Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Please report on San Ysidro crossing on 5/14
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 12:35 PM

I shouldn't be surprised at the number of selfish people posting about their personal inconvenience in being delayed driving South.

The checkpoint is in place to deter money and arms getting into the hands of the wrong people.

How is this dumb and a bad idea?

Crybabies need to get a life!

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
I shouldn't be surprised at the number of selfish people posting about their personal inconvenience in being delayed driving South.

The checkpoint is in place to deter money and arms getting into the hands of the wrong people.

I wonder what you would say if you crossed the border frequently.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 12:49 PM

folks don't want to be impeded on their quest for one of those "tacos":P
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 12:51 PM
Border Crossing

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

I do, and it doesn't bother me
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 12:53 PM

People smuggling easily available American guns into Mexico is 100% a real problem! But why is the American government screening for that? Why can't the Mexican government do it?

Oh, it's because that's not what these inspection points are about. This is about screening and tracking non-citizens and probably US citizens as well.

[Edited on 5-15-2019 by apple]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

I do, and it doesn't bother me

You're lucky, I don't like waiting in line.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 12:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
folks don't want to be impeded on their quest for one of those "tacos":P

Or get home after working all day. 99% of southbound crossers are workers.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 01:10 PM

these sporadic inspections started 10 years ago, in two years they confiscated nearly ninety million bucks, a couple hundred weapons and twenty-five thousand rounds......dumb as hell you say?
relax, the tacos will still be here :coolup:
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 01:16 PM

Then why don't the Mexicans do it?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 01:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
these sporadic inspections started 10 years ago, in two years they confiscated nearly ninety million bucks, a couple hundred weapons and twenty-five thousand rounds......dumb as hell you say?
relax, the tacos will still be here :coolup:

I googled trying to find data like you posted. I suppose there are data indicating that this is a worthwhile effort but I couldn't find it. You wouldn't happen to have a link, would you?

[Edited on 5-15-2019 by SFandH]

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 01:30 PM

I wonder if this is the prime driver:

"The new lanes will also serve a critical step in taking biometric data from non-US travelers, as part of a mandate from the United States Congress, to record the departure of these individuals from the country."

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 01:57 PM

I wonder if this is the prime driver:

"The new lanes will also serve a critical step in taking biometric data from non-US travelers, as part of a mandate from the United States Congress, to record the departure of these individuals from the country."

Bingo! We have a winner! And what makes anyone think it is only for the non-US traveler?

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 02:48 PM

The legal reasoning behind the Southbound Inspection points is from this law: DIVISION C-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION REFORM AND IMMIGRANT RESPONSIBILITY ACT OF 1996
Quote:

C. 110. AUTOMATED ENTRY-EXIT CONTROL SYSTEM. (a) SYSTEM.-Not later than 2 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Attorney General shall develop an automated entry and exit control system that will- (1) collect a record of departure for every alien departing the United States and match the records of departure with the record of the alien's arrival in the United States; and (2) enable the Attorney General to identify, through on-line searching procedures, lawfully admitted nonimmigrants who remain in the United States beyond the period authorized by the Attorney General.

But Trump's travel (Muslim) ban added Biometric screenings to that, and required DHS to speed up the implementation of the screenings that had largely been ignored since that law was passed in 1996
Quote:
The executive order requires DHS to expedite the development of the biometric entry-exit screening system recommended by the 9-11 Commission.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/404625-will-trumps-b...
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 02:51 PM

Sec. 8. Expedited Completion of the Biometric Entry-Exit Tracking System. (a) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall expedite the completion and implementation of a biometric entry exit tracking system for in-scope travelers to the United States, as recommended by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-or...
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 03:09 PM

I wonder what biometric data they will be collecting and from who/whom. Everybody? Face photos?

[Edited on 5-15-2019 by SFandH]

apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 05:01 PM

Face pics/scans and fingerprints, and just from non-citizens
ZipLine
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 05:08 PM

How was southbound? Anybody get the third degree? Or is it quick and easy? Are they stopping everyone? Do you need to show your passport card/passport?

"Did you pack that bag yourself?"
ZipLine
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 05:11 PM

How's new waterboarding facility?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 07:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ZipLine  
How was southbound? Anybody get the third degree? Or is it quick and easy? Are they stopping everyone? Do you need to show your passport card/passport?

"Did you pack that bag yourself?"

There is a red light/green light system and a loudspeaker that barks instructions.. if you get a red light, it displays as a big red light in the shape of trump’s face blinking an angry red, and a loud speaker plays a recording of Donald trump shouting: “stop me!”

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 07:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Bingo! We have a winner! And what makes anyone think it is only for the non-US traveler?

Biometrics will likely be for non-US travelers only, for now. No need to check IDs of the US citizens same thorough, increasing load on the border agents and equipment. Unless they have reasons to believe that your US passport is fake.
But, to sort US from non-US, they will need you to show your passport or scan RFID, and then your exit can be automatically logged in, whether you're US or non-US.

[Edited on 5-16-2019 by Alm]
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.