Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RIP my brother Clifford McKay
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 06:34 AM
RIP my brother Clifford McKay

I got the news yesterday morning that my brother Cliff had passed away in his trailer at San Quintin. My brother Dave & I are headed down in a couple hours to deal with this unpleasant situation.

Our friend Albert Anthony Cota (Tony) wrote this nice eulogy.

Albert Anthony Cota is with Cliff McKay.

He was truly one of the nicest guys on the planet and a very special soul.............

I received a message from Cliff McKay's brother Stephen that Cliff had passed away in his trailer in San Quintin, Baja California. Cliff had recently celebrated his 60th birthday. However, as Stephen pointed out to me, Cliff wasn't supposed to live past the age of 18.

Cliff was one of those rarities that never thought anything but the best about someone. He had a refreshing innocence about him while living in a world that was completely jaded. Cliff was a trusting soul that would give you the shirt off his back or the money in his wallet. And a more loyal friend doesn't exist.

Everyone that was touched by this special person is still in shock and rightfully so. A little over a year ago, Cliff retired from his longtime job and moved his belongings from the San Diego area down to San Quintin. Since then, he lived in a trailer in a gated community that was a stone throw away from the Bay of San Quintin. During past vacations, Cliff was always happiest in the Baja and finally made the move to live his dream. While he had a lot of freedom and independence, there were still people close by that thought the world of Cliff and were there for him if he needed anything.

My heart goes out to Stephen and Debbie as well as Dave and Stephanie. They will be in my thoughts and prayers in the weeks and months to come.

And what about Cliff? As I sincerely believe that we are creatures that are destined for eternity, Cliff is living in a place right now where he can do all of the things that he likes to do without the shackles of the disabilities that he had to live with during his time on earth. I can't help but think that he is happy as a clam and enjoying a Margarita that is even tastier than the ones that I made for him.

Cliff, enjoy your time in Heaven, old friend. At some point, all of your loved ones that are still here on earth will catch up with you buddy! Just don't drink all of the tequila in the meantime!

With a heart full of love,
Tony

[Edited on 5-7-2019 by 55steve]

20180522_173558 (380x285).jpg - 143kB
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 07:01 AM

Wonderful memorial to your brother. So glad you got to spend more time with him than anyone originally thought, on this earth.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2019 at 08:08 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope all goes well for you with your unpleasant task ahead.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2019 at 02:26 AM

So sorry for your loss, Steve.
Heaven must need more heroes...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2019 at 07:58 AM

Good day greetings Steve,
What a beautifully expressed eulogy from Tony.
Tommy and I hope you find comfort in the embrace of friends and loved ones around you now.
Rest in Peace Cliff.

Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

Mood: Muy Pacifico

[*] posted on 5-26-2019 at 11:42 AM

Sorry to hear this Steve. I'm pretty sure I remember meeting Cliff at Geckos years ago. You are a good brother and son. My condolences.
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2019 at 09:57 PM

Here's a shot of Cliff at Molino Viejo when I was down to help him celebrate his 60th birthday in March 2019

COLOR_POP (1) (380x214).jpg - 71kB
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2019 at 01:53 AM

That is a nice photo of him at his 60th. How great that he got to live out his dream!

Wish I had met him, he sounds like my kind of people.

RIP and please don't drink up all the tequila.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-27-2019 at 11:24 AM

My deepest condolences.
60 is too young. I hope you have many good memories.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.