Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Getting a Mexican Driver's License in Ensenada
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2019 at 12:55 PM

Since I'm PR and my wife isn't, guess I can always get TIP in her name, since we'd be driving into a non-free zone together.

So, it looks like for those wanting to go beyond the free zone, give up PR status, or get a MX DL and MX plated vehicle?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2019 at 02:07 PM

It may be worth getting a Mex car and license if you're a resident. I have a friend who claims he paid close to one half as compared to San Diego prices for a 2016 Honda. He lives 1/2 time in GDL. He keeps the car there and flies back and forth.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2019 at 06:05 PM

JJJ wrote:

Two, it appears, you want to game the system, and looking for the cheapest way to get past some legal barriers in Mexico regarding traveling, and your new Mexican drivers license was part of your objective.
---------------------

You are very wrong. Because I don't wish to share all the details of my life and why I do things I do, doesn't mean I am "gaming" any system. If I don't want to share it, then it's just none of your business.

Not fully spilling my guts over every little thing, particularly on a public forum, means nothing. But... if you wish it to be so, you can make up all sorts of stories and ideas about it. Go ahead.

--------------------

JJJ also wrote: ...looking for the cheapest way...

---------------------

I don't think hiring an excellent local attorney is the "cheapest way" to do anything. It is though, probably the best way to be sure you do something correctly.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 5-31-2019 at 07:23 PM

The answer to the question below is to game the system, and look for loop holes so you don't have to follow Mexican, US laws.

Why Are There So Many South Dakota License Plates in Mexico? The Answer Might Surprise You

http://qroo.us/2018/04/17/why-are-there-so-many-south-dakota...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-31-2019 at 07:29 PM

JoeJoe,
Do you really care where and how the elderly gringo retirees in Mexico get their drivers licenses?
I just hope they take give up the oversized trucks and take uber, as their reflexes and eyesight ain’t so good anymore, and they endanger us spring chickens πŸ“

🐐

[Edited on 6-1-2019 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

β€œ...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” β€œMy fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 07:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I just hope they take give up the oversized trucks and take uber, as their reflexes and eyesight ain’t so good anymore, and they endanger us spring chickens πŸ“

🐐

[Edited on 6-1-2019 by mtgoat666]

I'll be the first geezer to agree with you on that. I'm 70 and I am no longer relaxed behind the wheel. I much prefer a limo with a chauffeur on a perfectly smooth road while sipping an ice-cold c-cktail. I'll have to find a young guy (gal) next year in Mulege to drive me around, fetch the purified water and prepare my c-cktails. I'll supply the limo, or as close to one I can find.

Respect your elders and pay your social security taxes goat.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 09:32 AM
Driving in Mexico

For a Mexican driving test to be truly reflective of one's ability to fit in to the traffic scheme, one should be tested on the road and scored on (among other things) their ability to safely run stop signs/red lights, pass in dangerous situations and daringly exceed speed limits. Additionally, they might score on disposing of trash (especially beer containers) while underway.

At the end of the test, they could award an "achievement" sticker for the vehicle such as I created years back for my vehicles:

Aprendi Manejar en Mexico
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
6-13-2019 at 07:01 PM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.