BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: auto pay CFE with a usa credit card?
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 01:23 PM
auto pay CFE with a usa credit card?

is anyone doing it? how does it work? the local CFE guy told me i needed to go to the head-shed in la paz to set it up. thanks in advance for the replies.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 01:49 PM

update. i found a web site called xoom.com it is a pal-pal business. very easy to pay the cfe.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 05:14 PM

thanks for sharing that info pacificobob, we have been trying to sign up for online CFE and you would think we want sentry passes.

just ridiculous

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 06:28 AM

i am happy to finally stop beating my head against the wall trying to pay on the CFE web page!
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 07:33 AM

Thank you. OMG - this is wonderful and so easy.
I live 1 hour away from CFE, TelMex and TelCel.
Mil Gracias!
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 09:04 AM

You can pay CFE bill with your US credit card, but not online.
For online payment you need to use a Mexican Credit Card, and for automatic payments, you need a bank account with one of the Mexican banks.
I used to do online payments with my Banamex card, then I must hit another button at the CFE website......and started the automatic payment by accident. it went very well, until the banks changed my account, and created a real nightmare. So far I was not able to get back into the automatic CFE payment service......ongoing
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 02:15 PM

xoom is pretty handy, can top up your telcel on there as well

I used to use to transfer funds around down in South America to take advantage of some USD->Argentinian peso currency conversions

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 02:38 PM

I have not used Xoom to pay bills in Mexico. I use it many times to send money it is very good. Unlike Western Union Mexico the worst.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 07:40 PM

For those with resident status, - get Mex bank account already. There are basic plans with 0 monthly fee if you keep as little as 1,000 peso. This is the only thing that RT/RP is good for, - paying CFE online :)

Xoom is owned by Paypal and have same poor exchange rate as Paypal. Plus, a few bucks service fee every time. There is also an app called Pagamobil, same few bucks fee, probably same poor rate. Not very important with small amounts, but why losing any money at all...

Here is an interesting article, it says that Amex also works: Trials and Tribulations
Cappy
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 05:05 AM

Very handy
Thank you
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 06:47 AM

We just estimate our bill and pay in advance at an office, for the months we are gone to the States. It's not like we would be earning beau coup interest on that money, these days. We get a receipt for the amount right there.

Their accounting has always been spot on. The credit amount shows up on the following bill and it is progressively deducted from. We use a Cap One credit card so we get the points, too.

No need for a Mex bank account or going online and using a service.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 10:36 AM

There may be a need to pay online when there is no CFE office in town, and no OXXO either. The only other option would be making a stop where you don't want to, and during normal business hours, on your return trip - unless there is automatic terminal outside, which is also unlikely in smaller towns, and if terminal doesn't work, than you're out of options and have to use Xoom. Last year Xoom didn't work with CFE. This year it does. Next year - who knows...

[Edited on 5-7-2019 by Alm]
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 10:49 AM

Several posts on FACEBOOK in Ensenada, TJ and Mexicali where XOOM double billed the people paying their CFE invoices.
So far I am unable to trust any Mexican business to auto-charge any os my accounts.
Think of it...you are wanting to pay a bill in a foreign country with a credit/debit card from an American account!

Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  
xoom is pretty handy, can top up your telcel on there as well

I used to use to transfer funds around down in South America to take advantage of some USD->Argentinian peso currency conversions

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 10:52 AM

OXXO......and a 24 to go ;)
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 10:53 AM

This is what we have done for the last 8 years. Your landline and CFE bills probably don't add up to more than $1000 Pesos per month (about $50 USD). For all these years, my cell phone. landline and CFE (3 accounts @ CFE), have had a credit on the books since I first started paying. Every month I get an invoice that says I have a credit.

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
We just estimate our bill and pay in advance at an office, for the months we are gone to the States. It's not like we would be earning beau coup interest on that money, these days. We get a receipt for the amount right there.

Their accounting has always been spot on. The credit amount shows up on the following bill and it is progressively deducted from. We use a Cap One credit card so we get the points, too.

No need for a Mex bank account or going online and using a service.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 11:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  

So far I am unable to trust any Mexican business to auto-charge any os my accounts.
Think of it...you are wanting to pay a bill in a foreign country with a credit/debit card from an American account!

Cross-border transactions complicate things for businesses and cost extra.

If you live there and have a status, Mex bank with a small amount is a no brainer. Choosing an auto-pay (with a bank) is an option, you may initiate session manually every time.

Rejecting US card online is not unique in Mexico, I've seen this happening with other online transactions there.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2019 at 06:58 AM

auto pay from the bank is not an effective solution. the bank pays on the same day each month. cfe due days change . i have had them auto pay a day late, power gets turned off and i have a credit at cfe. THEN pay the reconnect fee. the bank will tell you its the CFEs fault,cfe blames the bank.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.