Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TerraSal Scam
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 11:54 AM
TerraSal Scam

We get into G Negro early evening. We had to beat a last minute retreat from Bahia Concepcion because of an emergency at home. So we check into the hotel being told that the restaurant is open until 10pm.
The room is better than the usual p**s hole in Baja so we chilled until dinner time. THE RESTARUANT WAS CLOSED FOR MAINTANANCE! IT WAS NEVER OPEN! The POS at the desk lied to us. By the time we discovered this the P-nche at the desk had beat it out the back door.
We wove our way through road work barriers and open ditches in the dark to Malarrimo for dinner. What a joke this place has become. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

[Edited on 5-21-2019 by Marc]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 12:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
We get into G Negro early evening. We had to beat a last minute retreat from Bahia Concepcion because of an emergency at home. So we check into the hotel being told that the restaurant is open until 10pm.
The room is better than the usual p**s hole in Baja so we chilled until dinner time. THE RESTARUANT WAS CLOSED FOR MAINTANANCE! IT WAS NEVER OPEN! The POS at the desk lied to us. By the time we discovered this the P-nche at the desk had beat it out the back door.
We wove our way through road work barriers and open ditches in the dark to Malarrimo for dinner. What a joke this place has become. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Mario's is down the road 2-3 minute drive without going through all the construction in town.

Think the emergency at home has left you stresed. Understandable.

Generally, this kind of misinformation is common in Baja. No one intentionally mislead you.

Drive safely getting home. Keep breathing.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 12:08 PM

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Just be glad they didn't make chicken soup out of chicken chit.

John
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Mario's is down the road 2-3 minute drive without going through all the construction in town.

Think the emergency at home has left you stresed. Understandable.

Generally, this kind of misinformation is common in Baja. No one intentionally mislead you.

Drive safely getting home. Keep breathing.

Yes we noticed Mario's on the way back
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 01:10 PM

not much of a scam, have another margarita and it will be OK!

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 03:06 PM

perhaps some folks should avoid developing countries. maybe a stress-free life in a developed country is indicated.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 03:56 PM

Crikey! You sound like a PITA customer! Stop being a big baby! I feel sorry for the Terrasal staff that had to put up with you!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 04:11 PM

Oh come on Marc was just letting us know of an unexpected situation. Just info during a stressful trip. Lighten up....

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 04:14 PM

:lol:...internet muscles, have another near beer goat.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 04:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Oh come on Marc was just letting us know of an unexpected situation. Just info during a stressful trip. Lighten up....

ya, but....using the term "scam" to describe a closed restaurant might be termed excessive by some. perhaps the Op should consider "lighten up"
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 04:21 PM

I have stayed there several times and had a great experience and the staff are outstanding
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 04:26 PM

Terra sal rest. sucks when its open but not nearly as bad as mal a reemo. Don Gus is the place to go. Terra sal is fine for a five and dive hotel but the internet is bad to say the least.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 04:35 PM

Don Gus gets my vote every time for a nice dinner!

I stopped booking rooms at Terra Sal when they would not reserve single rooms(with one king bed) for my groups..they would only allow me to reserve the big more costly doubles...even if it was only one person. They also screwed up many many reservations....no rooms when the guests showed up! Not cool.

When they opened I did lots of promotion for them and I booked hundereds of rooms over the first couple seasons and thats how they treat their loyal customers...bummer.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2019 at 04:50 PM

another vote for Don Gus
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 02:37 AM

Shari, that really is bad when they wont let you reserve a single. Bad decision on someone's part! Just think of all the revenue they passed up. Malissimo.

The internet works well in the restaurant at t Sal but not so in the rooms.

Do you know what? I think the staff ain't always that sharp at TSal. When we broke down in the truck coming back from the US years ago, I went ahead with my 80 year old Mom while Les waited for the tow truck. I asked the front desk to please let Les know that I was in the restaurant when he showed up. They told him I HADN'T SHOWN UP...oh my word. He is a smart guy and did some errands and came back to find me. Aye aye aye.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
tecatero
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 05:06 AM

We think TerraSal is the best thing to hit central baja since cell service. You sound like a bitter grumpy gringo that would complain about your latte at a Starbucks Baja ain’t for everyone, that’s why there’s Waikiki Hope you survived the night

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.