[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 01:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Seems to me the EC IS the box and one person one vote would be outside the box, no? Democracy is supposed to be about what the majority wants or so I learned.

You learned wrong.

democracy | dəˈmäkrəsē |

noun (plural democracies)

a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives:

• control of an organization or group by the majority of its members

What it is being redefined as is a whole different story.

Yeah well,

This democracy, although imperfect, is the best democracy this world has ever seen and is by far the most sucessful system in the world today.
The world has benfited greatly from us and our sucess. And will continue to do so.
And is the system the founding fathers put in place.

So, who the hell are you to question their wisdom.

But please continue to enjoy your "freedom of speech".
It's you right to say stupid stuff;)

Just because something is two plus centuries old doesn't mean it can't be tweaked to make it better. Granted they did a good job but I don't believe they set things up to NEVER be changed as needed as time went on.

Pretty sure those guys would be appalled at what is going on right now with all three branches of government.

Besides, we aren't quite the legends in our own minds as we think we are.

http://www.unz.com/freed/the-view-from-abroad/

There is merit to look into it. But I think that would be an amendment to the constitution.
So you better start working on that... it gonna take some time...
It really doen't matter what the world thinks...
Find me one successful economy that dosn't cheat...
And then still not even close...
So again, they can say whatever stupid stuff they want right...

"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to... oh well..."

[Edited on 6-15-2019 by fishbuck]

Anybody can think whatever they want about me, couldn't give a flying rats culo, never have never will, and the closer it get to the time I'm out of here, the less I care about any of this crap. Just kind of entertaining to watch it all turn to chit.

"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to... oh well..."

It is words to an old song.
I don't mean you or anyone personally.

[Edited on 6-16-2019 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

pacificobob
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 06:15 AM

racism is the key factor ; the elephant in the room few care to acknowledge. 51% of whites feel they are being left behind and are somehow suffering inequity in todays america . the world is "browning" and it frightens some people. along comes president puzzy-grabber and he gives voice to their fears and hate. anyone who can't see the relationship between racism and trumps popularity is delusional.
fishbuck
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 10:55 AM

While there certainly may be this sentiment somewhere... not everyone feels that way.
I am personally enriched by the diverse life I have lived.
Because I know I am the equal of any people I have ever come across.
There is nothing to fear.
Hard work and detemination is universal.
Mutual respect is the result.
Now get back to work and continue to make America the greatest country in the world!
Good job everyone!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

mtgoat666
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Indivisible, resisting fascists in orange hair!

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 11:42 AM

While there certainly may be this sentiment somewhere... not everyone feels that way.

The beneficiaries of white privilege rarely are aware that they are the beneficiaries of white privilege.

In your case, it appears that ignorance is bliss.

[Edited on 6-16-2019 by mtgoat666]

Make America Decent Again
JoeJustJoe
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 11:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
[:saint:

MAGA is trump’s code phrase to rile up the ignorant fearful redneck base, he is pitching the idea that women will stay home, whites will reign supreme, high-paying union jobs will come back, queers will go back in the closet, etc.
‘MAGA” basically translates as “crock of redneck chit.”

Goat would agree with everything you said except for the union part. Trump and the GOP are always anti-union.

Can you believe the GOP Gov and Senator, talked the VW auto workers in Tennessee to reject a union?

Is that dumb or what?

But then the GOP middle class and poor routinely votes against their own interests especailly in southen states.

John Harper
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 12:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Can you believe the GOP Gov and Senator, talked the VW auto workers in Tennessee to reject a union?

Is that dumb or what?

But then the GOP middle class and poor routinely votes against their own interests especailly in southen states.

Stupid is, as stupid does. These saps have no one to blame but themselves.

John

[Edited on 6-16-2019 by John Harper]
fishbuck
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2019 at 12:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The beneficiaries of white privilege rarely are aware that they are the beneficiaries of white privilege.

In your case, it appears that ignorance is bliss.

[Edited on 6-16-2019 by mtgoat666]

You must be mistaken sir. Because my experience is that everyone must think I am black.
Because I suffer from the exact same things that black and other people of color complain about.
The other end of that is when my white peers look down their noses at me... the whitetrash hillbilly.
But that's ok. I just work harder too prove everyone wrong.
Success is the best revenge...
But I will thank my parents, who grew up poor and on the farm, for being the salt of the earth and providing me with the opportunity and example to suceed.
God bless their souls...:saint:

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 05:35 AM

I think you liberals really need to look back over the last two years. Without exception, you've been wrong about every single policy decision rant that you've had here on this board. I get that your passionate, but obviously, you're not as informed at you think you are.

Joe, as always, everything you think you know, just isn't so. Really, Iran isn't the one? We tracked the missile they fired at our drone straight back to mainland Iran. Your liberal rage has blinded you to the point where you no longer accept facts or science. Obstruct at any cost, isn't good for anything.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 06:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
I think you liberals really need to look back over the last two years. Without exception, you've been wrong about every single policy decision rant that you've had here on this board. I get that your passionate, but obviously, you're not as informed at you think you are.

Joe, as always, everything you think you know, just isn't so. Really, Iran isn't the one? We tracked the missile they fired at our drone straight back to mainland Iran. Your liberal rage has blinded you to the point where you no longer accept facts or science. Obstruct at any cost, isn't good for anything.

so tRumps attempt to shut the government down worked? Great policy decision ! Taking money from defense for a wall is a great policy decision... go figure.

Flying a drone over another country is always risky.
John Harper
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 07:35 AM

Obstruct at any cost, isn't good for anything.

Remember the Merrick Garland nomination? Mitch McConnell, aka "The Grim Reaper?" The Republican led Senate, where all bills (except tax cuts!) go to die? The Trump administration itself, blocking all legal Article 2 inquiries by the House? None of this is obstruction?

What's YOUR definition of obstruction?

John

[Edited on 6-17-2019 by John Harper]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 07:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Obstruct at any cost, isn't good for anything.

Remember the Merrick Garland nomination? Mitch McConnell, aka "The Grim Reaper?" The Republican led Senate, where all bills (except tax cuts!) go to die? The Trump administration itself, blocking all legal Article 2 inquiries by the House? None of this is obstruction?

What's YOUR definition of obstruction?

John

I think Timinator's idea that "Obstruct at any cost, isn't good for anything" is incomplete. What he really meant is:

"Obstruct what I'm in favor of at any cost, isn't good for anything"

And I'll agree with that. :D

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 08:09 AM

Without exception, you've been wrong about every single policy decision rant that you've had here on this board.

Well, thanks for your opinion.

I think:

Pulling out of the Paris Climate Accords was a mistake
Pulling out of the Iran Nuclear Deal was a mistake
Lowering taxes on high-income earners was a mistake

But like you, this is my opinion. And fortunately, these policy blunders can all be undone after Trump is out. The only lasting Trump effect so far is the Supreme Court and you guys got that, good for you.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Tiocfaidh ar la

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 09:25 AM
Trump Making America Grate Again .......................

.......... And Again and Again and Again .................. usually on a daily basis.

While the mass sycophancy cult pledging their sieg heils to the D.C. Despot is (admittedly) unusually strident, we have seen the likes of it before here in the U.S. AND (of course) in prewar (WWII) Germany, Italy and elsewhere.

Whether the blind and unwavering allegiance occurs among Liberal defenders of undeserving political figures i.e. Willie Boy, etc. OR Conservatives, there is a tendency to view everything related to those figures in ABSOLUTE PARTISAN terms without regard to morality or constitutionality. Excusing and rationalizing ALL acts or words in terms of US v. THEM.

The "more" honest among the current followers when confronted by unassailable facts contrary to the Trumpian pronouncements will invariably fall back on the oft-repeated "well, it would be worse IF Hillary had won" or the evangelical cop-out to the (variously worded) effect that "we didn't think that we were electing a saint" while ignoring that THEY (of all people) should be honoring a philosophy of truth , justice and charity that is supposed to guide their thoughts and actions. Hypocrisy is most rampant among the Religious Right.

But, even there, we shouldn't be surprised. After all, throughout history, it had often been the MOST devout who have been the greatest perpetrators and supporters of evil acts rationalized as honoring THEIR version of God. Here in the U.S., the strength of the KKK came from many devout adherents bent on saving THEIR version of the bible.

Those who have enlisted in the Unholy Mission marching behind this current False Prophet are (for the most part) likely beyond redeeming and the great challenge for 2020 will be presenting a reasonable alternative that will bring back enough of those disappointed and dejected voters who defected and elected the Orange Ogre.

.................................................. BIDEN 2020
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 10:01 AM

[rquote=1161872&tid=92831&author=fishbuck

You must be mistaken sir. Because my experience is that everyone must think I am black.
Because I suffer from the exact same things that black and other people of color complain about......

[Edited on 6-16-2019 by fishbuck][/rquote ]

FF,
You have to be kidding :O :no:

What arrogance and white privilege at its best....you're white....maybe a hillbilly....but you are still white....get over it....and don't try to use the oppression of people of color to somehow have an identity.

How pathetic. :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
fishbuck
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 10:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
[rquote=1161872&tid=92831&author=fishbuck

Because I suffer from the exact same things that black and other people of color complain about......

[Edited on 6-16-2019 by fishbuck][/rquote ]

FF,
You have to be kidding :O :no:

What arrogance and white privilege at its best....you're white....maybe a hillbilly....but you are still white....get over it....and don't try to use the oppression of people of color to somehow have an identity.

How pathetic. :rolleyes:

Why thank you for such a thoughtful suggestion. And for confirming my race.
I only was using the "color" thing for example. But I gathered that thought from years of sitting in the "breakroom" amongst one of the most racially diverse (and those other diversities) workforces the planet has ever known.
Long Beach, Ca is noted for that.
This also goes to show the expectation that comes with being white and is the kind of racisim I have experienced since Day 1 I was in the military.
The stereo type is such.

Since I am white which means that I am "privileged" in some way.
And because of this priveledge I will be held to a much higher standard than someone who is deemed to be" underpriveldged"
And apparently that is everyone except me.
While the "underpriveldged" will be cut extra slack if they make a mistake because of their deprived upbringing etc.
Even more so by the members of their same race who are in authority. A little getting even with whitey I suppose.

So again Jed thankyou for reminding me that it is all my fault... cause I'm such a priveledged white boy.

I feel better now...

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Ebulient

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 10:21 AM

Is Canada still still giving all that water to Nestles, to put in plastic bottles and add to world pollution?
John Harper
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 10:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Is Canada still still giving all that water to Nestles, to put in plastic bottles and add to world pollution?

Yes, and they hijacked the name "bacon" and applied it to pork chop fillets! That's what really ticks Americans off!

John

fishbuck
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 10:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

Yes, and they hijacked the name "bacon" as well! That's what really peees Americans off!

John

They are just a tad " underpriveledged" up there...

[Edited on 6-17-2019 by fishbuck]

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 10:37 AM

What a pathetic display of underachieving whites using people of darker shades in an attempt to elevate themselves to a false Mother Teresa persona and try to shame any white who has achieved any level of success into believing they owe it to their color. Most of the white achievers who have contributed to the wealth of this country know and have friends among many darker skinned achievers who have done just as well or better on the same playing field. Maybe the pathetic set who have worn out the “racist” or “hillbilly” labels they throw around should get a life and focus on providing a positive contribution to the lives of those they profess to be advocating for.
caj13
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2019 at 10:53 AM

I didn't know Johnson was a republican? civil rights act of 1964, civil rights act of 1968, fair housing act of 1968,

who knew!
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright � 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.