of work because there are not enough jobs for teachers. Even if there were, the $125 monthly pay teachers make is not enough to live comfortably, she said. She said she doesn't like how Trump talks about Latinos. But she had not heard of Newsom or why he was visiting.

Newsom said starting the trip at Romero's tomb was an event that brought full circle some of his earliest political awakenings and Catholic upbringing.

"I never thought I'd be kneeling in front of Saint Romero as governor of California," he said.

___

This story has been corrected to say that President Donald Trump is cutting millions in U.S. aid to El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 4-8-2019 at 01:20 PM

No surprise that Nielsen thought Trump was becoming increasingly unhinged.

Now that we are hearing that Trump, demanded the Border by El Paso, closed down, but officials had to talk Trump, out of it.

It appears that Trump, thinks he could override Federal laws on a whim.

What's really sad is that that nut-case, racist Stephen Miller, has Trump's ear, and both have plans to fill the administration with hardliners.

Trump Official to CNN: Kirstjen Nielsen Thought President Was Becoming ‘Increasingly Unhinged’ on Immigration

Kirstjen Nielsen‘s abrupt resignation as Homeland Security Secretary came at the request of President Donald Trump, over clashes on immigration policy, according to multiple reports.

A senior White House official told Axios’s Jonathan Swan that Trump wasn’t satisfied with Nielsen, and asked for her resignation. “He didn’t think she was getting the job done,” the official said.

CBS News reported that Nielsen’s departure is part of a “massive overhaul” of DHS “engineered and directed” by Stephen Miller, a top Trump adviser and immigration hardliner.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-official-to-cnn-kirstje...

azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2019 at 04:07 PM

Fishbuck
Just to say , you referred to me as Mr. Azucena above. No offense taken but it is Ms. Azucena. I am a woman.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-8-2019 at 04:58 PM

Fishbuck
Just to say , you referred to me as Mr. Azucena above. No offense taken but it is Ms. Azucena. I am a woman.

....don't confuse fishface with facts. He may grab yer kitty. Just sayin, buzzards of a feather.... :spingrin:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.