Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Ignacio Chronology Book by Nomad 'Juanita'
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 11:06 AM
San Ignacio Chronology Book by Nomad 'Juanita'

While at San Ignacio last week, I bought a copy of Juanita's book at the La Huerta Hotel front desk.

It has a beautiful cover! Published in 2017

The book gives historical data of events in San Ignacio by the year of the event. It begins in 8000 BC with the story of how people arrived and then on to 1535 with the Spanish coming to California and the years' events to 2014. It has a couple of historical sketches of the mission but no other photos or maps. 160 pages with a place-saver flap, very nice! It is in Spanish, but with an English translation below each paragraph inside the book.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 11:13 AM

That's right up your proverbial "camino de tierra"

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-22-2019 at 12:49 PM

Very cool. I've been told I should read more books...;)

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 03:55 AM

Juanita has done a great job of documenting events in San Ignacio.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 06:17 AM

Juanita is still around, and her small museum is still open for the public, but she is no longer renting out rooms.
I did stop in and saw her a few weeks ago, you can purchase her and other books there.
Very pleasant to chat with her, while enjoying her garden.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 08:22 AM

I have seen Juanita Juanita every time we go to San Ignacio. She is always a wealth of information, and I have sent countless people to visit her also.
Magnificent lady!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 09:50 AM

Thanks for the update on Juanita. She is a wonderful woman.

Great to hear she has published her book. When we had our place in Loreto we used to make it a point to stay with her on our many trips back and forth. It felt like a home.

Occasionally we were asked to bring things south for her on our next drive by. Predictably it was always boxes and boxes of books and books. She does love ther books.

We have met some wonderful people in Baja and she is indeed one of the best!

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.