Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fideicomiso after Fiduwhat
Mika
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2019 at 08:13 PM
Fideicomiso after Fiduwhat

Hi,

I heard Fiduwhat is sold and now I am hoping to know how I can pay my property tax. As soon as I read the similar topic here I sent Lourdes an email but I haven't heard anything. I am guessing that she is not checking or doesn't have access to that email address anymore?

In the past I just sent my check to Fiduwhat or when I was in Baja I walked in to the office and paid for it so I don't know what to do any other ways.

I don't have Bancomer account. What is my option? Thank you for any help and advice!
FelizCanadian

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 04:49 AM

I paid our fideocamiso in their Cabo office a few weeks ago .... hmmmm i sure hope they paid Bancomer and nothing shady is going on.
volcano
Nomad

Mood: always pining to be there

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 06:54 AM

fiduwhat_luly@hotmail.com...........this is the email that she recently responded from after receiving my payment...confirming receipt.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 07:16 AM

Folks (meaning anyone with a fide), if at all possible, try and remove any middlemen between you and the holder of your fide.

We have had a few cases of supposed "facilitators" in San Carlos who weren't actually making the payments to the bank. Just absconding with the money. In some cases, it was discovered years later when the owners die or sell or whatever.

This is generally not a transaction where you need to be fluent in Spanish. You see the figure, you see the date, you pay the amount, you get a receipt.

We know of a few who, because they have never been exposed to Spanish their whole lives, feel they have to use these facilitators. Your fide is too important to place a potential weak link in between you and the fide. A facilitating firm can be completely honest and one dishonest employee can upset the pitahaya cart.

Yes, sometimes making the payment is geographically undesirable if there is no office close by. But the alternative can be worse.

Boy, a middleman and Bancomer sounds like a real recipe for trouble. I would cross check that against the bank's records IMMEDIATELY. Problem is, as many have discovered over here, Bancomer has proven to be atrocious at record keeping, or even finding out who deals with their fides.

BTW, we discovered our fide-holder, Banco Interacciones, was sold to Banorte in 2018. All that changed was the nameplate on the office. Same personnel, same office, same payment. These firms often have English speaking personnel anyway.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 07:34 AM

My Fide is with Bancomer and for the last 10 years I have been sending my payment (a bank check from my credit union) to their PO box in San Ysidro. No problem so far and if their ever is a problem I have the cancelled checks to prove payment. At least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
And also I made the first couple of payments to a Bancomer branch in Ensenada and I don't have an account either so evidently you don't have to have a Bancomer account to make a Fide payment.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 09:33 AM

You can pay your Fideo with Bancomer at any Bancomer branch. No intermediary required.

All you need is your Fideo Number. Look on your actual Fideo, on a past receipt, or on any correspondence about your fideo.

Just go up to any teller window, show them the number, and tell them that you want to pay for the fideo. "Yo quiero pagar los honorarios."

The teller will take the money and issue a window receipt with the fideo number, the acct holders names as in their system, and the purpose of the payment. (annual fees = honorarios)

Couldn't be easier.

Buen Suerte!
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 03:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by RnR  
(annual fees = honorarios)

I would have though "anualidad" to be the right term for that context. Where did you hear "honorarios"? :?:

That is what is printed on the Bancomer receipt - "Paga - Honararios por Fideicomiso #xxxxxxxx"

Google Translate comes up with two or three terms for "fees" and "honorario" is of them, also.

¿Quién sabe...?
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 03:52 PM

Honorarios could be "dues" as well?

John
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 06:59 PM
YOUR BANCOMER RECEIPT IS THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS!

This is current information. Anyone with a Fideicomiso at Bancomer needs to know that Bancomer KEEPS NO RECORDS OR RECEIPTS. It is YOUR responsibility to be able to prove you paid your annual Fideicomiso fee to them. If you don't keep your receipts for each and every year, you WILL be required to pay your annual fee for any year you cannot provide a receipt when you go to sell your property!

We are on the buying end of a current transaction. The seller, now 93 years old, has had her Fideicomiso with Bancomer for 30 years (2018 was the expiring year ~ because 30 years ago they were only issued for 30 and not 50 years.) She paid her fee every year. During our transaction, Bancomer announced that they had no record of payment for the last dozen years of her fideicomiso; that she owed 12 years' worth of back fees, with interest, to Bancomer before the transaction can proceed. In this case, she had kept her receipts for the last 12 years and more, issued directly to her by Bancomer in Loreto. With no apology or shame, the bank accepted the receipts.

We were also informed that Bancomer is no longer in the Fideicomiso business. They are no longer processing new Fideicomisos. They recommended Banca Mifel.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.