Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Marthitas in Vizcaino and PAN too
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 08:44 PM

if I would want to find it while in Vizcaino - I would easily find it with all the information provided

however, if I wanted to put a location and a name on a map (like David's stuff), then I would need a pinpoint location and an accurate name.

Harald Pietschmann
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 08:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Google Earth is not omniscient ;)

well...
Google Earth shows 2 photos in that location
one fore Hotel del Sol - one for Hotel Martitha

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 10:29 PM

Harald, zoom in on Hotel del Sol, the two appear, then just the Hotel Martitha shows. See the red dart on my Google Map image?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 11:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Harald,
you have personal directions from several folks....and DK's post w/ sat pic.

That's all you need.....Blanca's post is the most recent "been there" info....

Google Earth is not omniscient ;)

The town ain’t that big. It takes 2 minutes to drive the length of the main street. If you miss the hotel first time driving thru town on 1, it only takes 2 minutes to drive the street again :light:

You don’t need gps to navigate this small town :!:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 06:39 AM

Ya gotta love this forum. The only one around that can take a simple restaurant review and turn it into a major discussion on directions. MORE MAPS!
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 08:15 AM

who said maps?

how about 21st century?

27°38'54.94"N, 113°23'6.33"W

Harald Pietschmann
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
We ate there a few times but didn't have the best experiences with service and value. The bakery is okay, too.

I have to agree with this assessment, and I've eaten there recently, and stayed at their motel. It certainly doesn't rank with the better restaurants in Guerrero Negro to the north nor with San Ignacio to the south.

The best 'bakery' bread I've found in Vizcaino is just a clay oven by the side of the highway where bread is sold as it's made. They called it Sinaloa bread and it was delicious. On the right side of the highway entering town from the south.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 10:50 AM

Harald, I was there last week. Both hotel names are in front as if one hotel has two names. Another possibility is that the Del Sol is behind the Martitha? There are two buildings with the same front entrance. I was at the auto shop on the south side and took a photo...

Notice the name over the arched entrance: Hotel Martitha along with the Hotel del Sol sign. There is also a restaurant here called Martitha.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.