Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Forbes Magazine article on the La Paz area
bajagregg
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 10:15 AM
Forbes Magazine article on the La Paz area

An interesting article in Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/breannawilson/2018/12/13/forget...

Traveling Baja for 50 years.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 12:04 PM

That was a well written article. Nice!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 12:55 PM

I don't think of La Paz as a "tiny Beach town" at all.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 01:30 PM

First the "tiny beach town" then "this is a place for travellers,not tourists". I couldn´t read past that. She´s probably never been there.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 01:33 PM

Well, I would say there is a difference between a traveler and a tourist. I think we Nomads are travelers.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 01:36 PM

Can we agree that it's a "beach" town.
Although I think technically speaking.
It's a beach city.
Bahia Asuncion is a "small beach town".

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Well, I would say there is a difference between a traveler and a tourist. I think we Nomads are travelers.

I know the difference but LAP has a hell of a lot more tourists than travellers:
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 03:19 PM

La Paz used to be a tiny beach town.
Very local
Very quiet
Very calm

Now the rat race is on
Traffic increased by the factor 10
Now elbows rule

Harald Pietschmann
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 03:39 PM

Nice article. Thanks for sharing.

We see it as a traveler town and hope it does not turn into a tourist town. It is still very local, quiet and calm for us and some people who complain about it apparently can't find enough money on go fund me to get a bus ticket out of our town and stop complaining about it.
Just fking leave 4X4 since all you can do is slam La Paz in every post...NOW GO AWAY to another place. You make local, educated Mexican people hate the gringo type that you represent. Leave us now!
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 04:04 PM

Now we are going to go out and enjoy some local music at Courmel for the evening and enjoy the city we live in.

My wifes family, who knows 4X4 and wants him to stop going to their ‘business‘ will chip in for a bus ticket when he does his Go Fund My Bus ticket because they are tired of him complaining about EVERYTHING when he goes there..

Dude, local people here know, and don‘t like you...wonder why...go away
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 04:09 PM

Like I wrote before - I'll buy you lunch and beer, let's talk

Harald Pietschmann
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 04:12 PM

Can I get some of that fun(d) money?
Except it is to stay in town and wonder up and down the Malecon trying to figure it all out... and understanding enough to get a cool drink and wonder how in the heck I am going fishing...
Maybe I'll go to Muertos or La Vantana...
I left a few Roosterfish there... all of them;)
And a few lures...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 04:27 PM

That's fine … her influence piece (she probably got free hotel stay and was led around by the hand to all those places) will keep travelers and tourists away from the really special places. Definitely not tiny - that tells ya something.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 05:22 PM

Traveler and tourist are same thing in this use of the word. If you call yourself a traveler, you are just a delusional tourist.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 05:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
Nice article. Thanks for sharing.

We see it as a traveler town and hope it does not turn into a tourist town. It is still very local, quiet and calm for us and some people who complain about it apparently can't find enough money on go fund me to get a bus ticket out of our town and stop complaining about it.
Just fking leave 4X4 since all you can do is slam La Paz in every post...NOW GO AWAY to another place. You make local, educated Mexican people hate the gringo type that you represent. Leave us now!

Charles Manson,
You are a tourist - a nasty, ill-mannered tourist.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 05:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Traveler and tourist are same thing in this use of the word. If you call yourself a traveler, you are just a delusional tourist.

Wow!
So deep!

That's when I do my best traveler'ing... when I'm in "delusional tourisist" mode.
I enjoy it more that way;)

Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 07:07 PM

Capital of BCS with 250,000 habitants, hardly small, she must be from NYC.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 07:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I am sure we all can have our own interpretations. Since you are so unfamiliar with me (after all these years), let me clarify my interpretation...

*Tourists stay almost exclusively in resort hotels, often travel in groups, on tour buses, or with a tour guide.

*Travelers usually travel solo or with a few friends and typically camp or stay in motels or bed & breakfast places. They often don't have a firm itinerary and can be flexible on their travel plans to best enjoy what they find.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 08:58 PM

Don't think the author has been to La Paz. ''Tiny beach town'' is a give away. As in, anyone who's ever been to LP would never call it a tiny or a beach town.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2019 at 11:21 PM

I am sure we all can have our own interpretations. Since you are so unfamiliar with me (after all these years), let me clarify my interpretation...

*Tourists stay almost exclusively in resort hotels, often travel in groups, on tour buses, or with a tour guide.

*Travelers usually travel solo or with a few friends and typically camp or stay in motels or bed & breakfast places. They often don't have a firm itinerary and can be flexible on their travel plans to best enjoy what they find.

Same flocking thing.

tourist
(tʊərɪst)
Word forms: tourists
countable noun
A tourist is a person who is visiting a place for pleasure and interest, especially when they are on vacation.
...a tourist attraction.

Woke!

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.