Bruder Expedition Trailer - wow

It has to run about 100K, but what a unit -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rao14joQE-4
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2019 at 06:45 PM
And the cost is.....

This website price is two years old, but still hefly

Bruder launched the EXP-6 in Australia this month, where it starts at AU$105,000. The first units will be delivered next month. Availability won't be limited to Australia as Bruder has its sights on the global market. In the US, the EXP-6 prices in at US$68,000. Bruder estimates a $3,000 US shipping cost and plans to set up a more formal distribution network by early 2017.
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2019 at 10:05 PM

hello fellow 4WD Action fan!

Trailers sure are a pain in the butt to tow out to some 4x4 spots, but so nice once you get there!

Im a sleep in the back of the truck man, but also quite jealous of my indoor living space brethren when we hit camp

[Edited on 4-7-2019 by defrag4]

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2019 at 10:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
This website price is two years old, but still hefly

Bruder launched the EXP-6 in Australia this month, where it starts at AU$105,000. The first units will be delivered next month. Availability won't be limited to Australia as Bruder has its sights on the global market. In the US, the EXP-6 prices in at US$68,000. Bruder estimates a $3,000 US shipping cost and plans to set up a more formal distribution network by early 2017.

Hey John, where are you getting that price from? I can't find it on their website. They do have prices for the EXP-4, which seems reasonable, untill you look at the price of the options, AC is 3800 US, heater, 1500, matress 2500 etc, prices will stack up quick
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 06:22 AM

Website review of the Bruder - the price is near the end of the article.

John M

https://newatlas.com/bruder-exp-6-trailer/43918/
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 07:22 AM

New Atlas has some pretty cool stuff.

For sleeping in the back of your truck:

Kimbo camper

For selling your house and trashing your retirement accounts:

Thor motorhome

:biggrin:

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 07:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DavidT  

For selling your house and trashing your retirement accounts:

Thor motorhome

:biggrin:

I only regret that I have but one house to sell for the sake of a motor home.....because it won't be enough!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 08:24 AM

Very nice. In Australia, they use the word 'caravan' for travel trailer and I did catch him using it once in this video for offshore sales.

I wonder if a camper version or fifth wheel version will be in the future?

Who remembers the early days of the Turtle Expedition and their fixed up camper units? I think they began with a Land Rover wagon and converted to a Ford pickup with a fancy, off-road camper on its back?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2019 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
Website review of the Bruder - the price is near the end of the article.

John M

https://newatlas.com/bruder-exp-6-trailer/43918/

Yeah, thats 2016 John. apparently they are "victims" of their own sucess. according to email from them I got yesterday, their starting price is 140K Australian, right at 100K US. And thats the base, you add heat, panels, a mattress, AC, washing machine, kitchen - now you are moving close to 130K. and they do have a waiting list , but they wont tell you how long it is.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2019 at 08:11 AM

Anyone who has pulled a trailer knows how limiting they can be. You just don't go places where you can't turn it around or manuever it. It would be perfect behind your EarthRoamer to keep you out of all the places I like to go.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-9-2019 at 08:01 AM

Just a little over priced will people buy them in the US. Not anybody I know.
Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2019 at 10:37 AM

Spending that kind of money on a rig that you are going to beat the crap out of on bush roads is crazy. A friend of mine from Europe has a Unimog that is all done up. He spent just shy of a million US on that thing. I can go pretty much anywhere he can with my used F350 and Bigfoot camper that set me back $30000 CDN.

My experience is that most people with those fancy pants rigs never do much “ Booney Bashing” because they are worried about scratching it up.
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2019 at 12:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mulege Canuck  

My experience is that most people with those fancy pants rigs never do much “ Booney Bashing” because they are worried about scratching it up.

yessir, spent a week last year in Moab bashing my 2wd RV around to all kinds of great back-road camp spots, came in to resupply twice and both times saw a group full of massive 4x4 Earth Roamers all corraled up at the lameo KOA... typical

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.