Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato - Hotel
elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2019 at 08:41 PM
Punta Chivato - Hotel

Hey all: Never been out to Punta Chivato, is there a hotel out that way? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks, bk
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-12-2019 at 08:59 AM

There is the original hotel that made the point famous, built in the late 1960s, The Hotel Borrego del Oro, and renamed Hotel Punta Chivato... long ago closed and boarded-up (sad, as it is beautiful and great location).

In recent years, a smaller hotel (motel) has been in operation along the road to the old hotel. The locals call it a 'hotelito' and have functions there. It is called The 'Hotel Chivato' and restaurant. It is not on the coast but set back a ways.

Perhaps Nomad "Russ" can give an update as he lives nearby?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2019 at 10:12 AM

Thanks, maybe Russ will see.
PamelaP

Mood: Better in Baja! With wine of course!

[*] posted on 4-12-2019 at 01:00 PM

Yes, Hotelito is open, but may not be every day. I know the restaurant at least Fri, Sat and Sunday brunch. If I find out more tomorrow I will add to this. This is not the old big one that is still not in operation.
https://www.hotelchivato.com/

[Edited on 4-12-2019 by PamelaP]

Is there wine?
elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2019 at 01:50 PM

Thanks, Do you know if they are dog friendly?
Thanks, Brian
Russ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-13-2019 at 12:34 AM

Sorry I'm not well informed about the the hotel / restaurant. There is a new manager this season and I heard he'll open the hotel rooms as they are renovated. I'll try and get an update out when I find out what's going on there. There are rentals in the area too and they should be online somewhere.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2019 at 07:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Sorry I'm not well informed about the the hotel / restaurant. There is a new manager this season and I heard he'll open the hotel rooms as they are renovated. I'll try and get an update out when I find out what's going on there. There are rentals in the area too and they should be online somewhere.

That's encouraging news on the Hotel. Now if the fish would just come back

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-13-2019 at 08:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by watizname  
Quote: Originally posted by Russ  

That's encouraging news on the Hotel. Now if the fish would just come back

I presume Russ is talking about the hotelito, not the grand old place on the point?

Yes, the old hotel (last known as La Posada de los Flores) closed years ago. Hotellito is much smaller.
Russ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-13-2019 at 09:18 AM

Just got the word: Wed, Thur, Fri & Sat restaurant open from noon to 8pm +/-, Sunday breakfast 8am to noon.
The Hotelito is on the back burner for awhile. Sorry I didn't get contact info. This is a transitional time for them and improvements under a new manager are a huge positive from what I'm hearing. Camping beach is open I understand but no toilets,water or other services. That's a shame!

[Edited on 4-13-2019 by Russ]

PamelaP

Mood: Better in Baja! With wine of course!

[*] posted on 4-14-2019 at 09:46 AM

Hotelito is run by Eugene, he has the restaurant open as Russ stated, he told me yesterday that the hotel rooms are rent-able but he is not focused on that as of yet, but if you show up as ask, he will rent you a room. The food is fantastic!!! Santa Fe Chicken yesterday was perfect!

Is there wine?
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 4-14-2019 at 09:51 AM

Does Steele own the Hotelito ?
Russ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-14-2019 at 04:09 PM

Yes, as far as I know Steel does own it. But he doesn't have the skills to run it well. His friend Eugen has made friends here and appears to have the staff working well and making some good meals and customers. There really isn't a large customer base here to draw from and so limited days and working with us for special events is important. I wish Eugen well.

elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2019 at 09:57 AM

Thanks for the replies. bk

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.